Cosmetic Equipment Slots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cosmetic Equipment Slots

The idea is simple, add an addition set of equipment slots (i.e. each character will have TWO Helmet slots, TWO cape slots, etc), equipment equipped in these slots is purely cosmetic and will not affect the states.

e.g. equipping the Apprentice Armguards in the Equipment (original) slot and Arcanist Armguards in the Cosmetic (new) slot
    Stats of the Apprentice Armguards and,
    Appearance of the Arcanist Armguards will apply to the character.

Why I want that? I looks way cooler to have full set of equipment, mixing multiple sets just look, ah..., weird. (Imagine a warrior with 2 pieces of Juggernaut set equipment, while having those skinny legs and body armor. It just...)

p.s. The devs can also make considerable amount of money by adding Cosmetic equipment (equipment which look so bad ass but have no states) to the game without affecting the game balance

Afaik the current plan is to add a (one) slot for cosmetic things, which is obviously very different from your idea (which I like).

Comment

Originally posted by peter chan View Post
      p.s. The devs can also make considerable amount of money by adding Cosmetic equipment (equipment which look so bad ass but have no states) to the game without affecting the game balance
      ^So much this.^

This is a similar approach to Path of Exile,and is a alternative way to earn revenue.

Comment

Skins? I suppose that'd be fine. There's a lot of money in skins. Heck, even changing character hair / skin for Gems would be nice.

Comment

The idea is simple, add an addition set of equipment slots (i.e. each character will have TWO Helmet slots, TWO cape slots, etc), equipment equipped in these slots is purely cosmetic and will not affect the states.

e.g. equipping the Apprentice Armguards in the Equipment (original) slot and Arcanist Armguards in the Cosmetic (new) slot
          Stats of the Apprentice Armguards and,
          Appearance of the Arcanist Armguards will apply to the character.

Why I want that? I looks way cooler to have full set of equipment, mixing multiple sets just look, ah..., weird. (Imagine a warrior with 2 pieces of Juggernaut set equipment, while having those skinny legs and body armor. It just...)

This is basically skin concept/mechanics. As long as it doesn't provide extra stats, then I'm in for this, LOL. This not only allow increase in revenue for the game but also make it kind of entertaining in it's own way.
          Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

i like the money in Skins a lot actually.
            people cant complain that it is pay to win at all
            but you get a feeling of getting something more for what you spend.

(PoE has a lot of these actually. and special things are given in events too. I recently saw one that made you character 3% larger you got for winning a league. So you were a large figure in the world....interesting...
            Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
            Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
            see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
            and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
            It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

I heard from the devs that skins will be released with PvP! (not really but i'm just saying-- it wont ever happen)
              ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
              ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
              Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
                I heard from the devs that skins will be released with PvP! (not really but i'm just saying-- it wont ever happen)
                Actually, I don't think PVP is a good idea for this game, with the following reason:

1) P2W
                Don't get triggered immediately, I'm not complaining. This is almost a must for a RPG, devs have to eat after all, so I'm completely fine for that. However, if you put PVP mode in a P2W game, it is not going to end well. Buyers will easily dominate the battle, no question about that. When you got defeated, you hope you lost because your opponent out-played you, but most of the time in a P2W PVP, you lost because your opponent simply put more money than you on this game. That will cause players quitting, if PVP turns out is a substantial part for character to progress (e.g. you can obtain unique, powerful items in PVP that cannot be obtained anywhere else). This is a major reason, and I have seen too many games just simply can't understand this simple fact.

2) Balancing
                Currently, the skill sets of the classes are designed for PVE, there is a lot of adjustments and balancing have to be done to adopt PVP. For some case, some ability combos are just OP for PVP.
                e.g. Mage use Blink x2 --> Time Wrap --> Blizzard/Frost Beam = At least half of your opponent's health will be gone, and he can't do anything due to the effect of Time Wrap
                e.g. Bounty Hunter use Smoke Screen --> Snipe --> Rapid Fire = You properly already dead after all these.

So, in my opinion, either the devs can make is a PVP mode, but it simply just for fun and completely optional

OR

make a coop mode. There are plenty of ways to implement it.
                1) Make a number of bosses which each of them appear in regular base (e.g. on every 1 hr) after it has been defeated), players can team up and try to kill him, rewards are distributed to the team which contribute the most.

2) Make a boss, which, again, appear from time to time, which players can try to kill him to get rewards. The boss has huge amount of health so every online player can join in. You don't have to display other players on the screen, just simply display the remaining health of the boss. It likes boss battles in single player mode, but this time, other players will try to kill it as well. There can be multiple rewards, e.g. first blood, most damage deal, final strike (a.k.a. kill stealing).

Or instead of bosses, just simply make a swamp of enemies.

Comment

Actually, I don't think PVP is a good idea for this game, with the following reason:

1) P2W
                  Don't get triggered immediately, I'm not complaining. This is almost a must for a RPG, devs have to eat after all, so I'm completely fine for that. However, if you put PVP mode in a P2W game, it is not going to end well. Buyers will easily dominate the battle, no question about that. When you got defeated, you hope you lost because your opponent out-played you, but most of the time in a P2W PVP, you lost because your opponent simply put more money than you on this game. That will cause players quitting, if PVP turns out is a substantial part for character to progress (e.g. you can obtain unique, powerful items in PVP that cannot be obtained anywhere else). This is a major reason, and I have seen too many games just simply can't understand this simple fact.

2) Balancing
                  Currently, the skill sets of the classes are designed for PVE, there is a lot of adjustments and balancing have to be done to adopt PVP. For some case, some ability combos are just OP for PVP.
                  e.g. Mage use Blink x2 --> Time Wrap --> Blizzard/Frost Beam = At least half of your opponent's health will be gone, and he can't do anything due to the effect of Time Wrap
                  e.g. Bounty Hunter use Smoke Screen --> Snipe --> Rapid Fire = You properly already dead after all these.

So, in my opinion, either the devs can make is a PVP mode, but it simply just for fun and completely optional

OR

make a coop mode. There are plenty of ways to implement it.
                  1) Make a number of bosses which each of them appear in regular base (e.g. on every 1 hr) after it has been defeated), players can team up and try to kill him, rewards are distributed to the team which contribute the most.

2) Make a boss, which, again, appear from time to time, which players can try to kill him to get rewards. The boss has huge amount of health so every online player can join in. You don't have to display other players on the screen, just simply display the remaining health of the boss. It likes boss battles in single player mode, but this time, other players will try to kill it as well. There can be multiple rewards, e.g. first blood, most damage deal, final strike (a.k.a. kill stealing).

Or instead of bosses, just simply make a swamp of enemies.
                  There will be a reduction on the damage done of characters as far as PVP is concerned. Basically like how trial monsters' DMG and Toughness are increased in proportion to how easy it is to increase each stat.
                  Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

Working...
                  X