Distinctive look for icon of set and unique items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distinctive look for icon of set and unique items

I would like to see at a glance when an item is a set item or a unique item, so after a farm session, when my inventory is full, I can spot easily which items may be good, put aside the really good ones, and batch-salvage the rest.

Can you spot the set items in the following image?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5953.PNG Views:	1 Size:	171.6 KB ID:	159055

And on that one?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5953 copy.PNG Views:	0 Size:	171.6 KB ID:	159057

(Yes, I know, its ugly, but you get the idea. Maybe the distinctive look can be just an aura, or a change in the background color, or the level font color, etc.)
    Last edited by LodWig; 01-11-2020, 03:37 PM.
    Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
    Eternium Files

I think the main reason behind the repetitive use of basic graphics in Eternium is to maintain a very small overall footprint. Game file size. Remember the game is primarily designed to be played on mobile devices.

I certainly do like your graphic suggestion and I personally cannot see any reason why it could not be implemented. The Eternium community have been asking for this for as long as I've been playing the game.
    RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

• LodWig
      LodWig commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't know that. (That it has been asked for for ages.)

Some Set items are already visually distinct. Juggernaut's and Arcanist's gear can be seen at a glance, as can a Carnaval Cape or Integralas Mantle.

Comment

• LodWig
      LodWig commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I know that of course, still my proposal make it faster and less brain-consuming than having to learn all the distinctive looks for each set items. Which sometimes are not at all distinctive, see below. (As I'm typing this I just finished a trial and dropped two pants, the Stalker one is absolutely indistinguishable from the non-set one.)

The hardest to distinguish from nonset gear are all BHs and Warlord warrior. All 3 main mage sets and both warrior Jugg and Defender have easily identifiable gear pieces. Even so, I like the idea if them all being distinguishable from nonset gear. After all, they are special gear pieces so make them all special looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubba Lothbrokson View Post
      Some Set items are already visually distinct. Juggernaut's and Arcanist's gear can be seen at a glance, as can a Carnaval Cape or Integralas Mantle.
      Rather than having a distinctive look, make all kinds of all set items and unique items exclusive in their looks and remove their designs to the regular items, like the juggernaut's, arcanist's and elemental regalia's. This will not affect the game file size. Example of this is the tesla armaments set. When I look at the inventory window after I finish a trial for farming, my fingers always unconsciously click first those who has the same design of the ion and pulse gun, but it is an only salvageable regular item. Better remove this design to the non-set gun image droplist (or whatever it is called for those who are game programmers) because I believe that the design of a dropped item is also part of the RNG.

Comment

Working...
      X