Official announcements of new versions and events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official announcements of new versions and events

There are several official ways for announcement for the game: the Announcements box in the forum, the #announcements channel in Discord, the in-game mails and news but none of them has been used recently.

The last announcements in the forum and Discord are for 1.3.33 beta, there are no mentions about official 1.3.34 and 1.3.40. For the last event, the developers used only the general game_chat channel in Discord for announcement that were immediately flooded by other messages. Some players had to make copies of the discuss and post them to forum, it is very unprofessional.

Please use official channels for announcing every new version and event. For minor bug fixes, this is enough to make copy&paste from Google Playstore to the forum and Discord. For important changes like announcing new crafting system or new ANB, use also in-game mail for better notification.

Devs, for the love of Pete, not everyone is on Discord! I finally came to poke around on the forums to learn what all this ticket stuff is, and how the event(s) will work. You guys put a mail system in the game. Why don't you ever use it to announce events, so people who play, but may not bother with the forums, understand how these things will work? I'm sure my wife, who also plays, is not the only one who would appreciate that.

OK, end rant now. BTW, I'm having fun in the event. Thanks for making a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scintillant View Post
      not everyone is on Discord!
      then join discord?
      ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
      ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
      Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
        then join discord?
        Helpful responses appreciated.

Comment

I agree with you and have written a feedback there
          There are several official ways for announcement for the game: the Announcements box in the forum, the #announcements channel in Discord, the in-game mails and news but none of them has been used recently. The last announcements in the forum and Discord are for 1.3.33 beta, there are no mentions about official 1.3.34 and

Even if you joined Discord, you couldn't see the announcement if you were not online at the moment. The developer didn't use the official #announcements channel but general game_chat, that are flooded with other messages so it is impossible to track.

Comment

How to join the discord ?Do you have the link? Ty

Comment

Go to the main page of this forum (or click here https://forum.makingfun.com/). On the right side, you will see the Discord panel, click on "Connect". For the first time, you may need to register.

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
                Go to the main page of this forum (or click here https://forum.makingfun.com/). On the right side, you will see the Discord panel, click on "Connect". For the first time, you may need to register.
                Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately, Discord is a "live chat" system. You must constantly be watching the interactions in order to have awareness. Unfortunately, this is not appropriate or even possible for those who work during the day. Also the multitude of time zones across which player exist makes it difficult. (I saw two separate Discord "transcripts" about the new ANB on the Forum.)

The Forum system is tough enough to use to follow a specific thread. With the possibility of multiple threads on the same or similar subject it is very difficult.

The in-game notification is nice and goes to all players. Unfortunately, it is always like a surprise party--you never know when it is going to be announced.

Possibly there is a way to either regularly schedule such events or to give even 1 week's notice. A notice to my client's mailbox, for example.

Comment

There is a dedicated #announcements channel in Discord for announcements, similarly there is Announcements box in this forum. It is enough to post a short announcement there for every new version/event, then add links to more information if necessary (e.g. details about crafting system or ANB event), so everyone can find the needed information.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
                      Unfortunately, Discord is a "live chat" system. You must constantly be watching the interactions in order to have awareness. U
                      Nope, one day you will look and read about 10 messages and know that adrian was on discord again. Then you can search for messages from adrian in the search bar and read all the messages yourself.
                      ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                      ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                      Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Thanks for the understanding. I'd prefer official announcement, not following folks.

Comment

Working...
                        X