Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CL capped at 2500 and Exp gain cap lifted from T100.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL capped at 2500 and Exp gain cap lifted from T100.

Suggestion here is to limit the max CL possible to some level, say 2500. Along with it, I would suggest the trial experience gain be lifted from T100 and allow higher trials to give more experience to enable faster progression to the max CL.

Benefits:
    • It will be a big motivation to everyone to grind CL, and more importantly anyone can hope to reach the max levels. Any new player can hope to be as strong as then highest level player within reasonable timeframe and efforts. Having positive impact on playerbase.
    • This will help increase the playerbase as more players remain and more players join in when they all have a fair chance to hit the top levels with reasonable efforts and time.
    • Now that seasons have arrived, having such cap would allow any player, new or old, to compete for higher ranks. This will result in increased participation in events and seasons as a whole, as everyone pushes for max CL. In current form, most new players have no hope competing at highest established player, this can result in them being demotivated and/or not allow them to become as invested in game.
    • Now that gaining best gears have become so grind oriented, removing extreme grind for CL can mean more positive grind level in game, encouraging players not to get too intimidated or frustrated from grind.
    • Botting will be discouraged, as CL farming is a big reason to bot. The best way to deal with bot menace is to take away as much initiative for it as possible. Right now cheating is a raging topic, this suggestion if implemented helps to bring down the levels of cheating drastically, by rendering one of the most important reason to bot ineffective.
    • Reduce mobile and PC gap, in current form PC players generally have higher CLs due to faster farm rate. Having a cap will allow mobile players to catch up in terms of CL. Lifting the T100 exp gain cap will allow for faster catch up and even cut down the rate of CL farming gap, taking into account differences in player level of course. All this reduces the gap between mobile and PC by having much more equitable distribution of firepower.
    • Having a end target is a big motivation for any human being. Just having a end CL in the game will prolong the play time in this game as people aim to achieve the golden level of say 2500. Moreover achievement of targets is a big satisfier, something for everyone to look forward to and making those who have gained it to stay in the game longer. We all know everything we do in life is ultimately about satisfaction, and this suggestion if implemented provides that in bulk.
    • Lifting the T100 exp gain cap will also encourage people to push higher trial levels more than now, increasing the challenge for reward of bigger CL gains and faster achievement of max CL.
    There can be more benefits to this which are not registering in my mind right now.

Lifting the exp gain from T100 is a crucial combination with max CL cap, as it makes grind less cumbersome and generating many benefits staying above. There are of course many other benefits to this as well.

I would also like to mention that devs just by implementing this will earn back a lot of faith from players frustrated with botters. Right now people with highest CLs have earned it with dubious means and this allows them to dominate the LB and eliminate the chances of corresponding to corrospdoning legit players to compete.

​​​​​​Bonus suggestion: maybe add some really powerful effect when reaching max CL to make a push for it more attractive. Say reaching CL 2500 allows a mage to cast some passive ability once a while. I leave that to your imagination, if at all you think it's beneficial. This idea came to me while watching a certain show, where reaching max level allowed character to use powerful 'super abilities'. Thought this would fit nicely as bonus suggestion, as it would be a big reason to grind to max CL and provide greater satisfaction to reach there, all the while the T100 exp gain cap removal makes it less bothersome grind.

PS: feel free to provide any opinion on this.

I think (at least for me) one of the most unenjoyable parts of the game is the repetition. The grind takes that repetition to a whole new level of mind numbing boredom. The experience of playing trial 120 as a CL 2000 player is the same as playing trial 90 as a CL 100 player. (More or less... you get the idea) The only thing that changes is the number. It’s the same bosses. The same 4 sceneries and more or less the same maps cycled through over and over. I would like to see as an incentive for achieving higher levels, a change in the bosses, monsters and/or environment. Something that can’t be found on previous levels. Make the trials more of a journey that pertains to the story with weapons, abilities, enemies and/or treasure that can only be found there. Perhaps something like a maze that has puzzles to be solved growing in complexity and difficulty with higher levels. And what happened to quests? What’s the point of our guy in hometown? As a player, I need more thinking and problem solving in this game and less button mashing. It’s the button mashing that gives the PC players such an edge over mobile. Make the game more intelligent and complex and you’ll have less bots auto playing and farming.

I also think that at this time a CL cap is a good idea. I would go one step further and put a cap on the amount of gold and gems that can be farmed in a set period of time. Day? Week? And a maximum amount that can be stored in inventory. We’ve seen a player with 900 MILLION in gold. I’m 99% sure that they didn’t actually spend $10,000 to get that amount. Those kind of numbers are almost definitely the result of exploiting or hacking.

This probably isn’t going to be a popular suggestion, but for ANB events it might be interesting to see what happens if you put a flat fee on entry, say, $4.99 to participate so the devs still make money, then completely eliminate all purchases in the event itself. All gear, gold, gems must be acquired through gameplay. No offline play allowed and no ad boxes. Crafting? I don’t know. The limiting factor is the recipes that are needed. Previously acquired medals should also be eliminated during ANB events. ANB should be exactly that; A NEW beginning. Everyone starting at the same level with the same limited resources armed only with your individual skill.
    Last edited by Anjaeka; 07-20-2019, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Knowing that currently I won't be able to compete with the top players, with high amount of CLs, killed my motivation to farm CLs. As you gain more CLs, they do too, and you won't be able to get to the point they're at.

Putting a cap on CLs will motivate me to want to farm CL again. Also, I think it would do good if the cap was raised by say 500, every year, once it is capped. If CL was capped and never raised, you won't be able to go past a certain trial, and that would kill interest in the game.
      Last edited by Reymon; 07-20-2019, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reymon View Post
        Knowing that currently I won't be able to compete with the top players, with high amount of CLs, killed my motivation to farm CLs. As you gain more CLs, they do too, and you won't be able to get to the point they're at.

Putting a cap on CLs will motivate me to want to farm CL again. Also, I think it would do good if the cap was raised by say 500, every year, once it is capped. If CL was capped and never raised, you won't be able to go past a certain trial, and that would kill interest in the game.
        CL gain reduces to almost nil as you hit CL2300. You have to be either a bot or insane to reach 2500

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post

CL gain reduces to almost nil as you hit CL2300. You have to be either a bot or insane to reach 2500
          That is why I suggested a parallel lifting of experience gain cap from Trial 100, it is a necessary complement. It will help speed up the rate of CL gain by farming higher trials. The new level 75 gears are a big help as well. Ofc a tweaking of experience curve is also fine, as it happened in past when reaching 1800 was a big challenge and post 1800 was extremely dull.

Again back then the changes to curve made many vets like Led quit the game as their hard earned CLs were now essentially devalued. But right now most (if not all) people above 2250 are botters and have gained CLs through unfair means. So a tweak to curve now won't have same negative impact as in past, if at all it is necessary after exp gain cap lift.

Comment

Lifting the TL100 EXP cap is definitely welcomed. Grinding on TL100 gives so little EXP. At my current CL (21xx), it takes me an hour to get 5 CL with 200% XP boosters. It just doesn't make sense to spend gems to get those boosters and grind like this.

As Anjaeka said, repetition is boring and the reason most people quit playing a certain game after a while.

Lots of interesting points made in this post. Hoping for more changes/interesting features to be implemented in this game.
            Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

Has left the game

Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
            Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctum View Post
              Lifting the TL100 EXP cap is definitely welcomed. Grinding on TL100 gives so little EXP. At my current CL (21xx), it takes me an hour to get 5 CL with 200% XP boosters. It just doesn't make sense to spend gems to get those boosters and grind like this.

As Anjaeka said, repetition is boring and the reason most people quit playing a certain game after a while.

Lots of interesting points made in this post. Hoping for more changes/interesting features to be implemented in this game.
              Indeed, having a max CL to target and combined with my bonus suggestion will be a good way to remedy this.

Comment

Yeah I agree, Primus. If there is a maximum, then I might be tempted to try and achieve that. Now it's just endless. It'll be good to have bonuses or more EXP to encourage players to level more.
                Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

Has left the game

Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
                Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

I think they way CL works now makes a lot of sense. Its fairly easy to get to 1800 or 1900 where you can compete on the boards and with top players, then you can still get advantage getting to around 2100, then the most dedicated players can still feel like they are gaining rewards by still playing past then. I wouldn't get discouraged by CL at all... You can get high on the boards with CL 1800 or 1900, you just need confidence!
                  Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
                  Teran - CL2000

Comment

Working...
                  X