The RNG on gear-crafting is a problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The RNG on gear-crafting is a problem.

First let me say that I love this game, start to finish, and have been playing on and off for years. It's fun despite the grind. Not only do the devs and admins go above and beyond to make this game great by listening to players, but they also manage to make the game enjoyable whether someone only plays a little or plays for hours every day and tries to compete on the trials. I've spent several hundred dollars on in-game purchases and I don't regret doing so.

All that being said, I don't think I can continue playing due to the low yield on crafted items. Basically, there is too high of a time/resource requirement to craft gear and weapons that allow the player to compete. Specifically, level 75+ and at least a reasonable level of stats.

I've gotten used to planning for a perfect piece of jewelry, as it isn't ridiculously time-intensive to come up with a few million gold. However, I've spent at least 30 million gold and more hours than I care to think about and the only decent weapons I've got to show for it were from random drops in trials.

I've got level 48 in mastery and I just dropped the entirety of my 10,000,00 gold/10,000 gem payback from the past two months in-game on producing a single decent weapon with terrible results. I can't and won't continue spending ten to twenty hours a week throwing gold into a bottomless pit that doesn't allow me to stay competitive on trials.

Sincerely, a burnt out regular.

Don’t feel bad. I just spent 35 million in gold plus a TON of resources trying to get a level 77 weapon. The best I got was a level 75. All those hours spent farming with boosters at 75 gems each..... gone in less than 5 minutes. I’m burned out.

Comment

There was a hint on the forum for what you need to do to craft lvl77 with 99% probability. Only for 18+ knowledge.

Comment

Completely agree. i picked up this game on a train ride in early november, and have played a frankly absurd amount since. I was also happy to spend money on the game.

However, on saturday morning in advance of starting a trials push for the top 500 i tried crafting a new weapon to replace my level 73 staff. i burned through weeks worth of essences. I even rolled a level 75 and a level 77 staff - and both had lower damage & stats than my level 73.

I can understand the rationale for random results in crafting, but it shouldn't be possible for that to happen. the idea that weeks worth of coin and resource farming can end up with zero improvement is just too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Montresor View Post
        However, on saturday morning in advance of starting a trials push for the top 500 i tried crafting a new weapon to replace my level 73 staff. i burned through weeks worth of essences. I even rolled a level 75 and a level 77 staff - and both had lower damage & stats than my level 73.
        for what it's worth, this was with level 50 crafting.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf86PL View Post
          There was a hint on the forum for what you need to do to craft lvl77 with 99% probability. Only for 18+ knowledge.
          hitting the bottle again?
          KUSA GAJE GASU 4903

CL 2367

Comment

Empty with essence. Tried to craft Necronomicon. 6 attempts. lvl 74 was the best. I was missing % big time ;D oh well..

Comment

Empty with essence. Tried to craft Necronomicon. 6 attempts. lvl 74 was the best. I was missing % big time ;D oh well..
              Question... Why on earth would you want a necronomicon??

Comment

Sentiment

Comment

Digging for a hint somewhere on the forums should absolutely not be the answer to this flaw in the game's current crafting process. I knew when I posted the OP that someone would probably answer with something like this, but I'm not looking for a work-around. Just expressing my opinion of the absurd imbalance between time and money spent vs. something to show for it.

Comment

• Fish knife
                    Fish knife commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don't worry, there is no work-around. That was just Wolf86PL's sense of humour...

I had two accounts, one being f2p, bought nothing, just daily quests and heroes all made by ANB events, sat in no. 138 in the season LB, and my other account that bought the season pass and always having the 30-day gem pack, also active in ANBs, made no. 49 in the season LB. Its just a matter of patience and about the crafting system, it doesn't need tons of hours to farm crafting materials to be able to have enough resources to try our luck to get a level 77 item, when you have already a decent set in a specific hero you can finish trial 90 within 2 minutes. Just enough to fill your inventory with legendaries within an hour. Then when I have 1000 greater essences for each stat that I need, I try my luck. Whether a level 76-77 has low stats, keep or use until you acquire enough celestial boxes to make that near perfect.

I repeat, its just a matter of patience, everything is not perfect but when you achieve something you want, every effort you did tells that it's totally worth it. We cannot obtain a doctoral degree if we did not start at kindergarten.

Comment

Think about the day when that craft Finally Hits! When I craft I try not to expect greatness...and yes I have not always achieved my end result and I do feel your pain....I do! But that's what makes the game exciting for me and fun! If you are not having fun or enjoying the game take a break or craft in smaller amounts so you will not feel like all is lost... or a waste of time when you miss on that lv 77 weapon. Best of luck to everyone and Happy Grinding!

Comment

Originally posted by Benedicto View Post
                      Its just a matter of patience and about the crafting system, it doesn't need tons of hours to farm crafting materials to be able to have enough resources to try our luck to get a level 77 item
                      That's when I started gigeling...

Originally posted by Benedicto View Post
                      Then when I have 1000 greater essences for each stat that I need,
                      And sorry, that's when I burst out into uncontrollable laughter. I strongly have the impression that you must mistake Eternium for another game. It's right - roughly an hour of TL80 farming (80 is enough to yield 3 legendaries at the end! No need for 90) you end up with an inventory of salvagable legendaries. And these legendaries yield just about enough resources for like 2-3 tries.

1000's of GREATER essences? My god. You have no clue of what you're talking about.

// edit:

I now play for like a year and a half, and I started using water essences for crafting not long ago (to swap out stats by re-rolling them with gems afterwards in order to save other essence types). So, in all this time I have managed to accumulate like 3,000 greater water essences. 1 and a half year. 3,000.

1000's? Of each you need? LOL.
                      Last edited by Christian Lamine; 01-07-2020, 06:35 AM.
                      MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 126

Mobile only
                      (Inactive / not playing atm - just had enough of DP's bullshit bug bingo)

Comment

• Christian Lamine
                        Christian Lamine commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You know the odds of hitting a 77? And you know that you need 70 greater essences for each and every try (times 4 for every stat you put onto your item)? And then, read the following quote - YOUR quote - again: "...it doesn't need tons of hours to farm crafting materials to be able to have enough resources to try our luck to get a level 77 item [...] Then when I have 1000 greater essences for each stat that I need,". Giving the context of crafting a 77 this is exactly what it reads like - "There's no real effort to achieve that".

• Benedicto
                        Benedicto commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That is your mistake again, you give interpretations between the lines. I only got 2 level 77 items from crafting since, happy now? Don't pinpoint that I'm like an idiot that doesn't know the odds or accusing me about that exploits, cheats or whatever that is. THAT IS HOW I PLAY AND IF YOU DON'T WANT THE WAY I PLAY, it is not my problem anymore.

• Christian Lamine
                        Christian Lamine commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The truth is: grinding TL80 for an hour yields an inventory full of legendaries waiting to be salvaged. Salvage them, and you end up with like 30-40 greater essences in total (even with mastery level 50) - not for every stat. Additionally, you'll get a ton of normal and lesser essences to compensate the missing greaters (but, fun fact, to turn them into the needed greater essences you need gold). So, even to have a shot at 4-5 tries you need to griend at least for 3-4 hours to gather *only the needed materials*. The materials - not the gold. This is another round of grinding on SH or similar. So, effectively, grinding for like 4-5 hours gets you in a position to try 4-5 shots at your wanted 77. Chances of getting a 77 with 4-5 tries? Dimininglishly small. Your whole initial comment read as if this is not a real problem, cause, y'know, "you just need to be patient". And that is plain BS, and I will continue to call you out on that.

I had to laugh right off the bat when Vicarius started the thread as they actually loosened up the crafting RNG and made it easier to get higher level gear when they did the level increase to level 77.

Imagine how everyone felt chasing level 75 gear, legitimately, when the maximum was 75.

I would take a level 77 craft of any of my weapons in a heartbeat no matter how bad the stats. I would actually use a Celestial productively for once to make any level 77 great. I have yet to see a single legendary level 77 piece. I did, however, manage an epic level 77 Blackguard's Resolve during Gold #3 that was near perfect with Block Rating and Armor and exceptional with most of the stats. I almost fell out of my chair.

Man, I am still looking at replacing that with a legendary.

Yeah! Right! Like that will ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjaeka View Post
                        Don’t feel bad. I just spent 35 million in gold plus a TON of resources trying to get a level 77 weapon. The best I got was a level 75. All those hours spent farming with boosters at 75 gems each..... gone in less than 5 minutes. I’m burned out.
                        I fully understand. Join me, along with others, in getting off the crazy train. This is possible as long as you get enjoyment from something other than a Top 50 finish or having the best of everything. These words are said to Vicarius also.

During a season event, you can get Top 100 without having CL 2300+ or level 77 weapons or other gear. I developed this attitude while scanning through the warrior board for Season 2 though the same may not apply to other classes as I did not look. There were warriors in the Top 100 with CLs in the 1800 or 1900s along with only level 75 gear. Granted, these players were few and far between but they were not unicorns. This tells me that CLs, a good build and knowing your hero can go a long way.

Though we can not negate the other issues of keyboard vs. symbols and iOS vs. Android which each have there own major impact.

In my humble opinion, which is frequently wrong, the two most important gear pieces for all the classes are the weapon slots. If you absolutely, positively have to have level 77 pieces for those slots? Have you just considered sacrificing and settling for Epic pieces for the time being? Weapons are the most expensive to craft and also the most critical so the trade off of higher level for one fewer attribute can be worth it.

This is coming from a competitively burned out player that had not even pushed a Season 2 trial until Friday and that was just for giggles. The only progress I registered during Season 2 before Friday was strictly from trying to fill out the trial unlocks table.

Everyone needs to just focus on what it is about the game that we enjoy. For me? I find the most enjoyment from my rabbit holes. This was true even when trying to be competitive. Getting sidetracked for a rabbit hole was always easy because I find it fun.

If you only get satisfaction from a Top 10 finish and having the best of everything? I am afraid you might suffer burn out a long time.

None of this is meant as a slam on any one persons goals or enjoyments. This whole post is just meant as a reality check to see what it is about the game that makes you want to invest hours into playing.

Maybe one's enjoyment comes from avenues that are not quite as demanding.

Just as a disclaimer, the only thing that I have ever really intentionally farmed is experience and I have not done that in over a year. My only real CL changes have come form the combining of experience when ANBs end.

Every time I try to get on the hamster wheel? I quickly fall off. I just do not find satisfaction from the insanity.

I do, however, still have modest success in the game even though I honestly do stink.

Just food for thought. My hopes for a recovery from your burnt out state. Vicarius? I know that you are new to the Forum so I really do not know you. Anjaeka? Your contributions are always appreciated.

Just saddens me a bit to see anyone say that they are burned out. This is all about fun after all.

Now, go have some fun.

Comment

• Tin Man
                          Tin Man commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ozymandius You are very correct that you can craft a higher level item and get a result that is worse than the lower level item that you want to replace.

Disclaimer: The weapon for a shield warrior is almost a non-issue. The shield for a shield warrior? The most critical piece.

• Montresor
                          Montresor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ozymandius - this was exactly what i found most frustrating. I went the cheaper route of crafting Epics and finally rolled a lvl 76 Eridanus, and it had considerably worse damage than my lvl 73 Eridanus.

I can live with it being rare to roll a high level item, but when the high level item can actually be worse than a considerably lower level item, then that's a problem. it has significantly changed my engagement with the game sadly. on the other hand, that's probably for the best, as i am getting more work done now ;-)

• Tin Man
                          Tin Man commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Montresor They only saving grace? If you actually run into a level 77 with the attributes you want, even though they stink, you can make it near perfect for all the attributes with a Celestial Transform.

Never throw away a crappy high level piece even if the attributes really stink. You just might want to throw a transform at it one of these days in order to accomplish something.

Disclaimer: Celestial Transforms do not modify the bonus features like X% chance to increase Y so Z much.
                      Working...
                      X