My impressions of the crafting patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My impressions of the crafting patch

Now that I've had a while to play with it, here are my thoughts (which I'm sure will mirror some that others have already given).

First, in general, very cool. Good job.

Second, more specifically:

1) Perks are a nice idea, but not nearly useful enough. Especially considering what it takes to get high mastery levels.

2) Mastery levels are too uneven. Initial levels are gained in no time, but around mid 20s slow to a crawl and take forever. A smoother progression would be better.

3) The 6th perk is especially lame. a) how can this apply multiple times? and b) most players hit 70th level in a week or less, so 99% of the time this perk is useless.

4) resources aren't balanced. While I'm sure this is intentional, it means that once you move on to crafting set/unique (i.e. mid and end game) the iron/cloth/leather becomes pointless. Since you can't do anything with this (other than upgrading, yawn) this will eventually break the game. Long term it might be interesting to have items become damaged over time and need to be repaired using the base ingredients. But at a minimum we need a mechanism to sell/discard excess.

5) Gold requirements are too high. Right now its no big deal because most people are sitting on a ton, but as stocks deplete this will be a major issue. I've been playing for 2 years now (not hardcore, but playing) and so far I've used up over 10% of my stockpile and I'm only at mastery 33 and haven't started serious crafting yet or even gotten a quarter of the recipes.

6) Never found an essence loose. Being able to do so might spice things up a bit.

7) Having another 'independent' inventory for gemstones would be really nice.

8) Not entirely sure what the point of the silver is. Gold already limits ability to do stuff, so why have another limiting factor? Needless complexity. Also, if you are going to have it, why have 3 stages? Why not just have ornaments and dust, and let players swap between. Having an intermediate stage and making conversion one way seems kind of strange.

9) Things like the salvage table and the inn need to have their names always visible, like the NPCs, and not be range limited. Too easy to miss them as is.

10) Locked chests are still lame. Boxes in the store strike me as giving far more for the price (although descriptions of those could use some more detail).

11) With more gold in chests, the rate it comes out/gets picked up needs to increase. When a booster is running it takes forever to collect it.

12) When viewing crafting resources, it would be nice to also see our gold total, since that is also a limiting factor.

13) Rather than separating things in the blacksmith shop by heavy/leather/cloth, why not be descriptive and say warrior/BH/mage?
    Last edited by BAgate; 12-29-2018, 11:42 AM.

About #2 , level 50 takes about 20% more XP than level 40. So it's not an exponential like CL - XP is, thankfully.

#3... completely agree 6th perk is lame. Should be unlocked at low levels. not be last one.

#4... +1 to "we need a mechanism to sell/discard excess."

#5... I disagree. I am at ML50 and have made several enchantments including exotics, spending many millions, yet my gold total has increased. This is because I had to mine a bunch of radiant topaz and got a lot of gold during the process.

#6... You get some essence from salvaging gear.

#7, #9, #11, #12 ... +1 to these, especially gold popping out of chests and flying to hero. Also increase radius around chest that pops it open.

#13... The cloth resource makes cloth armor. The leather resource makes leather armor. The iron resource makes _____ HA! , nope, it makes "heavy" armor made out of "mithril" ! ... I like the third one the best, since it's the most creative. The first two are boring.

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Also, when salvaging items, instead of various buttons to salvage certain rarities and below, could we get check boxes next to rarities and a salvage all selected button? I find that it is better to sell normal items and salvage uncommon and up. Which means I have to go somewhere other than salvage first and sell items one by one and then go salvage. Kind of annoying.

Comment

Could we get a warning when we are crafting and don't have any room left in inventory?

Comment

The crafting resource sub-inventory needs to be expanded ... as reported by players that had it fill up and then had thousands of in-game emails with the extra loot.
          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
            The crafting resource sub-inventory needs to be expanded ... as reported by players that had it fill up and then had thousands of in-game emails with the extra loot.
            I keep16 free slots in my inventory for drops. As such, I craft 16 times in a row and then go back to Salvage before returning to the Blacksmith. Slow, but easier than having many emails, which still need to be opened, collected, added to inventory slots and then salvaged.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post

I keep16 free slots in my inventory for drops. As such, I craft 16 times in a row and then go back to Salvage before returning to the Blacksmith. Slow, but easier than having many emails, which still need to be opened, collected, added to inventory slots and then salvaged.
              I think Coda mean inventory designed for materials. It's one thing when you're crafting dozens of items. In the mail will come a little. But if you salvage a full inventory of items, it's hundreds and hundreds of materials that will come to the mail.
              Left the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekromant View Post

I think Coda mean inventory designed for materials. It's one thing when you're crafting dozens of items. In the mail will come a little. But if you salvage a full inventory of items, it's hundreds and hundreds of materials that will come to the mail.
                ^^ THIS
                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

I was referring to your actual inventory, not resource inventory (which I addressed previously). Now it is too easy to be crafting a ton of items to get exp and end up with 20 emails that have to be addressed one by one. Would be nice to get an alert letting you know you were full so you could stop

Comment

When we salvage items could the return be sorted? I'd like to be able to see what I got at a glance, but with everything mixed together you really can't.

Comment

Why is 'enchanting materials' in a different place than 'materials' Shouldn't all 'materials' be under one heading?

Comment

Working...
                      X