Daily Quests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Quests

Please add more dailies. The current rotation is too boring IMO. Easy, yes, but highly boring. Being basically stuck in Act I running Marcus's Village and Siege of Anderhelm over and over and over has gotten far too boring.

Here are some suggestions:
    New quests for killing each boss (e.g., Defeat Magroth, Defeat Kara)
    New mob quests from each of the acts (e.g., Kill 50 Levans, which is in Act 2, Kill 50 Ursocs, which is in Act 4)
    Defeat a Trial

That's 9 more potential dailies in the rotation. Sure, this will lower the chances of getting duplicates across your characters, and will cause you to run more story levels, but I think breaking the monotony is a good trade-off. Also, the other part of this is that you can't offer certain quests unless characters are high enough to do said tasks, which is likely the reason you haven't targeted anything but Act 1, but simply opening up the quest pool as characters either complete, or should be able to complete said targeted Act, I don't really see a problem with this.

The problem with adding new dailies is that a fresh hero could get them as his first quest and getting "Kill Kara" while in Act 2 is the equivalent of getting no quest at all if you are a causual beginner. Unless you already looked up the later content in the forums you would spend some time looking for this "Kara" mob and get frustrated.
    The way to avoid this would be by checking the pool of possible dailies against the already finished maps but that would be extra programming work that could potentially introduce more bugs.
    Alternatively you could just add the newer mobs to the gauntlet spawn-table and indicate to new players, that you can finish all you quests by running the gauntlet (including "Kill x Bosses" from Warsupplies event as the big summoners count as bosses) but that wouldn't change anythink about how dailies are done.
    Last edited by BalthasarHohenheim; 04-24-2019, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greatpumpkinator View Post
      Please add more dailies. The current rotation is too boring IMO. Easy, yes, but highly boring. Being basically stuck in Act I running Marcus's Village and Siege of Anderhelm over and over and over has gotten far too boring.

Here are some suggestions:
      New quests for killing each boss (e.g., Defeat Magroth, Defeat Kara)
      New mob quests from each of the acts (e.g., Kill 50 Levans, which is in Act 2, Kill 50 Ursocs, which is in Act 4)
      Defeat a Trial

That's 9 more potential dailies in the rotation. Sure, this will lower the chances of getting duplicates across your characters, and will cause you to run more story levels, but I think breaking the monotony is a good trade-off. Also, the other part of this is that you can't offer certain quests unless characters are high enough to do said tasks, which is likely the reason you haven't targeted anything but Act 1, but simply opening up the quest pool as characters either complete, or should be able to complete said targeted Act, I don't really see a problem with this.
      Wow I couldn’t agree more!
      I am real tired of dreading the starting point for Marcus’s village which is usually where the biggest mass of toads are causing me to have to run it like 4-5 times....

Comment

Merlok Toads are your friends... :-) My biggest issue with having to run Marcus's Village many times is the dialog banners which constantly obscure the screen. How many times do we need to that we can find Marcus here, when we have already gone through this story 5 times for each level?!? :-)

Comment

"Kill any Boss" (Gorgona included here) and "Kill 15 summoners" would be nice alternatives, plus they are easily accessible even for beginner heroes.

Comment

Working...
          X