Skills with charges should not subject to GCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skills with charges should not subject to GCD

GCD was introduced to bridge the gap between PC and mobile. However the implementation seems to create unregistered gestures. This isn't as big of a deal for most skills, but shockwave is an exception. Before GCD, if I had two charges of shockwave, I can pop them off without any issue on mobile. But since GCD, even if I have two charges, I just can't, can't get them off one after another. Even with the abilities queue on. It doesn't matter. I'd literally need to make the gesture 3-4-5 times in a row in order to pop both shockwaves. This makes the mobile experience very difficult not to mention tiring. I know certain skills aren't subjected to GCD like smoke screen for BH. Can we do the same for shockwave? Better yet, do the same for all skills that have charges. Since previously I had argued that for skills with charges, the gap between PC and mobile isn't as large. We mobile players appreciate the thought behind GCD. But not at a cost of degraded mobile experience. Thanks.
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

I remember when GCD came out. I keep dying every 3 seconds, I'm like "what is wrong with this game?!?!?!"

well anyway,
    GCD removal should be more class-skill specific, not just the one with charges.
    Mage would be too OP if Blink has no GCD. especially Arcanist.

Skills that I think that dont need GCD
    Shockwave
    Charge, c'mon the skill only deal 300% weapon damage.
    Leap, like it matters.
    Multishot
    Snipe maybe?

Comment

I can confirm to a lesser degree.
      Around 50% of the time I have to draw another shockwave-gesture to get a consecutive one.

/Just reassured in the TG where you can draw calm and precise.
      Last edited by Cyraph; 06-26-2019, 06:56 AM.
      Action-RPG-History: Diablo, Diablo2, Diablo3 ... Eternium

Silver2: #33 Mage (Nancy) TL129
      Gold2: #20 Mage (Nancy) TL131
      Bronze3: #1 BH (Nancy) TL143
      Season1: #7 Warrior (Dekay) TL153

Comment

+1000

Comment

My Arthritis would sincerely appreciate not having to send "^", "V", and ">" rapidly in succession, many times, with the hope that one will actuate. I have died more frequently since GCD, but now have CRATES of apples and many, many six-packs of potions which are mostly worthless.

Comment

The unregistered gestures become a bigger issue the higher TL one attempts. As the hectic battlefield requires attention on many other details. Failed gestures just adds to the frustration and failed attempts. Perhaps making all skills with charges not subject to GCD is too much. However certain ones really do need to be taken off the GCD list for mobile sanity. Thanks!
            GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Shockwave specially. I like casting it right before devastate finishes and even on PC it gets glitchy AF

Comment

I've been having the same problem and recommend the same solution with Mage Blink. It's like so impossible to use now with the GCD. I love GCD but for abilities with charges like that, or mobility abilities, it doesn't make sense at all. It's gotten to the point where if I want to Blink somewhere I can literally just walk there faster than it takes to wait for the GCD to Blink... And I mean it takes waiting for 2 entire spell cycles just to Blink... I feel like this is a huge nerf to casting ability as well. I'd rather just have Blink nerfed somehow and have it taken off GCD. Thanks!
                Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
                Teran - CL2000

Comment

Working...
                X