A Noob's Impression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Noob's Impression

Likewise, I have been only playing for approximately two-in-a-half days and this is through the eyes of a mage's perspective. Although in my opinion, I've been enjoying every second of what this game has to offer so far. I really like the amount of spells that range from attacks, abilities, and passives that can give you a variety in whatever you may encounter as you advance in level and quests; each increasing in difficulty and honestly entertainment value as you watch your character climb the ranks.

Ultimately my first impression had expected to be bombarded with ads and micro-transactions throughout my experience, relating to the rare and purchasable currency: gems. This is somewhat common in popular mobile games. To my surprise, this surpassed my expectations on a good note. In my experience so far, I haven't encountered hardly of what I first inevitably expected - and that's a good thing. Even so, I liked that from time to time, enemies dropped a mystery box that gave you the option to watch a promotional video to earn a certain amount of gems, usually five.

Of course with the currency of gems in this case, there is bound to be a purpose behind it. I've found that it primarily pertains to upgrading the amount of slots you can upgrade your skills, your ability slots, and any of those skills and/or abilities that you want immediately upgraded. I am not at all saying that there is an issue with the presence of gems. I do understand their implementation and there is nothing wrong with it yet.

A spectacular achievement is sound design. I enjoy what it offers and the overall soundtrack of this game in general. It has a nice flow and tone to the art-style and whatever you might be doing within the game.

In my gameplay experience, I leveled up and gained some powerful equipment relatively quickly which made this game so fun and addicting. I always wanted more what was to come. An added bonus, and a thankful bonus, was there wasn't really any penalty for dying. All you had to do was revive for free and your enemies would receive a 10% health gain but it wasn't bad. I appreciate that the developers did not choose to pay with gems to revive; I am very thankful for that.

So, now I ask of you. Whether you may be a veteran, or a noob; I'd like to hear your feedback and first impression on this super fun and addicting game too!

I am 55 years old and have been playing Eternium for 900 days. Enough said ?
    RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Playing now for 732 days ( I first saw this and installed in the play store on January 2, 2018) and the A New Beginning event and the new crafting system are the two most beautiful features I loved since playing. I only uninstalled this once, when I did not passed trial 80 in the very first ANB event, got no celestials but spent 8000+ gems. Got very frustrated that night, but reinstalled the next morning

Comment

I have been playing for 723 days. I usually play on the long train commute into Boston, and I rarely miss a day. I started off as a SW Warrior, then switched to DW Warrior before the major balancing upgrade. Since then I have tried out all of the different combinations of weapon sets and gear sets for Warrior, Mage, and BH. For a while, I was in the top 1% in leaderboards for all three classes. Though most of my older heroes still have only level 70 gear, much of which is useless after the increase in trial difficulty. I ran a Havoc BH during the last ANB, which is now my gold and daily quests hero. Like most casual players, I am slowly working on re-building competitive gear sets. I finally got my first level 77 piece of set gear, an igniters pistol for my Havoc BH; too bad that Havoc gear is not very competitive for BHs.

These days, I mostly enjoy building a new hero from scratch during ANB events. I like the fact that a new hero gets frequent gear upgrades through game play, while end game heroes can often go for days or weeks without a single gear upgrade.

Comment

Working...
        X