Sword and Shield set for Mage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sword and Shield set for Mage

I really thought that a sword and shield is way better for a mage using Arcanist.

I'll call it Spell Gladiator Assault:

Shield bonus: Damage increase by 30% and incoming damaged reduced by 15% everytime you take damage while mage armor is active. Stacks 5 up to 5 times.

Sword bonus: Everytime a damage is deflected, there is a chance to increase damage by 40%. Cannot occur more than once in 30 seconds.

Set bonus: Paradox effect is extended by 1 second and absorb shield created increased efficiency by 100%. (damage is now 200% converted as shield)

I've been testing Arcanist and it has high potential but dying very often especially on mobile really spoils the fun of using it (this becomes a pain as you climb higher trials). The forbidden knowledge set doesn't seem to complement Arcanist unlike GMC to Regalia.

Edit1: After doing some further testing, I made some revisions on above shield and set bonus.

Also, there are very limited skills that can be used for Arcanist and it doesn't add up. For example, while Paradox is active you need to be hit but using Singularity pushes the mobs away and using TW slows their attack. This results to a weak shield created and won't last a couple of seconds when damaged is received. You go bye bye to 20% bonus damage.

Same goes with blink. Well you can time Paradox, absorb damage and create shield, cast singularity (caused you don't want anymore damage after 2 seconds) then blink and make AB rain. But this doesn't increase survivability and is quite difficult to do especially for us mobile players. It requires a lot of placing and timing. And you can actually clear mobs on higher trial only when the 6set is active due to limited anti mob skill compared with ELR and GMC set up (with north wind to top it more)

So yeah, I really like the idea of deflect, Arcanist set and how the implied play style (based on FKS bonus) on being stonger while getting hit and deflect that damage kind of thing but it really needs readjustment.
    Last edited by Altheo 42; 06-05-2019, 03:42 AM.
    Retired Mobile Player

I have an encrypted shield that is pretty good I'll try trial 128 with that and deidres resolve. I'll let you know if it performs better.
    Mobile only Android Note 10 plus

Comment

Well an encrypted shield doesn't help lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cmptrwhz View Post
        Well an encrypted shield doesn't help lol
        Yep tested it too. It doesn't help. Arcanist needs additional fire power. Skills doesn't seem to match it. Again, the idea is great but a lot of things doesn't add up.
        Retired Mobile Player

Comment

If there was a sword/shield weapon set that could offer a balanced option to replace the need for a tome I'd give it a shot

Comment

Working...
          X