(Drastically) increase view distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Drastically) increase view distance

Playing on a small mobile screen is difficult on it's own. Playing on a high trial against Garm or TBD when playing on a small mobile screen is really annoying. Often there's simply not enough room on the screen to tap where you want to move to. Garm i.e. is most of the time just half on the screen, not mentioning the his fields, which are often outside of the screen area. So please increase the view distance to at least 250%. If there are performance problems, people could just lower the graphic details.
    MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 126

Mobile only
    (Inactive / not playing atm - just had enough of DP's bullshit bug bingo)

I, too, find the max view distance at 150% insufficient, especially at the topside, where it gets yet more limited by the healthbars and buff icons. Horizontal view scales with screen width, but vertical is always stuck, no matter what. There's not enough space to comfortably fight a mob/boss from below.

Give players the option to move the slider up to 250-300% if they feel comfortable with their graphics performance.
    Last edited by MarkHark; 09-05-2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Interestingly, I never adjust the default parameter, myself. I find that I forget to readjust settings, so it is much better for me to play Eternium within its "standard" setup. Of course, there have been changes which make the screen less usable, like the new icons being displayed and the Map overlaying the Monster Life bar. I just use what is offered with the understanding and belief that the upcoming Unreal version will address many of our concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
        Interestingly, I never adjust the default parameter, myself. I find that I forget to readjust settings, so it is much better for me to play Eternium within its "standard" setup. Of course, there have been changes which make the screen less usable, like the new icons being displayed and the Map overlaying the Monster Life bar. I just use what is offered with the understanding and belief that the upcoming Unreal version will address many of our concerns.
        Is there a thread or some sort of site where we can read about what to expect with the unreal version?
        Arcanist mage: Fabi, TL 143 9:51
        Regalia mage: Wagstaffer , TL 142 9:26
        Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
        Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
          Of course, there have been changes which make the screen less usable, like the new icons being displayed and the Map overlaying the Monster Life bar.
          Thing is, that the space these relatively new icons take up on the screen is not that bad. The fact that these icons are actually touch-sensitive is what drives me crazy. How many times did it happen to me that I wanted to target Garm or Elban or whatever boss just to be confronted with the information, that the icon I accidentally tapped on is the icon that displays how much times my poison ammo has already stacked.

And, as a mobile player, setting the immersive mode on the game is not really an option - because it deactivates the display of the special abilities. And since it takes a lot longer to draw a symbol with your fingertips rather than just spamming the keys assigned to the abilities, you have to be pretty aware of the recast timers. Speaking of the display of the special abilities, this is just another thing that is completely beyond me. Why does the game tell me to draw the symbol rather than to tap on it? Well, outside of a tutorial level at least. Let me scream it to the devs: I! KNOW! THAT! I just want to be able to f*ing move to the place I tapped on, or to target the enemy right behind the icon.

Ugh. My blood pressure rises. :-)
          MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Mobile only

Comment

Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post

Is there a thread or some sort of site where we can read about what to expect with the unreal version?
            No set of Design Criteria has been released of which I am aware. The Unreal Engine is very powerful and the programmers should be able to produce what they want.
            View some of the games that have been produced on this platform: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...l_Engine_games

Comment

The problem with this is that you then give a HUGE advantage to people with better hardware. Going from 100 to 125 generally gets me a couple trials further, I can only imagine what going to 300 would do. So if you think the difference between PC and mobile is big now, see what the difference between 5 year old hardware and latest and greatest would be implementing this.

Comment

BAgate - the game could implement restrictions on where to allow the greater viewing distance, solely based upon the screen size at hand. There's already a noticable gap between old and new hardware, so this wouldn't be a new thing.
                MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Mobile only

Comment

Working...
                X