Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make Direct Damage competitive and fun (warrior)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make Direct Damage competitive and fun (warrior)

Direct damage is far behind bleed as far as DW is concerned. Per Trouble TG data, Jugg6 bleed is ~40-50% behind WL6 bleed.

Here is my attempt to address both situations in a fun/exciting way.

Juggernaut Set
    2: same
    4: The damage of Whirlwind and Frenzy is increased by 30%
    6: Become Juggernaut for 7 secs when casting BR or WW. Duration is increased by 7 secs, capped at 10 secs if casted again.

So what is Juggernaut? He who can not, will not stop for anyone, anything once in motion (see Marvel comics for more details)
    By the power of Cyttorak, (copy right issues aside and translated into Eternium game data), Juggernaut is immune to knockback, slow effects, extreme durability (30% DR), massive healing factor (see 1 for details), and superhuman strength (see 2 for details).

1. I can see this going one of two ways. A thematically fun and unique way would be a 10x boost to Life Regeneration. This has the benefit of making a throwaway stat interesting and possibly open up a stack LR Jugg build. It's also more fitting as a Juggernaut has everything it needs within the massive body. LR max stat is 217. If one stacks it everywhere outside of jewelry, that's 9 slots plus 1000 CP = 2953. So 10x that = 29530 LR per sec. A good amount but by no means OP. In fact I would argue the boost might need to be 15x for it to approach what LoH with similar stat investment will yield.

Or go with the life steal route, 2x boost to LoH for the duration. DW attacks fast, LoH is enhanced by high AS, it's a match made in heaven until shockwave made it look puny by comparison. But Jugg direct damage shouldn't be bothered with shockwave. That's for the bleeders out there. Hence why I suggest the jugg4 bonus remove shockwave and add frenzy instead. Jugg won't be able to compete with WL for bleed, might as well be good at something else.

2. Devastating Critical can reduce a target HP to 30%. Wait a minute what is devastating critical? Keep reading.

To pair with this Juggernaut, here are two UNIQUE weapons (not sets so other ppl can mix and match without feeling they are missing out)

Unique AXE
    Name: Devastator
    Special: A chance to trigger a Devastating Critical during the skill devastate. Can not happen more than once per 5 seconds. DC takes 10% of target's remaining HP, can not reduce target HP below 50%

So a critical hit during devastate's 13 hits can be a DEVASTATING CRITICAL (30% chance is fine). When the target is at full health, one hit knocks off 10% of its hp. This is huge during boss. Subsequent DC will do less damage, 7% for a target at 70% HP for example.

Direct damage is behind bleed because there is no situation where one can crit in the range of billions like bleed can do. This (static field from diablo 2 for the old timers) partially addresses this issue. The 50% HP is to prevenet WL6 players grab this axe and kill everything in sight. WL will have a slow time going from 50% to 35% (when their own awesome 100% dps buff comes online).

Unique AXE
    Name: Onslaught
    Special: Critical hit during WW increases CD by 100% for 5 secs, max stacksize 10.

This is what's called Overwhelming Critical. Critical hits during WW makes for an escalating CD buff topped out at a massive 1000%. Well 1000% isn't quite as large as one thinks. Most ppl run 1300+%CD normally. so this is about a 75% buff to CD at max stack. But CD improves everything, normal attacks, devastate, bare fists and drink straws! Its universal applicability makes it good.

This could be a beautiful matching axe for WL due to the WL4 ww proc. So WL can get the benefit without having to take WW to battle.

Just because you are the Juggernaut, it doesn't mean you have to go with the dual wield tribal savage style. You are the mystical immortal warrior for Cyttorak. So here is a shield for those discerning few.

Unique Shield
    Name: Crimson Dawn
    Special: A chance to trigger a Devastating Critical from throwing the Crimson Dawn (deadly throw). Can not happen more than once per 5 seconds. DC takes 10% of target's remaining HP, can not reduce target HP below 50%.

For those SW that has grown tired of the situational shield slam. I give you Crimson Dawn, the herald and harbinger of the age of Cyttorak. Your shield slam is weak but who cares when your deadly throws channels the powers of Cyttorak and DC your foes to smithereens.

GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Very interesting suggestions! This is actually something I would love to try out. There is a deliberate effort to make the archetype stand out from being a current clone of the standard WL build.

+1 also for drawing inspiration from Marvel's Juggernaut.
    MADI QUWA GOYA 7388
    Warrior - Mobile

Comment

Originally posted by NeoSamurai View Post
      Very interesting suggestions! This is actually something I would love to try out. There is a deliberate effort to make the archetype stand out from being a current clone of the standard WL build.

+1 also for drawing inspiration from Marvel's Juggernaut.
      That's what I'm trying to do. Make it play differently from the cookie cutter. When the build features can tie into each other and mimic some well known archetype, that's just the cherry on the top. The way I'm thinking about this, Jugg is a sturdier DW compared to WL. Defenders SW obviously would be the sturdiest on paper. But now you have a spectrum to choose from. Since Jugg sits in the middle, it can go both DW and SW to suite the player's taste. I'm trying my best to make WW work at the peak trial for a rather selfish reason.

I'm a mobile only player and WW is mobile friendly due to the sucking mechanic (it makes precise movement less important) and the inherent DR. But currently meta just doesn't have a place for WW in either DW or SW at peak trial. It's a crying shame. Mobile friendly means proc and buff based. DC is proc and OC is buff.

Thanks for the encouragement.
      GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Working...
      X