Adjusting ability’s visual effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting ability’s visual effects

I think it would be a huge benefit for the gamers if there was a way to lower ability effects visually and increase the enemy effects visually. This would help mobile players in a big way I feel, being that the screen mobile players currently play on are small to begin with and a good majority of the time our hands are hovering over our screens casting ability’s and taking away a huge amount of visibility as it is. A lot of the enemy ability’s are often covered up, or hard to see with player ability’s (especially elr mages)blending in with enemy ability’s. If we had an option to lower our spell effects and increase enemy’s this would probably solve a huge frustration especially for mages on mobile.

Another thing I would like to suggest is maybe having more daylight maps or clearer maps to play. While playing on mobile platforms, our visibility is already really limited. Mobile players are not only dealing with a small screen, but also hands constantly hovering over their phones drawing symbols for ability’s, and to make matters worse, they have ability’s that blend in or cover enemy’s ability’s.

thanks for your time

The biggest problem is fighting magaroth as a mage using immolate, you can't see when his raining fireballs are going to hit a lot of the times. I know he gives a visual cue but if he's frozen then unfrozen really quick, he won't animate.

For immolate, I'd like to see everyone affected catch fire instead of a big circle on the ground.
    Arcanist mage: Fabi, TL 143 9:51
    Regalia mage: Wagstaffer , TL 142 9:26
    Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
    Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post
      The biggest problem is fighting magaroth as a mage using immolate, you can't see when his raining fireballs are going to hit a lot of the times. I know he gives a visual cue but if he's frozen then unfrozen really quick, he won't animate.

For immolate, I'd like to see everyone affected catch fire instead of a big circle on the ground.
      Agree completely. I had been playing an Alchemist mage before the rebalancing. I deleted it in the last ANB for a shield warrior. The major reason was that I simply hated the visuals for immolate. It is too bright, and obscures both battle actions and drops (like ad boxes when you are farming gems). Not a fun ability to play at all. Far prefer the more discrete and quick effects of Havoc BH (even though difficult to achieve higher levels with it). I like your idea of just having the affected enemies catch fire instead of the blinding circle of flames.
      iOS Mobile player: iPad Pro, and iPhone XS Max

Comment

Originally posted by Darrex View Post
        Another thing I would like to suggest is maybe having more daylight maps or clearer maps to play.

thanks for your time
        +1 for this. I often farm TL 105 for XP rather than 100 because of the bright snow field. I usually abandon any level that is too dark (caves, dark forest, dark desert...exception I guess being caves for dragons, but I usually just try to skip them).
        iOS Mobile player: iPad Pro, and iPhone XS Max

Comment

I agree, it would be nice if there was an option to reduce the visual noise generated by your hero's abilities. At the very least, the visual effect of Immolate should be replaced with something less intense.
          BH: Shade
          Mage: Muse
          Warrior: Shade

For a list of guides I've created, click here.

Comment

This would help mobile players in a big way I feel, being that the screen mobile players currently play on are small to begin with and a good majority of the time our hands are hovering over our screens casting ability’s and taking away a huge amount of visibility as it is.
            True with small screens like phones. There are, however, many mobile players who use a tablet for Eternium. Same limitations as phones, but a larger display and gesture area.

Comment

I think it would be a huge benefit for the gamers if there was a way to lower ability effects visually and increase the enemy effects visually.
              +1
              I prefer fighting TBD on a snow map but with her special attacks the brightness level gets so high that I'm nearly blinded and can't see where the fireball is.

Comment

Working...
              X