Part 2/3 anti botting suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part 2/3 anti botting suggestions

normal story mode : nerf all normal drops from the face of the earth no, im not joking, unfortunately... i repeat lol, completely remove all drops from normal story mode.. this includes all xp, all gold, and all items... you have created a means (if i am not mistaken) to make this up for newbs, by heavily buffing the quest rewards system, to generously accommodate them for the losses of normal mode, with everything taken away... the botters will have nothing left of interest on normal mode to bot continuously, and everyone is gonna hate on me for losing ther fav stone/gold grind spot, its almost mabey perfect lol... but id like to believe that having to move up to a buffed heroic mode for stones/gold, would be a sacrifice all should be willing to make... time to low blow botting ​​​ also, obviously nerf will need to be removed for anb only, or anb buffed heavily to offset... also will need to reset the locks/quests on peoples story mode like you did before...

heroic story mode : heavy buff difficulty, slightly buff rewards... i already feel the hate l​​​​ol... but honestly it feels by my testing, that heroic mode matches up with about trial lvl 35... that should be buffed to match more with trial lvl 60 difficulty...

legendary story mode : you guessed it, heavy buff difficulty, heavy buff rewards... from testing, legendary story mode feels like a match to around trial lvl 55... this should be buffed to match more with trial lvl 90 difficulty...

the gauntlet : revamp of the gauntlet... this will be discussed in the tied in part 3/3 new titles, artifacts, and abyssal story mode...

already hear people saying thats wayy to hard to buff storymode lol... well before anyone gets too upset, this all still ties in, at least "slightly" with part 3/3 new titles, artifacts, and abyssal story mode... this will hopefully not be too confusing, and is meant to require little effort, for the devs, hopefully... as an infusion of buffing, added titles as rewards, and a new items called artifacts; will be used for anti botting, and to breathe life back into the main story grinding... (note: artifacts will be ultra rare, super power, items that can take residence in the shiny new artifact slot... 1 slot/hero... this will be discussed in nxt section... however, they will be uncraftable, and only obtained through heroic or higher story/gauntlet play at small percentage to drop (say 0.1% at heroic, for example) and they will be only usable in story mode and the gauntlet as well... lb's wont allow entry to lb, like if connection is lost.. this way competition is not affected by uncraftable super rare/powered items artifacts will help with the difficulty of legendary and abyssal story mode/gauntlet play.

any thoughts are welcome, just keep in mind we are not here to discuss exploits and/or how to openly use them... this thread is meant only for constructive conversation on helping with ideas for anti botting, and for adrian and the team to read... if ther is any miss use of this thread or other threads on exploiting, or the subject of botting, or negative discussions, then travis will not hesitate to take this thread down completely... please be respectful to the devs, and travis, and lets help out if possible

thnx much, and hope all enjoys ther season 3, and upcoming anb events!!!
    Last edited by 13ft shadow; 03-28-2020, 04:22 AM.
    TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
    Makina "The Corpse Princess" - stalker bh
    Sabre - dw warrior
    Shadowiiix - arcanist mage

There's very little I agree with here.
    1. Item drops are the very core of any dungeon crawler, and guess where Newbs start playing. I've recently followed several Newbs progress and Many of them have struggled to complete Normal mode without "Vet" help on the forums and/or Discord. This makes me wonder how other Newbs are faring. In fact I have hundreds of Newbs in my "game friends list" that clearly stopped playing without ever reaching level 70.
    2. Changing "Aspects" within the game will NOT stop botters (I can prove it) but can easily aggravate players. I for one HATE the random spawn.
    3. There are other ways of limiting botting but they are all server side and require far more resources than our Dev team have available.

As an example: it took Supercell (Clash of Clans with 500+Million Downloads) years to put systems in place that were marginally effective against their "Botting community". Every wall the developers raised against botting was very quickly overcome by the botters. It's been a few years since I last played Clash of Clans and my memory is not what it once was. but some of the things SuperCell tried.
    1. Regular changes in "pallet colors" to disrupt pixel searches. Bots would be down for no more than a day or two.
    2. Limit online playtime. Bots simply implemented a randomized schedule.
    3. Detection of repetitive player action. Bots randomized EVERYTHING.

What players need to understand is:
    Botters THRIVE on the challenge to beat the system. This IS the game for them and it is often more fun than the game itself.
    We as players need our devs to remain focused on developing the game we love to play and remove OUR focus (another of the botters incentives) from the botters.

I've not even touched on the Diablo Bots. Do I really need to? Blizzard is HUGE and they still have their bots.

OK Wife wants coffee. I better get on it or I'll have Mrs Grumpy for the rest of the day.
    RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

• Coldet
      Coldet commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Wife - Happy Gaming

• MristerX
      MristerX commented
      Editing a comment
      Im completly with you. The Botters will always find a way to bot. So focus on the game for the "normal" players.

• 13ft shadow
      13ft shadow commented
      Editing a comment
      sorry, but don't think the opinions on how botting can be prevented in eternium, matter much, from people who don't even take the time to understand how/where bots are utilized in eternium... not recommenfing people learn how to bot... but ur opinions mean little, when you don't even fully understand the situation... you know nothing about other forum like naver, and what goes on ther/talked about ther.. and you have no idea what the devs/ other players have already been through, involving bots with this game, and players who have been accused/turned in... ther is a large community eating up lb spot with multiple botted accounts... you go ahead and convince urself it doesn't matter... LOL

out of all the people on this forum, why am i not suprised coldet is the 1st one who disagrees ​​ LMAO

now, not to be confrontational, as i understand your confusion, and will try help better explain your concerns... also, ther is very little you said, that i agree with, either... i question how much understanding you have of bot capabilities, and bot detection...

while you are correct that server side online, can detect most/all cheating. that said, online only will nvr happen with this game, and ther are good reasons they are avoiding it... just look how online only games have faired... and with offline capabilities, proper detection is impossible, and is why botters are getting away with it... ther is no method that works, just ask jagex with runescape or any others who have tried, they swung at them before with things like bot nuke day... and they are now being murdered by the ever evolving botters.. you claim you can prove what you say, than do so... if sensative info than pm me. show me what you think i don't understand lol... you say far more resources than they have, i dare you to find 1 company successful at anti botting detection... i have done plenty of research... otherwise dp would just follow ther model of anti botting that works... they don't, cuz ther isnt one...

as for the newbs, i again couldn't disagree with you more... as someone who had tried to involve/help many newbs/friends in my years of playing this game, i can assure you they are not getting tired or bored cuz the drops in normal mode are not good enough... they are quitting because the psychology that dp uses to make people waste gems on things like reforge and the useless story chests, makes them angry and wanna quite... not force them to spend more $$$/time like dp thinks it will... as i said in the op, quest rewards for the main quest would be graciously buffed for newbs to reflect any losses... so i don't understand your arguement here... do you believe botters can use bots well against trial 60 difficulty setting or higher?.. at the very least it would slow them down tremendously... as for auto random starts yeah i don't think anyone likes them much... but doubt its the reason for anyone quitting... best part is, this auto random start feature could be removed, as it would no longer be needed, cuz ther would be little reason to bot main story anymore...

also while you are correct that you want to remove the botters incentives, you are incorrect in what ther incentive is... lol people focusing on them? really?.. they don't care about you, ther incentive is the mats/gold/xp/stones they bot... that is the incentive you take away...

bots are more sophisticated in the last several years than what i think you remember... what once worked, now does not... go check out clash of clans, and see what has happened with botting since you left... you call what they did marginally effective, yet, ther are thousands of players out ther who played clash of clans, that would completely disagree with you on its "effectiveness"... just saying... it would not be complicated to remove normal story drops, and make it up for newbs... it would be easy, you just don't want to loose your easy gold/stone grind

edi: also, diablo is about the worst example you could ever use... blizzard has been accused for a very long time, of purposefully allowing bots in diablo... the reason being that they have an online store that involves real world currency, to purchase items... they have put special items limited in number/game, that end up with insane real world $$$ value that people were/are willing to buy.. they allowed/allow botting cuz botters buy thousands of extra copies of diablo, to bot these real items and sell for $$$... and blizzard makes $$$ off all the extra copies sold... travis has long said, that adrian and the team, feel the online store is one of the things that ruined/ruin diablo, and will nvr allow an online store in eternium... which is awesome, imo!!!
    Last edited by 13ft shadow; 03-28-2020, 04:58 PM.
    TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
    Sabre - dw warrior

Comment

in a game that focuses on lb's, having players eating up multiple 3- 4 top 100 lb spot each with botted accounts, don't matter, and the devs shouldn't worry about it? SMH... owe well, doesn't matter if some are ignorant to this problem... all that matters is if i, or someone sparks an idea for adrian and team... that is all that is necessary... so please enjoy eternium, but if botting is not a concern to you, then i suggest you nvr even consider being unhappy with ur lb placement for the season... would hate for you to find out how many of those 2200+ cl accounts in front of you, are botted
      TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
      Sabre - dw warrior

Comment

Working...
      X