Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANB needs to be fixed. Click here to find out how.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primus
    replied
    Absolutely agree with every point.

Leave a comment:

• duckel
    started a topic ANB needs to be fixed. Click here to find out how.

ANB needs to be fixed. Click here to find out how.

I want to state some problems with the current ANB design. By now everyone should have realized how you gotta spend lots of gems to even reach TL100, let alone to compete for the top spots. This is especially true for mobile players and those that are not super efficient with leveling.
    I want to emphasize which gem costs, design choices and disadvantages appear under the current system.

New players are hindered big times by even participating in higher TLs due to the enormous gems costs for skill upgrade slots. 400+900 gems is a lot for a fresh player. Of course, you may think that there are books and everything is fine. But in reality you can only find a reasonable amount of 3h books from TL80+. Without the 2nd research slot, you won't even reach TL 80, unless you substitute the slot by directly paying gems for the ability upgrades.

Finding XP gear early on is too limited, especially in story mode. Note, that this is the route that beginners with few gems naturally take, to get the minions. I had exactly 1 XP gear drop from 1-60 in story mode within like 100 drops. This is unacceptable. I had however streaks of 5+ life regen drops...To substitute xp drops, you gotta spend gems on crafting crates. A nono for beginners (remember research slots).

So that leads us to the next problem:
    Stat distribution. Every friggin piece got life regen, block, dodge, gold, and whatnot. Sure you can craft for a piece without crap stats. thats what the big spenders can do if you need 4*70 greater essences for a legendary set piece. or you can reforge (if you have lots of gems). but that is again limited to one slot, where I most of the time find stuff with 2 useless stats. This also leads to a shortage of fire essences and oversupply of water essences.

Now comes the big thing. 75% of the top100 are cheaters that exploit certain game mechanics to gain set gear, sockets, crafting material, gems, save time. These occupy the LB since Bronze #1. Developers havent banned players clearly exploiting bugs and mechanics. At the same time the stupid legit people dump their coins to compete fornthe medals.

To adress all these issues, the following actions need to be taken to make ANB a reasonable competition:

Decrease research slot costs to around 50+200 gems.
    Establish essences parity.
    Increase XP drop ratio in story mode.
    Decrease distriburion of life regen, block, dodge stats significantly (95%).
    Decrease extra gold stat distribution a little (like 60%).
    Remove master crafter crates from ANB.
    Maxbe even limit maximum of gems you are able to spend during an event.
    Ban exploiters and past exploiters, plus fix exploits.
    Actively identify and stop people from botting gems and materials.
    Increase communication with the community.

These are just a few things that need to be adressed and i am sure there are a few more needed to bring the event to a fair ground.
    Last edited by duckel; 06-12-2019, 01:33 PM.
Working...
X