Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/2 a game still. wondering when this game will grow up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2 a game still. wondering when this game will grow up?

Been playin this off and on... mostly off... not much here really, unless you like replaying levels a few thousand times. As a former game coder, really sad to see about 50 levels of dungeons passed off as a complete game... considering extremely easy to generate levels... all of the trials are randomly generated based on a set of basic stats.

The core mechanics of the game seem pretty good, but missing in the actual game. There should be tons of worlds... They are easily generated.

Doing anything in the game costs way too much time and/or gems. I just spent 2K gems on what I can't even recall now.... Mostly to get some upgrades for legendary items. Now I must farm for days and days to get some gems back.

Where are guilds? Team play? Where are other types of challenges beyond story/trial? Like I said, really half a game here.

And seriously: Events that force you to create new characters to have to play them? REALLY? REALLY?
    Last edited by notarobot; 04-19-2019, 03:47 PM.

Well your feelings aren’t mutual!!!
    Lots of fun here especially the ANB events and the dev’s are constantly making improvements/adding content.
    Very sorry that this isn’t a pay to win game like all the games you clearly have loaded on your phone! Yes this is an app game not a terabyte downloaded pc game!
    FYI you must be a newb cause you wasted jems on trash upgrades just like I did when I first started.
    Also this forum is full of mostly happy good people so take your trash talk to D2jsp!

Comment

The game was getting a little dull after four and a half months of playing. The update we got has rejuvenated some excitement back. It's a good update.
      however, I'm on the same boat that it still feels like half the game is missing. The game needs multiplayer. Part of me thinks it's hard to think that it's not here yet after what.....4 years since launch ?.

Comment

Originally posted by notarobot View Post
        Been playin this off and on... mostly off... not much here really, unless you like replaying levels a few thousand times. As a former game coder, really sad to see about 50 levels of dungeons passed off as a complete game... considering extremely easy to generate levels... all of the trials are randomly generated based on a set of basic stats.

The core mechanics of the game seem pretty good, but missing in the actual game. There should be tons of worlds... They are easily generated.

Doing anything in the game costs way too much time and/or gems. I just spent 2K gems on what I can't even recall now.... Mostly to get some upgrades for legendary items. Now I must farm for days and days to get some gems back.

Where are guilds? Team play? Where are other types of challenges beyond story/trial? Like I said, really half a game here.

And seriously: Events that force you to create new characters to have to play them? REALLY? REALLY?
        Devs are always making improvements to the game via adding content, optimizing game play, etc...
        The term PVP has been brought up a couple dozen times in the forums, we believe this will be something to come.

When it comes to spending gems... One does not NEED to spend gems to play the game. Spending gems helps one be competitive and to speed up progress or farming. Once a players has a good understanding on the game and has their core set (or sets) of gear, there is not much need to spend gems. Bank them for upcoming events.

The only event that requires you to create a new character is ANB (A New Beginning). I'll repeat that: A NEW Beginning. Emphasis on the word new...
        Events like ANB are optional - One does not need to participate if they do not wish.

I have been playing for about a year. There has been a ton of improvements to this title. I feel privileged to be apart of it and see it first hand.

Comment

Notarobot, I am not a hard core gamer, but I am sure that there are lots of other games out there that already do the things that you are looking for. I like Eternium because the challenge grows with each trial level, and my success in the game depends on gradually building my heroes abilities and gear options. It is really more of a mental challenge than just a mindless push button finger speed game. I would hate to see Eternium turn into another head-to-head game where no one is willing to share their secrets for fear of losing their competitive edge or where experienced players get their jollies by destroying newbies who lack their skill or equipment levels.

Since I started playing a couple of years ago, the game has added a new story map with two very challenging bosses, a brand new crafting system, a wildly new ANB format, and a beta with loads of new options on the way. For me, what sets this game apart though is the online community that supports new players and experienced players alike. I can remember as a new player getting stuck on trial 7 and thinking about giving up until I found people in this online community who were willing to take the time to help me out. Thanks to other players feedback and advice, I have learned to play the game well. In my first ANB I didn't get past trial 20, but during the last ANB I broke into the top 100 warrior leaderboard. For me, that is progress that I can live with.

Comment

Notarobot, a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by hades0505 View Post
              Notarobot, a troll.
              Are you looking in the mirror or just being a troll.....
              He has sound comments and advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Ol-Pop View Post

Are you looking in the mirror or just being a troll.....
                He has sound comments and advice!
                Nope, it's a rant, pointing out stuff that has been widely referred to both in the forums and discord (lack of multiplayer, gambling side from reforge) and, best of the best, criticising something (ANB kind of events) that's almost the rule in aRPG nowadays.

My takeaway is "You lazy mofos, redo the whole game and add multiplayer", so yeah, a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogann View Post
                  The game was getting a little dull after four and a half months of playing. The update we got has rejuvenated some excitement back. It's a good update.
                  however, I'm on the same boat that it still feels like half the game is missing. The game needs multiplayer. Part of me thinks it's hard to think that it's not here yet after what.....4 years since launch ?.
                  Exactly... 4 years... and this is where the game is??? wow, just wow

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
                    Notarobot, I am not a hard core gamer, but I am sure that there are lots of other games out there that already do the things that you are looking for. I like Eternium because the challenge grows with each trial level, and my success in the game depends on gradually building my heroes abilities and gear options. It is really more of a mental challenge than just a mindless push button finger speed game. I would hate to see Eternium turn into another head-to-head game where no one is willing to share their secrets for fear of losing their competitive edge or where experienced players get their jollies by destroying newbies who lack their skill or equipment levels.

Since I started playing a couple of years ago, the game has added a new story map with two very challenging bosses, a brand new crafting system, a wildly new ANB format, and a beta with loads of new options on the way. For me, what sets this game apart though is the online community that supports new players and experienced players alike. I can remember as a new player getting stuck on trial 7 and thinking about giving up until I found people in this online community who were willing to take the time to help me out. Thanks to other players feedback and advice, I have learned to play the game well. In my first ANB I didn't get past trial 20, but during the last ANB I broke into the top 100 warrior leaderboard. For me, that is progress that I can live with.
                    I wish I could agree with that, but having to play the same levels over hundreds of times isn't a mental challenge. The devs have collected lots of money from us and delivered not a lot of content. We're so hungry for content, we're high fiving major tweaks to the core mechanics???? And the latest world edition was in beta how long? Just to deliver a few more levels? Like I said, as someone who developed games, there should by now be dozens, if not hundreds of worlds/alternative adventures... and yes, I've paid into the game, having repeatedly bought and bought to support the game.

Comment

So, find another game that suits you better

Please, don't slam the door on your way out

Comment

Originally posted by yaddab View Post

So, find another game that suits you better

Please, don't slam the door on your way out
                        so apparently if I dont like the state of the game I should leave and not let the door hit me? Geez, seems like those of us playing the game should be able to have a voice. My voice (opinion) is the devs are making a lot of money off paying players like me and it's way past time for them to give us some real content. And NO, World IV wasn't much of anything really and how many months did they make us wait for a few extra levels?
                        Last edited by notarobot; 04-22-2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

so apparently if I dont like the state of the game I should leave and not let the door hit me? Geez, seems like those of us playing the game should be able to have a voice. My voice (opinion) is the devs are making a lot of money off paying players like me and it's way past time for them to give us some real content. And NO, World IV wasn't much of anything really and how many months did they make us wait for a few extra levels?
                          Do you know there is a huge difference between suggesting improvements and providing feedback to to a game, than trying to change a game into something you want it to be ..you say you are a game coder .. go code a new game. Devs here are doing a great job atm ... FFS you want a multi player game .. go find one or code your own ,not replying to you again ... you have no constructive suggestions except "I want Guilds", I want Multiplayer", "I Want", "I Want", "I Want", go make you own game, or try to improve this one ... stop crying

/wave

Comment

Originally posted by yaddab View Post

Do you know there is a huge difference between suggesting improvements and providing feedback to to a game, than trying to change a game into something you want it to be ..you say you are a game coder .. go code a new game. Devs here are doing a great job atm ... FFS you want a multi player game .. go find one or code your own ,not replying to you again ... you have no constructive suggestions except "I want Guilds", I want Multiplayer", "I Want", "I Want", "I Want", go make you own game, or try to improve this one ... stop crying

/wave

No, they really are NOT doing a great job of anything... A major update consisting of game mechanic tweaks? PLEASE... A major update waited for for many months, inclusive of much talked about beta testing, to deliver a RELATIVELY FEW levels. PLEASE... I can categorcally say that is not a case of devs going a great job of anything.

Comment

AND also how much dollars have you put into the game? I've put in quite a lot. If devs dont want to hear from paying players the entirety of the game should be free and there should be no asking for money whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                              X