Entering Trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entering Trials

Could we please restrict mobs from spawning right on top of us when entering trials and auto-attacking us 5 milliseconds after clicking Start? I'm pretty sick of dying on entry without even taking a step.

Can all mobs also be removed from the map when the boss appears? It's absolutely pointless to be a mage and have shatter touch everything on the screen. It's not a good mechanic. Why are we still clearing trash after the boss pops up?

Originally posted by vehmic View Post
    Could we please restrict mobs from spawning right on top of us when entering trials and auto-attacking us 5 milliseconds after clicking Start? I'm pretty sick of dying on entry without even taking a step.
    If they change this, then you'll have to travel in order to find your first pack of enemies. This adds to the total time it takes to complete a trial. In order to be competitive, it's best to have an elite pack spawn right near you when starting a trial. Not only that, but the extra time it takes to find enemies at the start of the trail would impact the rate at which TL 100 can be farmed.

Can all mobs also be removed from the map when the boss appears?
    I agree that all remaining enemies should be removed when the boss appears, or the area in which enemies are removed should be significantly expanded.

It's absolutely pointless to be a mage and have shatter touch everything on the screen. It's not a good mechanic.
    I actually love the fact that it hits every enemy on the screen. It's very useful when gold farming. Every class should have a viable gold farming build. Grand Magister's Command is the Mage's answer to that. In trials, it allows the Mage to pull mobs more efficiently before the boss spawns. This is nice, considering that the build doesn't have a ton of mobility compared to other builds.
    BH: Shade
    Mage: Muse
    Warrior: Shade

For a list of guides I've created, click here.

Comment

Can all mobs also be removed from the map when the boss appears?
      I just had another run at #143 and had Elban spawn. I fought him already, when somewhere one of those fire-barrier casting bastards and a "ping-pong-man" arrived at the scene. Seriously, as if elban wasn't hard enough to beat in time, there has to be another challenge. This is ridiculous.
      MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 126

Mobile only
      (Inactive / not playing atm - just had enough of DP's bullshit bug bingo)

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man
        Can anyone definitively say yes or no to whether we gain experience for the sudden mob disappearance when the boos appears?
        I can only comment empirically, but have never noticed that the EXP bar shifts when the Boss appears. It is a though the mob just ceases to exist.

Comment

Can all mobs also be removed from the map when the boss appears? Why are we still clearing trash after the boss pops up?
          I agree that it makes certain boss fights more difficult, such as when you don't move fast enough to avoid TBD's or Garm's attack and you end up being tossed into an elite mob. I always just considered that to be part of the challenge. Most bosses will follow you once you engage with them, so I typically clear the map as I work toward the boss spawn, then lure the boss into following me into a part of the map that I know is already clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post

I agree that it makes certain boss fights more difficult, such as when you don't move fast enough to avoid TBD's or Garm's attack and you end up being tossed into an elite mob. I always just considered that to be part of the challenge. Most bosses will follow you once you engage with them, so I typically clear the map as I work toward the boss spawn, then lure the boss into following me into a part of the map that I know is already clear.
            I used to agree with this, but I think it would better to simply remove all the mobs. The bosses are already challenging enough without a big luck / randomness factor thrown in. A boss fight should.be a boss fight.
            Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
            Teran - CL2000

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
              ...so I typically clear the map as I work toward the boss spawn, then lure the boss into following me into a part of the map that I know is already clear.
              And this exactly is next to impossible with Garm from my experience. This old fart just stays put.
              MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Mobile only

Comment

Can anyone definitively say yes or no to whether we gain experience for the sudden mob disappearance when the boos appears?
                yes, no

Yes i can say than no experience is gained when mobs disappears because the boss appears, i may still have screen recording to show it.

Plus, on these movies i saw that spawning mobs (from summoners, but also in story mode when they suddenly appears, as when you approach some chests), when killed, does not give experience, but add to the trial progress bar, and gives season xp.

(PS Digging through theses screen recording i saw one weird thing : experience progress bar going backward when killing a mob. When i have time i will send to bug report.)

(PPS I think i have a way to reproduce the bug.)

(PPPS. Confirmed.)
                Last edited by LodWig; 09-26-2019, 09:11 PM.
                Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
                Eternium Files

Comment

So you had to bring up v1.4.21.
                  What do you mean? These movies were done with 1.4.16...

I can't have 1.4.21, i'm on iOS...
                  Eternium Files

Comment

Yeah me too, i know that this giving/not giving experience is not so clear cut. I think i have seen spawned mobs giving xp, even once a summoned one, but it is sometimes difficult even on movie to see what's going on (a stray bullet may kill a mob far away...)

All these recording was when i attempted to reconstruct the xp to 1-70 level and xp to champion level functions. I went nowhere, it is very difficult to have a consistent useful experiment. For example the devs said that to spawn the trial boss you have to get 200 trial points, with one point per simple mob kill and five point per elite kill, but i think it fluctuates around that number, plus remember the summoned mobs give trial point but no xp, so even doing only one particular trial level repeatedly will likely not give the same amount of xp points on each run. On the other hand the Shores of Hope is always 53 simple mobs (Mortanimus Thadden included, he gives the same xp as simple mobs), but as you level up the xp bar progression get quickly unnoticeable.

So i eagerly wait for the 1.4.2x stable release since you said (on discord) that xp numbers were displayed (Edit: I found a picture showing the new xp bar)
                    Last edited by LodWig; 09-26-2019, 09:01 PM.
                    Eternium Files

Comment

I have mixed feelings about this. I too hate it when additional opponents appear out of nowhere when fighting a boss but at least the issue is uniform for everybody or it creates a skill dividing line for those that clear a trial in a way that stops additional enemies from joining the boss.

The reason why I have mixed feelings is that when I am experience farming I finish clearing the entire level after the boss is defeated for that little bit of additional experience and the possibility of another box. This is predicated on my, unverified, belief that you do not get experience for the mob that is removed when the boss appears. Can anyone definitively say yes or no to whether we gain experience for the sudden mob disappearance when the boos appears?

If we get experience for the mob removal then I would fully agree.
                      Why not start a new trial? Do the mobs after the boss offer more XP than the mobs in a new trial? It doesn't sound like an issue, unless there is a distinction between mobs before and after the boss comes out.
                      Also, why would you get experience from mobs that you didn't kill? That doesn't make sense + it would be a door to a whole bunch of exploits.
                      I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

I clear out the trial for the free experience and the possible box drop.
                        XP aside, but as long as the boss is up (and fights you) you can't open the boxes, can you?

MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Mobile only

Comment

Working...
                        X