ANB starting times and cadence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB starting times and cadence

Given that ANB is really now a 3 intense ANBs over a 5 week period, I think most would agree with me that having ANB every 2 month is too frequent. Everyone needs more of a downtime to collect oneself and in some cases, let a new layer of finger tip to grow and replace the fraying one (that would be me and all the other old farts that play this game).

1 ANB per season seems like an ok interval. I do believe we had 4 ANBs last year.

Also please consider making the ANB starting time Saturday noon or evening. This way we get a weekend near the start and also a weekend near the end. It's stressful to do the final push while joggling work commitments. Plus I'm not sure my co-workers appreciate me hogging the conference room so I can play a game lol.
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Yup, I agree that having ANBs continuously (with a week break in) like this is too frequent and tiring. Sooner or later, every player in the game will have full sets of Celestials, making it no point to farm bosses for legendary set items (already non-set items are completely useless, soon legendary set items with random rolls will also be of no value). ANBs are events that people look forward to playing, but by having them occur so frequently, pretty sure a lot of players will likely only play the normal league to get ad boxes to save up on gems for the next ANB.
    Last edited by Sanctum; 03-09-2019, 01:36 AM.
    Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

Has left the game

Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
    Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctum View Post
      Yup, I agree that having ANBs continuously (with a week break in) like this is too frequent and tiring. Sooner or later, every player in the game will have full sets of Celestials, .
      Uh... No! This is an attempt at humor, I assume! :-)

ANBs are an exciting challenge and they can be an opportunity to test a different class of Hero or replace an earlier Hero by using new skills or efficiencies. However, for most players, there will never be an opportunity to rank in the top 100. Those who have the skills (and sometimes $) will continue to occupy the top spots and accumulate new special rewards.

Well, unless folks at the top just get bored and drop off after getting all of those Celestials... :-)

Comment

I'd propose a different schedule given the goal appears to be get and keep new players engaged before they hit the ladder of slow advancement.

Week 1: Bronze League.
        Week 2: Bronze League.
        Week 3: Bronze League.
        Week 4: Silver League.
        Week 5,6,7: Bronze League
        Week 8: Silver League
        Week 9,10,11: Bronze League
        Week 12, Silver League
        Week 13: Gold League.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post
          I'd propose a different schedule given the goal appears to be get and keep new players engaged before they hit the ladder of slow advancement.
          I, too, find that more frequent "events" keep me much more excited and engaged.

If I have a deadline with rewards, I will spend a lot more enjoyable hours. When I am just slogging through building currency or CL, I sometimes just play every other day.

I believe that having them more frequently allows a person to pace themselves, rather than being worried that the opportunity won't present itself for weeks or months. But, then, I am not trying to be better than those on the LBs, I just want to be better than myself - to learn and grow.

Comment

Alltime Events are a big plus in this game and keep the interest and fun. My only thoughts which are bad, are the 2 cboxes and 2 Lboxes every league. That‘s simply too much when I look at the next months. And, not to forget, that I and many other players outside of the ANB playtime only watch ad‘s to get more gems for the Events.
            left the game

Comment

In my noob experience thus far gear is 50%, skill 50%. Even if you're decked out in celestials it wont help too much if you sorta suck at the game especially on mobile which makes things a little more difficult.
              getting all 5 toons celested, that dont sound right but anyway...will take quite a long time even with the frequent events. Then eventually when you have all 5 celested you can enjoy the fruits of your labor and wait for the new content that we expect to be coming. Just as importantly, all the events will help to bring in the plans that much faster.

Comment

The problem is the devs are rendering huge amounts of the game obsolete. Does anyone play story mode outside of the first speed run to gain minions in events? Does anyone care about non-set gear? Now even custom-legendary boxes are virtually worthless. And with events happening every other week is the main leaderboard of any real use anymore? And in 6 months when everyone has celestials everywhere what will the devs do next? I bet it will render celestials obsolete. And so no reward is satisfying because it is only temporary. It is just a treadmill of chasing whatever the flavor of the month is. Is that sustainable?

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                  Alltime Events are a big plus in this game and keep the interest and fun. My only thoughts which are bad, are the 2 cboxes and 2 Lboxes every league. That‘s simply too much when I look at the next months. And, not to forget, that I and many other players outside of the ANB playtime only watch ad‘s to get more gems for the Events.
                  While correct, the above only affect a small portion of players. In Bronze, warrior and Mage top 100 started at TL90. In Silver, warrior did but Mage only made TL89. So we have 300 that got two Celestials and 18000 that got one or none.

In the Mage group 4000+ dropped out before Silver. Id guess thats 4000 that didnt make 70 before 9 hours, if at all.

While they 're collecting CLBs they're using them and most likely uncoordinated.

​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                  X