Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update to 1.4.7 are you really trying to annoy us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to 1.4.7 are you really trying to annoy us?

OK update, well that's cool and nice to see continued development. Why are my level 60+ characters running around with level 1 abilities? Oh that's right you have removed large numbers of abilities that I had taken the time and gold to get to level 10 and replaced them with level 1 abilities so all that time and gold has been wiped out. Was there no way to script the replacement to match the level of the ability being replaced?

Also the crafting system seems like it has been set up to make you need to make purchases is this a pay to win game now, Recipes cost a lot and as a casual gamer I just can't afford it. One of the best things about this game was that you didn't have to pay to get on in it, it's the reason I recommended it to my friends but that seems to be changing

Comment

Originally posted by Blaydon View Post
      OK update, well that's cool and nice to see continued development. Why are my level 60+ characters running around with level 1 abilities? Oh that's right you have removed large numbers of abilities that I had taken the time and gold to get to level 10 and replaced them with level 1 abilities so all that time and gold has been wiped out. Was there no way to script the replacement to match the level of the ability being replaced?

Also the crafting system seems like it has been set up to make you need to make purchases is this a pay to win game now, Recipes cost a lot and as a casual gamer I just can't afford it. One of the best things about this game was that you didn't have to pay to get on in it, it's the reason I recommended it to my friends but that seems to be changing
      I have been waiting 4 weeks for someone to say this. Honestly I loved the fact that the community accepted as a whole the major update to the whole game, without one single winge about having to redo a handful of abilities. It was great, an appreciation to the devs that there is always going to be a little cost to a major revamp. The improvements are massive the costs are little.

Take some time to explore the new sets and abilities .. who knows you may like what you see

It is what it is ..but you are entitled to your opinion, I don't have to agree /shrug
      Last edited by yaddab; 05-06-2019, 05:13 PM. Reason: accepted not excepted .. :)

Comment

The crafting system, when originally provided, required the purchase of over 70 recipes to ensure that you had them all. These cost either Gold or Gems. (Based on your Join Date, you must have already experienced this.) I used only Gold and Time to purchase them all, only taking the "Free Refresh" and the recipe offered for Gold. No purchases were needed.

WRT the level 1 abilities, you are not forced to use any of the abilities, that is a choice. It is really no different than if you had socketed and enhanced a level 40 weapon and then desired to replace it with a level 60 weapon. (It just takes a small amount of gold for each level and time (rather than gems) to increase your ability level.)

I am sure that there was a way to program the shift to new abilities and minimize your specific loss, but, instead the Development time was spent to provide other enhancements.

Hopefully your friends and you will continue to enjoy all the programming efforts needed to create this free game.

Comment

Oh that's right you have removed large numbers of abilities
          I didn't know that.

Recipes cost a lot and as a casual gamer I just can't afford it
          You don't have time upgrading your new skills but have enough ingredients including Mark of Titan and Greater Essence so that your main concern is the price of recipes?

Just joking Well the update is rebalance and it changes the whole system a lot, so yeah, new skills which might be more useful than some old ones come up and we need to upgrade them from level 1 to 10. If you want to make unique items you can farm TL80+. Watching ads will get you some gems, bosses will get you some legendary items. If you're lucky enough you'll get some decent gears and weapons without crafting. Don't forget you can always pay golds to learn the first recipe, and the options refresh every three hours(or two hours? can't remember clearly)

However I agree with you about the PTW part, I have the same feeling during the latest ANBs.
          Last edited by AimEoN; 05-06-2019, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AimEoN View Post

You don't have time upgrading your new skills but have enough ingredients including Mark of Titan and Greater Essence so that your main concern is the price of recipes?
            Ultimately, it is ALL about balancing the way you want to use your time. If you want to gain an enchantment or set item quickly, then purchasing a refresh and recipe for gems is possibly the best way for you. If you are willing to use the time, then letting the 3-hour free refresh take place is the way to go. This also works with leveling abilities. (I only use gems to get to level 5 and then let time complete the remainder.)

Since you are a "casual" player, remember, the timers keep running even if you are logged off of Eternium, so you can use that to your advantage: Log on every 3 hours to get a free refresh. Keep track of the Ability time countdown to know when to start a new level brewing in the background. (Even level 1 abilities are a benefit...)

Comment

Amen Blaydon, and the rest of you brown nosing captain obvious fanbois can kiss off. This last update was lame and the devs know it, not giving honest feedback is a disservice to everyone.

Who’s the brainiac that thought it would be a good idea to force players to wait 10 seconds and hold still for that time to cast a portal? Talk about stupid and annoying and doing nothing for gameplay. You actually paid someone for that? I’ve held off on the forum until now because I didn’t need help and the brown nosing raving fanbois make me vomit in my mouth.

If you devs are serious about improving the game and your bank accounts, loose the raving fanbois and solicit some honest/real feedback.

Current crafting/blacksmith sucks royally and I would honestly be surprised if anyone is using the blacksmith. Come on, if it’s lame it isn’t fun, and current crafting is severely lame, tedious, boring, worthless. And salvaging really sucks too, especially when you start trying to get greater essences to build anything worth having. It’s seriously out of balance and lame as a result.

Grinding should be be a little tedious, but should also pay off with ad revenue. I would love to see stats mean more and reflected in gameplay and be a real part of strategy. Blizzards Diablo would be a good model to strive for.

You should be be focused on making gameplay better, making strategy more relevant, making things make sense, dangle carrots with special items and gear. Make it fun, keep trying to make it more fun. Did I mention you should try to make it fun...

you can can also try to get someone to fix the annoying graphics on most of your trial levels. Snow and desert are fine, the cave is full of **** shaped stalagmites and walls that block game play. The forest is a visual mess and really annoying, change the colour palate to get better contrast and less of the camouflage everything aspect.

Again, loose your rabid fanbois, they are a curse on any constructive feedback you could hope for. You cant get better if the people you surround yourself with constantly lie to you and tell you only stuff they think you want to hear. They are holding you back.

Comment

Considering how cheap and easy abilities are to level chill. A week of logging in once a day done.
                Recipes recipes just log into each character do the daily (you can accept on each then run couple levels with ine character)
                That's a recipe every two to three days.
                There's only so many recipes.
                Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
                Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
                see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
                and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
                It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

lol Tim Tation you make me laugh!!! i still remember when i had my first beer too, lol... idk about some people enjoying the game there playing, while choosing to support a small development staff, being what you call fanbois. also, compairing blizzard studios to the 4-5 man development team called dream primer, who makes this game is laughable as well... sounds to me like you just have a bad attitude, and you need to find yourself a new game to play. if you are not enjoying the time you invest into what you are doing for entertainment, than you are wasting it.. life is all about perspective, you can create whatever reality you want inside your universe, that is your power. you may even effect other universes around you, but ultimately, that does not make the reality you create true. i would be careful to assume anything about other peoples, and what they are doing with there time. instead focus on yourself and your time, u only get so much of it after all ... and btw, there are many here, who do not feel as you do :shrug:
                  TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
                  Makina "The Corpse Princess" - stalker bh
                  Sabre - dw warrior
                  Shadowiiix - arcanist mage

Comment

Working...
                  X