Pouch of Pointlessness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pouch of Pointlessness

2k gold as a daily login reward is basically a joke now and should be increased.

I'd recommend that, at a minimum, you match it to something on par with daily quest reward of 10k. Ideally it would increase to something more substantial and on par with the gold value I'd get during a gold farming run (tho obv this varies greatly by player so who knows what that value would be) or even a straight-up legendary clear with zero gold boost which is still far more than 2k.

Or change it to some purchase metric. Match the value to something that could be spent on a tavern consumable. The only thing 2k can buy you is a single Brilliant gemstone fuse. Or, like, 2.5 green lvl70 ring crafts.

2k is just dumb when a ginger beer is 12k and a legendary weapon craft is over 20,000% more costly.

Well, 2k gold is indeed a rather small amount. However, overall I find the daily rewards fairly generous. Per month you get over 300 gems, 3 gemstone selections, a set item and crafting materials from the various other chests, This is particularly helpful for new players.

If you've been around the block a few times, those rewards lose some of their appeal, but it still is stuff that you don't have to grind or pay for!
    KUSA GAJE GASU 4903

CL 2367

Comment

Originally posted by Fish knife View Post
      Well, 2k gold is indeed a rather small amount. However, overall I find the daily rewards fairly generous. Per month you get over 300 gems, 3 gemstone selections, a set item and crafting materials from the various other chests, This is particularly helpful for new players.

If you've been around the block a few times, those rewards lose some of their appeal, but it still is stuff that you don't have to grind or pay for!
      I agree that the gems are a nice-to-great daily reward and I don't have an issue with some days being less reward than others but 2k is seriously low. I think even 5 or 10k wouldn't break the new player experience because reforging lower items is relatively costly in gold before you hit the gem-reforging levels. So I actually think increasing the gold would help new players without breaking the game and be a small bit more meaningful to high level players.

Comment

Originally posted by hp9000 View Post

I agree that the gems are a nice-to-great daily reward and I don't have an issue with some days being less reward than others but 2k is seriously low. I think even 5 or 10k wouldn't break the new player experience because reforging lower items is relatively costly in gold before you hit the gem-reforging levels. So I actually think increasing the gold would help new players without breaking the game and be a small bit more meaningful to high level players.
        Just had another look at my current reward calendar. Got 2k gold once and 5k gold twice. I don't know whether that's the same each month or not...

When I started playing I never reforged anything, I was way too busy learning about all the other aspects of the game. Until crafting was introduced I never suffered from a shortage of gold either, which probably just shows what an inept player I really am.

As a new player you do get a fairly decent set of equipment from the story line quests which should be more than adequate to get you started. And the you face the usual choice of free-to-play games: pay or grind!

So, increasing the 2k to 5 or 10k would be nice indeed, but would probably not make that much of a difference, even for new players imho...
        Last edited by Fish knife; 11-26-2019, 01:56 PM.
        KUSA GAJE GASU 4903

CL 2367

Comment

Personally, I’d like to see them get rid of the treasure chests that we just end up scrapping, and replace them with resource crates and MOT’s. The daily quests give us 50,000 in gold and 100 gems/day.

Comment

Or how about a daily reward system that gets better each day you play instead of resetting each month? I've seen other games do this successfully. The rewards basically grow with your experience level.

Comment

I played a game where they started by giving you 50 bronze then 1 silver then 2 silver. All the way up to 2.5gold coin (you needed 999 silvers to make a gold ) by the end of the month as long as you logged in every day of the month you got around 6 gold. It pretty much doubled every day until 30 days.
              Last edited by Blp88blue; 12-01-2019, 04:10 AM.
              Mobile only
              FERO GUSO NODI 9475
              • Max trial currently complete 103
              • 1200 ish cl
              • Elementals- ELR mage (Gold runner)
              • Zerg - Shield warrior
              • ZergBH - BH stalker (Xp runner)

Comment

Working...
              X