Celestial items @boss’ loot table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celestial items @boss’ loot table

Now that the league has ended and we’re back on our perma characters. Why wouldnt there be celestial items on a regular loot table of trial bosses?

Let me start by saying that I certainly do understand that celestial items are supposed to present an accomplishment and should be very special. That said, look at “primals” in D3 for example. Getting a primal is extremely rare and once you finnally get one, 99% of the time its going to be useless. Either its a useless piece or when its finally the right piece of the right set, you dont get the stats you want. Same way stats are in Eternium. If I get celestial gloves and Im lucky its not a random legendary/nor adventure set piece I still need to get extremely lucky with the chosen stats on the item. If I get gloves with %gold armor and life regen instead of offensive stats, with the option to reforge 1 stat I still wont use that celestial over my legendary set piece with right stats.

The point is, I have a chance to get the best in slot item while farming the game. In my opinion thats the way every RPG should be. From where Im standing, I dont see a point putting time in game out of season.

If I have the slightest 0.1% chance on a celestial drop and 0.01% it being actually BIS. Ill play. Ill farm the **** out of it. Ill be excited for every time I kill the boss.

You still get to keep events super exciting, because obviously getting a celestial box where I choose my specific item with stats I want is insane.

The fact there are items better than what you can find while playing the game regularly is demotivating. Maybe thats just me though.

This is in no way a complain. I love the game and, love the devs.

PS: sorry if there has been a post with devs answers about this, couldnt find one.

An introduction of an entirely new type of item to the trial boss loots would be interesting, something which gives a slight edge to the legendary set items that we currently have in the game, or introducing a new set for each character.

Yup, I do agree that making celestial items drop off trial bosses would make people be excited and motivated to keep doing the trials even though the chance of it dropping may be very low, like 0.1% as you mentioned. Once most players hit very high trial levels, they will tend to become bored of the game and stop playing, and only come back for ANBs. I believe there are many interesting things that the devs are trying to bring into this game, but it's taking quite a bit of time (possibly months) and lots of players would've left by then.

​​​​
    Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

Has left the game

Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
    Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

That would be at best a temporary solution. In this current format, it's possible to earn 6 custom celestials. 2/3rds of your equipment in a single (triple) event. You can also earn 6 custom legendary items, which will very frequently be better than a random-stat celestial.

I haven't used the celestials yet because everything I have on my main is already from a custom legendary from past events, and I'm not pushing trials so I don't really need them. And that's what I've collected as a very casual player. Point being that gear is trivial. Even if they made celestials drop, and that would provide motivation for some people to keep playing, it wouldn't last long. And any celestial you did find would just move you that much closer to being "finished".

The only way to keep gear as a motivating factor is through forced obsolescence. Continually add new things that are better than the old. I hope the next "new" gear thing isn't quite so readily available, but also not tied to event leaderboards either.

Comment

Originally posted by Buppy View Post
        That would be at best a temporary solution. In this current format, it's possible to earn 6 custom celestials. 2/3rds of your equipment in a single (triple) event. You can also earn 6 custom legendary items, which will very frequently be better than a random-stat celestial.

I haven't used the celestials yet because everything I have on my main is already from a custom legendary from past events, and I'm not pushing trials so I don't really need them. And that's what I've collected as a very casual player. Point being that gear is trivial. Even if they made celestials drop, and that would provide motivation for some people to keep playing, it wouldn't last long. And any celestial you did find would just move you that much closer to being "finished".

The only way to keep gear as a motivating factor is through forced obsolescence. Continually add new things that are better than the old. I hope the next "new" gear thing isn't quite so readily available, but also not tied to event leaderboards either.
        Yup agreed. I suppose new content is the best way to keep people interested and for them to stay in this game for a longer duration.
        Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

Has left the game

Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
        Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

Originally posted by Buppy View Post

I don’t necessarly agree it would get you closer to the finished game, therefore it’s not an ideal option. Adding new items? Definitelly. Thats what devs are doing anyway. But as long as there are best items, that you CAN’T obtain in the basic form of the game, there’s no point playing the game for most people. As proven from other Action RPGs.

To reply to what I disagree with. There are currently 3 classes in this game. Lets assume majority of the playing field will somewhat play at least 2 classes more or less. Each class has 3 completely unique and different sets + adventure. Not counting non-set items and weapons, thats 4x6 items per class. Even an avarage Joe would then have about 48 set items to farm for, to get them as celestial. And thats just counting 2 classes. I assume most people who play this game a lot play all 3 classes, anyway. Now.. that itself is crazy amount of items to farm. With reasonably low drop chance, thats thousands of hours played to get most of it.

Now imagine this. Id love to have 2 different pieces of each celestial set per class. For example, Id love to have full assault set with %gold and % exp and full set perfect stats for pushing.

Dunno If you’ve played any other action RPG, but thats a lot of time spend to even get close. And you are still somewhat motivated to farm those Trials.

I come from years of hardcore D2 and let me tell you. There are items Ive never ever seen drop in 4000 hours. Yet I knew they can drop. Thats what keeps you going.

Comment

Originally posted by BardPitt View Post
            To reply to what I disagree with. There are currently 3 classes in this game. Lets assume majority of the playing field will somewhat play at least 2 classes more or less. Each class has 3 completely unique and different sets + adventure. Not counting non-set items and weapons, thats 4x6 items per class. Even an avarage Joe would then have about 48 set items to farm for, to get them as celestial. And thats just counting 2 classes. I assume most people who play this game a lot play all 3 classes, anyway. Now.. that itself is crazy amount of items to farm. With reasonably low drop chance, thats thousands of hours played to get most of it.

Now imagine this. Id love to have 2 different pieces of each celestial set per class. For example, Id love to have full assault set with %gold and % exp and full set perfect stats for pushing.
            Now you're talking about building a collection rather than equipping a character with BiS gear. But the point remains the same: the faster they give you gear, the faster you'll be finished collecting it. Sure it would take a long time to fully collect all 69 set/unique items, plus gold and exp sets. Years to collect them all. But would you suggest that gear should be stagnated for years? Or would you be as excited about collecting if you knew everything was going to become obsolete before you finished? To be clear, I don't necessarily object to celestials dropping outside of events. Keeping them event only allows better control of how quickly they enter the game, but devalues non-event play. There's pros and cons to both.

Comment

Working...
            X