ANB reward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cwschwark View Post

It’s a very insignificant advantage for sure, and they diminish pretty quickly from the looks of it. I’m sure over time they’ll rotate medals and everyone will have all types and having a few extra medals over someone else isn’t going to amount to much of anything.

”For example, if I can't compete with player x because he is better than me, then what hope do I have when he is better than me and has better stats?”

I don’t see a problem with this. I see a problem with your flawed and entitled logic that makes you even think you SHOULD be able to compete with someone that’s better than you. You shouldn’t. If they’re better, they should win. If you can compete with them, the game is biased towards lesser skilled players and is giving you a handicap.

Nothing personal, it’s just unfair to cater to those not willing to put in the extra time/work. It robs the dedicated/skilled player and makes it pointless to strive to be better.
    Jesus. Life's unfair mate. What's your point? So you admit the stat advantage is insignificant, you admit you are less skilled than them, yet you say its unfair they get better/more rewards. I'm outa this post, before Buppy joins you on this one.

Comment

It’s a very insignificant advantage for sure, and they diminish pretty quickly from the looks of it. I’m sure over time they’ll rotate medals and everyone will have all types and having a few extra medals over someone else isn’t going to amount to much of anything.

”For example, if I can't compete with player x because he is better than me, then what hope do I have when he is better than me and has better stats?”

I don’t see a problem with this. I see a problem with your flawed and entitled logic that makes you even think you SHOULD be able to compete with someone that’s better than you. You shouldn’t. If they’re better, they should win. If you can compete with them, the game is biased towards lesser skilled players and is giving you a handicap.

Nothing personal, it’s just unfair to cater to those not willing to put in the extra time/work. It robs the dedicated/skilled player and makes it pointless to strive to be better.
      I don't even know where to begin. But first, let's talk about entitlement. It took me 7 months to hit CL 700, which I thought was an achievement. Then the devs changed the experience curve and players now can hit that in a week. I played for years grinding for better gear and devs then introduced first custom legendary boxes and then celestials. I busted my butt to get some celestials in the rare events that had them. But because new players aren't willing to work or spend time before they get stuff all of that was essentially wasted because it is now irrelevant since everything I worked for is now handed out like candy. And you say I am the entitled one?

And you say medals don't matter? I haven't gotten the higher medals so I can only estimate, but a top 10 player in both events would have something like +95 armor, 35 vitality, 10% exp, 10% gold, 15 haste, 60LoH, 10 CR, 8% CD and 20 power compared to a new player. Are you seriously telling me that is meaningless? Especially in the run to lvl 70? And that gap is only going to get wider. Considering that new players like BardPitt see celestials and not being able to get them instantly as reason to abandon the game, what do you think this disparity will do? Especially since it applies even to events, you know, those things where everyone is supposed to be even.

I'm all for giving players rewards for their achievements, but those rewards shouldn't make prior rewards be obsolete, be unobtainable in any other way, or fundamentally unbalance the playing field (especially when the devs are so concerned about fairness that they put in a freaking clock to make sure no one could gain an advantage by playing too much).

If you don't want to cater to those not willing to put in the work, then start complaining about the handing out of boxes at an insane rate, not about people who put in the time/work and are now seeing that be rendered meaningless.

And I never said I should be able to compete with someone better than me. I should be able to compete with someone of equal skill. But under the current model that isn't possible. To continue with my analogy in a clearer way that I hope you can understand, if player x is better then player y then player x will do better and get better medals. If player y improves and becomes equally as good as player x he will still come in behind player x because player x has gained an advantage that player y doesn't have. And since player x will continue to place better his advantage will grow as he collects more medals. So the game is no longer about skill, it is about skill and when you gained that skill. So what incentive does a new player have if they will always be at a disadvantage?

Comment

To comment briefly on one thought above. I perceive that my position on the leader board allows me to compete with those around me at the same level. They might be longer term players who have eked out their equipment and gear slowly through evolution of the game or newer players who are just passing though that point briefly on the rapid advance. But on the whole, I find that those are the folks with whom I am competing. I have no expectation that I will ever be able to compete with younger, more skilled players. I always try to remember that this is just a game.

Comment

Originally posted by BardPitt View Post

Jesus. Life's unfair mate. What's your point? So you admit the stat advantage is insignificant, you admit you are less skilled than them, yet you say its unfair they get better/more rewards. I'm outa this post, before Buppy joins you on this one.
          Sorry, I think you missed the second set of quotes. I’m in agreement with you on everything. Only my first paragraph was related to your quote. My bad. I’m not complaining at all. I’ve placed Top10 in the last 2 ANBs so I think you took my whole post wrong.

Comment

BAgate anyone that’s competing for a top spot in ANB is boosting skills and crafting the second they get to Hometown...which pretty much makes everything 1-70 get one-shot. A few stat points just means...your attacks kill them MORE dead? It’s really not that significant and they diminish quickly. Getting 1-2 of each medal is going to give you a majority of the stats and if they rotate medals, everyone will be pretty much balanced after a couple event cycles.

Comment

I LIKE the lively discussion going on here. But we might be off the track a bit here.
              My suggestion was focused on two things.
              1) Best medals are only handed out by placing near the very top (top 10/25 of each ANB league). That's the domain of PC and Whales. I consider myself a top notch mobile bh player. But I can't touch top 25. Currently there is just too much of a gap between PC/mobile for BH. You have a small chance as warrior/mage (Never has proven capable as a mobile mage but that has a lot to do with the mage meta where toughness/recovery scales far beyond the other two classes so the PC advantage in the defensive area doesn't matter much for mage). Warriors basically are DW only which relies on constant freezing of the mob (thus toughness/recovery matters a bit less). It's just the game meta that dictate the landscape as it is.
              2) solution to 1 isn't to rotate medals so the best medals can be handed out near the bottom of the LB tiers. This doesn't reward competition. But it also doesn't make sense to make the best medals the exclusive rights of the PC/whales thus make for permanent advantage.

So I suggest two things.
              1) RMBs and PMBs so the lower placing participants CAN acquire the best medals but just at a snail pace.
              2) Medal effects should be stripped out for event characters.
              GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

CraggHack Yes there were Top25 mobile players in both leagues
                Ty for info, did anyone of them hanging here in the forum or at least whos the top 25 bronze/silver mobile warrior?

Comment

Originally posted by CraggHack View Post

Ty for info, did anyone of them hanging here in the forum or at least whos the top 25 bronze/silver mobile warrior?
                  Pretty sure some of the guys in discord played warrior and made Top25

Comment

let's find out who. Btw I'm pretty certain no mobile BH can make top 25... I have been in the 3x in both bronze and silver.
                    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post

let's find out who. Btw I'm pretty certain no mobile BH can make top 25... I have been in the 3x in both bronze and silver.
                      I was rank 12 in bronze and rank 20 in silver. Still too early to say (as there are many sleepers) but prospects for top 25 in gold look good...for now. We shall see.
                      MADI QUWA GOYA 7388
                      Warrior - Mobile

Comment

My hat off NeoSamurai

Originally posted by Never View Post

Never will ask in Discord then after gold LB si ready.Looks as likely as possible after changing to Garm, but still I wanna salute him/them.For me personally going over 98, before Garm has been changed was surely impossible.
                        Dyoma , Orion , guys any of you heard bout that?

Comment

Working...
                        X