Level Up Graphic Must Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level Up Graphic Must Go!

Clever tactic to remove all evidence of the players' hatred for the level up graphic by resetting the Forum.

However, we have not forgotten and still despise the new graphic as it is too intrusive to game play. Having a graphic is fine and appreciated and the old one did not impact game play, at least in my opinion. Trying to spif up the game is appreciated but ya really need to try something different to make the level up fancier if that is your desire. May flash a border or do a graphic restricted the the experience/progress bars or something. Just do not block a big chunk of the screen. Was completely unbearable during the fast leveling up of ANB.

Since it was deleted I'll reshare the tip that many have shared: toggle map open to ride out the level up graphic without dying (hopefully)
    Last edited by hp9000; 11-03-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I run with my minimap on and seems to watch it more than the main screen. Still, is very disconcerting and really challenging to aim when the graphic is going. Really hilarious when the graphic is still going when I finish a level, go through my Oldinn business and am returning to a map before the graphic finishes. I have yet to actually have the graphic live on to the next map but I believe it will if you get to the next map soon enough as other graphics, like completing quests, take time though the next map starting up.

Really makes me wonder how much processing power is being used for that graphic.

• hp9000
      hp9000 commented
      Editing a comment
      @tinman I edited the above to rephrase because I meant *open* the map to pause during the graphic.

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      hp9000 Ahh! My bad. Could also go to the hero screen in the bottom right corner. So far I have just powered through it.

Unfortunately, screen graphics have to scale with each platform, resolution, orientation, etc. Presentation will be different on each. It is too bad that this particular issue seems to be across all players.

Comment

Posted about this complaint before and noticed that it's indeed gone after the site maintenance. It's not even in my post history anymore.

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Everything is gone that occurred after the rollback date including private messages and post history. Nothing ever existed. Even your total posts counter is reduced because any additional posts never existed.

I recreated a thread about the Level Up graphic so that anyone new realizes that it is a known issues that the player base is vehemently against. I have not run across a single comment in support of the new graphics. I just could not resist having a bit of fun during the process. Starting a conspiracy theory always adds some fun.

• HydrolicPredator
        HydrolicPredator commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey I don't mind it. Sort of. I didn't really notice it until I hit the Champion Levels in ANB and even then it didn't get me killed once. Granted I stopped playing after a few hours because of other issues. If I'd make a change either change it to what it was originally or have a setting that you can toggle. The setting can toggle between Modern, (current version) Classic (Graphic before this update) and Off. Best of all worlds. Just casually going through the game then modern would be nice. For ANB's you set the graphic to classic or off and Speedrun all the way to 70 and it subsequent CLs. Win-win for all parties. I'm probably the only one who doesn't mind it.

My playing style doesn’t seem to care about the graphics. To me, it is like ignoring an Ad on a Google search, I just tune them out. Pretty, though.

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Just trying to make people hate you?

So I propose that the developers have listened and did resolve the level up graphic complaint. The new v1.4.38 was released with all its updates. I have not seen a single complaint about the level up graphic since.

Not sure that I like how the issue was dealt with but the complaint has been addressed it seems.

Comment

• Fish knife
        Fish knife commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to disappoint you, but the level up graphic is still there in v1.4.38. I guess people have given up on complaining about it...

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Fish knife I am sorry if my post was unclear. I never meant to imply that the level up graphic was removed. The graphic very clearly still exists. They did, however, seem to reduce the frequency of the graphic. My experience is that graphic seems to pop up around half as much.

Note that I mentioned "Not sure I like how" the change was made. The way they seemed to have reduced the impact of the level up graphic was by dramatically increasing the trial level difficulty which in turn dramatically decreased the rate of gaining levels which in turn decreased the frequency of the level up graphics.

So, it seems that they have addressed our concerns regarding the level up graphic even though they did not entirely remove the graphic they did attempt to reduce its impact. I can not say that I am really a fan of their solution but at least they did not totally ignore us.

Still do not like the level up graphic? Then you really need to continue log the complaints because I am assuming that from their perspective they addressed the issue.

I hope that is a little clearer about why I posted again about the issue and said that they seem to have responded to the complaints so far. Though, that they rarely tend to say when they have addressed concerns, my optimism that they actually listened to the concerns could be a bit of a stretch.

Tin Man Thank you for the clarification, I see what you mean now!

And now for a bit of hair-splitting. The graphic still pops up every ten CL levels, i.e. the frequency really hasn't changed. Yes, it does take longer to gain those 10 levels than it used to. Hence, you see it less often. However, I don't think that that was the reason for adjusting trial difficulties and XP gains.

Therefore, I'd argue that the issue really hasn't been addressed up to now. Simply replacing the existing pop up with something less obstructive really shouldn't be that difficult...
      KUSA GAJE GASU 4903

CL 2367

Comment

Additionally, I would be really happy if we could turn off the written dialogue in Story Mode. I’ve seen it a million times now. It’s just a nuisance across the screen.

Comment

• Tin Man
          Tin Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Along with the quest text which covers up the trial progress bar half the time it seems.

Fish knife Let's split hairs a little bit more.

Keep in mind that nothing I am saying is directed at you personally. Maybe this really isn't splitting hairs.

I never intended to indicate that I am now okay with the graphic. I am not. I still hate it and feel that it needs to go away.

Suggesting that the ludicrous change in trial level difficulty, mostly for how it was handled as I overall do not care if the trial level difficulties change as long as the impact is even, was addressing the massive complaints about the level up graphic was, how should I put it, being incredibly generous to the developers. At least that would give them some reason to make the change in response to player outcry. Do I really, really think the graphic is why they changed the difficulty? I believe that is a very, very slim likelihood. Was positing the idea a way to refresh the complaints about the graphic? Yes.

Alas, if you read anything of mine and think I must be nuts then I am most likely being sarcastic and/or cynical.

Yes, using the proper wording which I did not previously, the graphic appears less often though not less frequently. This change still leaves the level up graphic wholly unacceptable. I am pretty sure that the change was an unintended consequence of other changes but ya gotta be nice every now and then.

Adrian (Developer)

Please! Please! Please! I beg you! Please! Please get rid of the level up graphic as it stands now. The old graphic was more than adequate and no where near as disruptive.

At a minimum, would you at least tell us that this feedback has not fallen on deaf ears? A simple "No, we like it as it is and are not changing it." or "Yes, we will change the level up graphic but have no idea when we will get around to it." would go a long way.

I will now return the thread and the Forum to the sponsors. (Read players.)

Comment

• Fish knife
          Fish knife commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't take anything you said personally, don't worry! In fact I greatly enjoy your fine sense of irony and your very insightful posts. Thank you for that and keep up the good work!
      Working...
      X