Access to Celestial Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access to Celestial Items

Thus far, the only way for a player to obtain a Celestial (5-attribute) item is via progressing to a certain level in an event. I'd like to see alternatives that don't require the intense investment of time/energy over the duration of a time-limited event in order to obtain one of these items. Many players simply can't dedicate the time needed to reach TL 80 in ANB.

I'd like to see Celestial boxes become available through crafting. The material cost would need to be high, of course: perhaps a certain number of legendary level 70 set items plus a certain number of gems. That would make these items available to those who can't spend many hours playing over a single week.
    DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

I agree here. I am also a player who enjoys the limited time events and spent a large amount of time and energy on this past one, finishing #13 on the BH leaderboard. However, many cannot commit that much time, and sometimes the week the event is happening isn’t good for many, whether it’s work, family, school, etc...

Giving the whole player base an opportunity for c-boxes would be great, whether by crafting, or some means accessible to all. Of course, they must be extremely hard to get, just not confined to a week event 100% of the time.
    Last edited by Zudd; 12-08-2018, 11:35 PM.

Comment

I got my highest finish yet on ANB, but still only cleared TL 73, and now my mouse hand elbow is in pain from spending too much time at the computer and I'm having a ME/CFS flare-up. Spending that much time was literally bad for my health.
      DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Comment

I agree with this. At least the new players or those who are unable to join ANBs would still be able to obtain celestial items.
        Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

Has left the game

Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
        Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

Think allowing it to be purchased makes ANB less ummm special. Possibly maybe 1 per character can be purchased? Also has to be locked to that character when you buy. Or else people just going to cycle characters to get full celestial.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhk1004 View Post
            Think allowing it to be purchased makes ANB less ummm special. Possibly maybe 1 per character can be purchased? Also has to be locked to that character when you buy. Or else people just going to cycle characters to get full celestial.
            I'm not suggesting that it be purchasable. By design, Celestial items are bound to a single character.
            DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixFitz View Post

I'm not suggesting that it be purchasable. By design, Celestial items are bound to a single character.
              Celestial boxes from my understanding are not bound to a character. Its bound after opening. Or do I have the mechanics wrong?

Comment

I would suggest to announce the next ANB earlier so that people have sufficient time to make themselves available for the ANB for a fairer competition. I think the latest ANB #4 was only announced a day before the start of ANB leaving a lot of people unable to plan for it.

ANB #4 - BH Rank 24 - T107 in 9:19

Comment

Obviously not purchasable....that would be P2W, which contradicts this game. Many of the player base are casuals and won't have the time or energy to put into a week straight of playing. Having another option that isn't bound to a single potentially unhealthy week if you really want to rank high and grab numerous celestials (less sleep, less study for students, "sick days" at work, more complaints from the wife ;-) would give more players access to celestials and not just the hardcore few.
                  Last edited by Zudd; 12-10-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhk1004 View Post

Celestial boxes from my understanding are not bound to a character. Its bound after opening. Or do I have the mechanics wrong?
                    As I said, Celestial items.
                    DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Comment

Bhk1004 celestial items are permanently bound to the hero that opens it. Not the account, one hero within the account. Choose wisely

I debated commenting on this thread cause there’s not enuff time to write why granting celestials to casual play style is not desirable. So based upon that lead-in you know where I stand.

A game must have something special to reward players who desire to create elite heroes. If celestials were available for purchase it would destroy the future of this game imo. If the devs made any change to celestial acquisition it should still be accomplishment based imo. Maybe make it trial 60 or complete Act4 legendary.

We also still await seasonal leaderboard rewards and a leaderboard reset, which were promised long ago. Maybe reward top 50 seasonal leaderboards with a Celestial.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacedawg View Post
                        Bhk1004 celestial items are permanently bound to the hero that opens it. Not the account, one hero within the account. Choose wisely

I debated commenting on this thread cause there’s not enuff time to write why granting celestials to casual play style is not desirable. So based upon that lead-in you know where I stand.

A game must have something special to reward players who desire to create elite heroes. If celestials were available for purchase it would destroy the future of this game imo. If the devs made any change to celestial acquisition it should still be accomplishment based imo. Maybe make it trial 60 or complete Act4 legendary.

We also still await seasonal leaderboard rewards and a leaderboard reset, which were promised long ago. Maybe reward top 50 seasonal leaderboards with a Celestial.

Agreed to the point that celestials definitely should NOT be granted for casual play. Devs can create milestones and goals in numerous ways that are tough to get, but not tied to just a week event. Players who can’t spend 10+hrs a day during a 7 day stretch will never be able to compete for high rankings, and more celestials, than people that have the luxury to do so. Now if there were hard to reach milestones that do not have a set time limit, then more of the player base will have access to celestials, and in turn more competitive on the leaderboards and future co-op/PvP play.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacedawg View Post
                          Bhk1004 If celestials were available for purchase it would destroy the future of this game imo.
                          Once again, I am NOT advocating for purchasable Celestial cubes.
                          DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Comment

Originally posted by Zudd View Post
                            Agreed to the point that celestials definitely should NOT be granted for casual play. Devs can create milestones and goals in numerous ways that are tough to get, but not tied to just a week event. Players who can’t spend 10+hrs a day during a 7 day stretch will never be able to compete for high rankings, and more celestials, than people that have the luxury to do so. Now if there were hard to reach milestones that do not have a set time limit, then more of the player base will have access to celestials, and in turn more competitive on the leaderboards and future co-op/PvP play.
                            Yes.
                            DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Comment

PhoenixFitz Sorry if I misinterpreted your statement “The material cost would need to be high, of course: perhaps a certain number of legendary level 70 set items plus a certain number of gems.” Gems can be purchased. Allowing any monetized factor in obtaining a celestial would be p2w imo. I agree there should be other ways for people to earn celestials that are achievement based.

Comment

Working...
                              X