attack indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attack indicators

Boss mechanics tend to be focused on giving advance notice that the boss is going to do something special, and then you have to react. But this requires the player to see the notice. Many utilities create graphical effects which obscure arrows on the ground, and Kara's missles appear over her head, which, depending on her position, can be off-screen. So we could those be paired with a color change to the boss itself or something to make it easier to see, regardless of the boss' position or intervening effects?

One of the ones that used to get me all the time was Magroth's bombs from the sky, since the red patch on the ground can be impossible to notice when I'm spellcasting. I ended up just running away a bit whenever he makes any casting motion, even if it's 'breaking free' - and now I don't die from them anymore. Kara has a subtle casting animation as well, but I will admit it can be hard to pick up on if the missiles are off screen. Overall, I think the boss fights are difficult but fair once you get the hang of them, and making the actions more prominent would take a lit bit of the fun and challenge away from the fights. However, if they released a new patch making boss actions slightly more noticeable I would probably be happy with it
    Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
    Teran - CL2000

Comment

My issue is that it creates a compitetive advantage. Builds that have fewer graphical flourishes make it easier to see the indicators and so have an advantage. Better systems that can zoom out really far don't cut off Kara and so have an advantage. That's not good.

Comment

Working...
      X