Named Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Named Staff

We need one. Is there one? Why not!? My character is leaning on an invisible staff bottom while holding her sword in the air very awkwardly.. Can we fix that? yes it's only aesthetic but come on. Either fix the model to lean on weapons right or just come up with a named staff. I'm happy with either. There's THREE named maces.. Why no staff..
    Last edited by Skyla; 06-18-2018, 09:26 AM. Reason: I forgot about Skybreaker.
    QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
    Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

How would it affect diversity? Or are you talking about appearance?
    In comparison, the BH doesn't even have a 2nd weapon type, let alone a second named weapon. The other two classes can choose to go more tanky with a shield and/or equip swords, maces etc. to choose from.
    I don't have any inside info, but I would be surprised if the devs left 1 class with 1 weapon type, 1 named weapon and no off-hands, to prioritise a 7th named item for the other 2 classes that already have named sword, maces, tome and shields. I have been wrong before though, so...
    I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

To be frank, there should've been more named items and/or equippable items for BH and Mage to begin with. Warrior is the class that has so much named items but trash Set items so they can focus on the Warrior's set items. Mage was forced to be able to equip the weapons of the Warrior class with the least highlight/importance/focus to pick Staves/Staff. Perspective-wise, I don't think Weapon damage should even be used for Mages, the Staves can have lower damage for all I care since you don't use it to whack enemies anyway. It should grant bonuses to the Mage skills instead which all of the other RPG's do.

While I understand that it's technically and realistically better to talk about the classes that need more stuff, we shouldn't be compromising the other classes that do so. Unless there's a calendar for what will be talked about, done, developed, then we're out to shout out that there's a lot to fix in the class types, set items, named items, weapon choices in this game which should've been fixed already before the game was released. While we don't need to blame the first ones who made it, we should then talk about the resolution to get an optimistic view. Sadly, this can only be done if Devs are openly talking to their fanbase about such things.
      Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post
        How would it affect diversity? Or are you talking about appearance?
        In comparison, the BH doesn't even have a 2nd weapon type, let alone a second named weapon. The other two classes can choose to go more tanky with a shield and/or equip swords, maces etc. to choose from.
        I don't have any inside info, but I would be surprised if the devs left 1 class with 1 weapon type, 1 named weapon and no off-hands, to prioritise a 7th named item for the other 2 classes that already have named sword, maces, tome and shields. I have been wrong before though, so...
        I would say with your very valid point in mind, purely looks because yes if anyone needs more love it's BH, just look at the synergy. But otoh he only uses guns so it would be another..gun.
        I'm mainly speaking on the character select screen where the mage model is obviously leaning on a staff regardless of what your holding lol. It wouldn't be so bad if they had the one hand items like swords,etc facing the ground instead of pointing in the air.
        Aside from the aesthetic value it would help dmg slightly seeing as staffs have higher base dmg.
        Don't get me wrong you are very correct tho. I was mainly speaking on the looks. I keep a random staff on my mage just so I don't have to see the awkward floating weapons lol
        QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
        Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

Working...
        X