Thoughts on clickable barrels and baskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on clickable barrels and baskets

TLDR: clickable baskets and barrels should be made as rare and valuable as chests.

Currently baskets are bad:

1) They are disappointing, even if I high-roll and get a rare item plus some coins.

2) They are frustrating, my character sometimes struggles to reach a barrel and runs around dithering until I spend multiple clicks manoeuvring them to the right spot.

3) They are overwhelming, there are so many of them.

4) They are not very heroic or challenging. They don't fight back or even roar at you when you kick them.

5) They make it harder to click on reward boxes. If I click on a reward box spawns near a basket my character runs over and kicks the basket (are there any clickable buckets?). It sometimes takes me a little while to find the right place to click.

6) They slow the game load times.
    Ok I'm not sure about this one. Something slowed the game load times several months ago especially on my android phone, and I hold the baskets responsible, all those extra objects on the map. But the slowness could be caused by something else.

I don't think these problems would be addressed by boosting the average resources per basket, or adding something very rare and valuable to the drop tables.
    Ask yourself if clicking on 1000 baskets for any reason (lots of gold, celestial essence, medals, whatever) sounds like fun. I might try it for a while to be competitive, but I wouldn't really enjoy it.

One potential fix would be to make them into 'secrets'. If only 3 of the many baskets / barrels / boxes / bushes in the screen are clickable and players have to find them, then they are a bit more fun. (But fix their positions so we don't have to search each time a map loads). The rewards should be boosted so they should contain as much as chests. There are already farming guides that direct people to skip chests because they aren't worth the time taken to open them.

Another potential fix is just to revert the baskets change - but I'm mainly saying that because of the game load times which might not be related.

To be fair, i think they're mostly there to make the world feel more interactive. even in god of war (yes, i'm massively late getting to that game) the vast majority of boxes etc that you can destroy don't give anything worthwhile.

Comment

Sadly story mode is way down on the developer’s priority (my opinion). The equipment rewards from story are ALL trash.

it would be so easy to make story enjoyable simply by adding a FEW valuable pieces to story.

capes in baskets
      weapons in crates
      yea make them rare but make them valuable.
      RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Make the crates, baskets and what not breakable, you click it, it breaks, no more able to keep on clicking it.
        A reward box can't get stuck inside a crate, it's just one more tap.
        Maybe make it so that an AoE or single attack breaks them as well.

Comment

Working...
        X