Merlok quest: fix it or remove it, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlok quest: fix it or remove it, please

Every other quest makes sense: "Kill X enemies", or "Kill X elites", or "Go to XYZ area and do A, B and then C".

And then you have the 50 Merloks quest, where you have a very rare mob type which only spawns somewhat consistently in 1 map and that's not enough for even 1/3 of the numbers that you need to complete the quest.
    You either have to do 20 different locations and hope that a map gives you 2 or 3 (most have 0), or you have to do Marcus' village again and again and again and hopefully you won't spawn on the bridge with the 8 Merloks and you will "only" need to abandon and restart the map 3 times to complete it.

What a well thought and engaging quest...

Suggestion: either remove it, or make it so that it will not require more than a single run of Marcus' village, just like every other quest.
    I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

I agree, lower the number to like 15 then were you start in marcus village doesn't matter since you'll be able to kill 15 in a single run and finish the extra quests.
    Also make them appear more in "The Defiler" there are only 9 of them there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post
      Suggestion: either remove it, or make it so that it will not require more than a single run of Marcus' village, just like every other quest.
      Agree, I can't believe that this boring old daily quest survived the recent update. The Devs must really hate Merloks. Create something new, please...

Comment

Admittedly the Start position on the "Merlok Toad" Quest can be an issue, but, starting after the 1st bridge still allowed me to deal with 36 toads plus their collars. "The Defiler" gave me 11 toads. I have never had the need to run "Marcus's Village" more than twice to complete this simple Quest. (The major change is that alias toads no longer fulfill the Quest.)

Comment

• Tin Man
          Tin Man commented
          Editing a comment
          The really major change is that Sisters no longer count as Merloks. I used to be able to clear the Merlok quest running The Gauntlet where no actual Merloks appear. Alas, The Gauntlet no long works for clearing the daily quests.

• LodWig
          LodWig commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah we can talk about it now it is fixed, it was Ze way of doing dailies back then... Just got to the Gauntlets in Easy mode and forget it... Glance vaguely to the game to check wether you died or not... Rinse, repeat...

• Tin Man
          Tin Man commented
          Editing a comment
          LodWig There was not anything that would couldn't talk about. I asked and was told what I was doing was within the rules which is why I started promoted the idea so much. Using The Gauntlet, back when you could, was a perfectly legal and easy way to clear the daily quests under the old system. The new daily system has benefits but I must admit that I miss the ease that I used to be able to clear them. Oh well. The change was for the better. I will admit that it has bit into my rabbit holing time.

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
        Admittedly the Start position on the "Merlok Toad" Quest can be an issue, but, starting after the 1st bridge still allowed me to deal with 36 toads plus their collars. "The Defiler" gave me 11 toads. I have never had the need to run "Marcus's Village" more than twice to complete this simple Quest. (The major change is that alias toads no longer fulfill the Quest.)

There are 3 toads in the beginning of the map, 8 on the bridge, followed by 2 packs of 4 each right after the bridge. I have not found toads after that point.
        With 19 toads on the best case scenario spawn, how do you "not need to run Marcus' Village more than twice"?

The 15 sisters, 10 elites and 100 enemies quests all go down through your normal Trial runs, and any other quest is map specific. What other quest demands that you keep running a single location over and over?

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          If you wait before attacking, sometimes the toads around the pool on the right side of the map just before the second bridge will spawn to form larger groups. In a map where you start at the very beginning, you can usually make it in two runs. But, still why not make a new daily quest instead of recycling this boring old one. My favorite daily quest is "plant the flag" where you enter, kill two groups of enemies, plant the flag, then make a quick exit

• lmcelhiney
          lmcelhiney commented
          Editing a comment
          Normal gestation period of a toad can be as little as three days. I don't know what that might be in the Eternium Universe... Maybe if we don't complete these Quests in a timely manner there will be millions of them!

• Christian Lamine
          Christian Lamine commented
          Editing a comment
          3 days? Oh my gosh. I guess the only people on earth who would like that would be the french. "Fast food" the french way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-12-12 at 17.44.48.png
Views:	1688
Size:	280.2 KB
ID:	157287
        Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
        Eternium Files

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice thinking to just print out the map where the toads are lurking. There are three groups in that map section, one at the entrance and two that appear as you approach the treasure chest (one ahead and one behind you). Still even my gold farming gear it too much for these weaklings...

LodWig I have just entered that area... for the first time since I started playing this game

Comment

• MarkHark
          MarkHark commented
          Editing a comment
          Amazing!

• Tin Man
          Tin Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Always sucks when you find out that you have been missing something since the beginning of time. Happens to be all the time.

Still is annoying that you are still forced to run the level twice and that is without the starting point issues. The number of Merloks should be dropped to 20 or less.

• lmcelhiney
          lmcelhiney commented
          Editing a comment
          Tin Man, you must be the Merlok Toad's hero! Just think about how many you saved from a premature death!

I'd say we eradicate them all, kill them with extreme prejudice.

Comment

• MarkHark
          MarkHark commented
          Editing a comment
          "Extreme Prejudice" is actually the name for a different daily quest

Originally posted by kamap View Post
        I'd say we eradicate them all, kill them with extreme prejudice.
        Totally agree! The bounty could be more fun if it was "Exterminate all merlok toads in Marcus' village", as opposed to its current state "Keep restarting Marcus' village until that number shows 50/50".

Comment

• MarkHark
          MarkHark commented
          Editing a comment
          This would indeed be a nice variation of the current quest. Me likes it! One small problem with that would be the new Merlok NPC as we presently have no way to get him killed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4816F1E1-144A-4432-A178-6895376AC4EE.jpeg
Views:	898
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	157353

Comment

Killing every toad in the map, I'd say 70% of the time, now, it takes me 3 runs (2 full + 1 abandon after a few mobs). Even when I'm 'lucky', two runs is two too many of this damn quest.

I vote for Merloks in trials, including some nasty Merlok elites. Also, a giant Merlok boss would be cool! He could replace the lame necromancer in Marcus' Village (sorry, Travis! )

Comment

I'd like to ask to remove "Smoking them out" and "Stones and Bones" as well from the daily quests. All the other quests (excluding these and the merlok one) can be done real quick or by running trials. But it's really boring to "withstand the ambush" with a CL2k toon...
            MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 126

Mobile only
            (Inactive / not playing atm - just had enough of DP's bullshit bug bingo)

Comment

• kamap
              kamap commented
              Editing a comment
              True but I don't mind those quests because I do them while I'm doing something else.
              I start the map and just stand there till the next time I can view at the screen.
              My toon probably died, resurect and start attacking the toons, next time I look at the screen, the quest should be done.
          Working...
          X