Crafting Materials Balance Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crafting Materials Balance Issues?

Has anyone else noticed the horrifying balance issues with Materials from Salvaging?

I know that you salvage materials based on the stats that are on a item and most items I get seem to have +gold, +deflect, +life on hit, +vitality and +health regen, which results in a lot of Water or Earth Essences. I swear I get 500 Water Essences for every 1 Fire or Air Essence and I get 250 Earth Essences for every 1 Fire or Air Essence.

I've paid the insanely high cost to convert around 200,000 of my Greater Water Essences to Fire or Air Essences and even after doing that I still have an insane amount of Water Essences compared to everything else.

I mostly use my BH for farming so is this a BH problem or do Mage and Warrior farmers run into the same issue? I'm finally working on my Shield Warrior so the Earth Essences are nice to have for his farming gear since +gold and +block both go off Earth Essences but there is clearly a major balance issue.

Everyone has an insane amount of Water Essences.

Is kinda odd since Water Essences are only used for Deflect Rating, Dodge Rating, Life on Hit and Life Regeneration. Doesn't seem like all the gear I salvage has such a predominance of one of those four attributes.

That said? Only Water and Earth have four attributes each which may be part of the issue. Also, I am betting that crafting for Armor, Block Rating, Deflect Rating, Dodge Rating, Extra Gold, Life on Hit, Life Regeneration and Vitality are some of the least used attributes used when crafting except for Block Rating with shield warriors. I would think that Life on Hit and Extra Gold, while used, still get used only for gold mining gear or in limited amounts on gear in the case of Life on Hit since common go-to method Life on Hit is a robe enchantment.

That we do not craft with Water and Earth as much could contribute much to the growth. My Earth abundance has dropped since I started crafting for my shield warrior.

Comment

I never have enough Fire essence. It would be nice to move either CR or CD to Water so we can have some use for Water.

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        There was an entire thread dedicated to that discussion.

Originally posted by mousse View Post
      I never have enough Fire essence. It would be nice to move either CR or CD to Water so we can have some use for Water.
      In my mind that doesn't solve the problem. The real problem seems to be that the loot mobs drop is absolute trash and has mostly +Deflect, +LOH and +Health Regen so when we salvage it we mostly get Water Essences.

They just need to balance the drops better so they don't have stats that are 90% based on Stats that use Water Essences and then we would get more Fire Essences and Air Essences.

Comment

Best would be to get rid of the elements and have just "essence" that's used for any and all stats

Comment

Working...
        X