New companion class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New companion class

Since the game has developed in such a way that vast amounts of gold are required for crafting purposes, I would like to propose a new companion class - the Thief.

The Thief would obviously have as a main passive ability the attribute of greatly increasing the gold yield of the party. Perhaps a 100% boost after all other boosts are calculated. In other words, if one's Extra Gold rating is 750%, adding a Thief to the party would make that 1500%. The Thief's gold rating could start low and increase to a maximum when he reaches level 70.

As a combat ability, he could carry out an assassination attack on the toughest opponent one is currently facing. This attack would be a guaranteed and instant kill, except against bosses. He might inflict serious damage on a boss, however.

I envision players recruiting a Thief for all story-line activities, particularly in ANB events, where gold is in very short supply compared to needs. Depending on how effective his combat abilities are, he might or might not be used in Trials.

Not a bad idea for "Gem only" companion, not bad at all.

Comment

Why only Gems, and not Gold?

Comment

Even a gem to earn some way to booster gems/gold, would be nice.

Comment

I like the idea, would like to see it have a blind or sap as other ability, one that would interupt boss casting.

The chance to buy 3 thieves for gems then run a 200% booster for gold farming would be nice, trading off AS / damage for gold for a period of ANB.

Comment

Originally posted by DazednConfused View Post
            Even a gem to earn some way to booster gems/gold, would be nice.
            Ah! I understand now. I was thinking 'gemstones' not a hero devoted to farming gems.

Yes, it might be nice for that purpose, but it would come at the cost of 500 gems, reducing the profit in gems by about 1/3.

Comment

• DazednConfused
              DazednConfused commented
              Editing a comment
              I did mean gemstones. Like some way for us to obtain a gold/gem booster to gem our gear, that gives us extra boost on gems and gold.

• Ubba Lothbrokson
              Ubba Lothbrokson commented
              Editing a comment
              OK. I'm not sure if gold and gemstones are always linked as they are in the boosters. If so, then the Thief would collect lots of gemstones as well.

Personally, I am not that concerned about gemstones, outside of ANB, as I have a fine collection of Brilliants that I don't currently have a use for.

In fact, I haven't even opened the gemstone packs I got in Season #2 rewards. I figure I'll wait until I have 100 packs and then open them all at once in an orgy of gemstones.
          Working...
          X