Continued Confusion Over Experience Bonuses From Crafting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continued Confusion Over Experience Bonuses From Crafting

There continues to be confusion over the first four Season XP bonuses that are related to crafting. The confusion stems from the fact that the first two bonuses "Craft 10 items" and "Craft 10 items. Quality Rare or better. Minimum level: 70" seem to only apply to jewelry crafting but the wording of the bonuses does not clearly indicate that to anyone. This wording has been the same since Season 1 and every season there are posts from players that are confused that they have crafted lots of gear without getting credit for the items.

The way the bonuses are presented? You assume that the first two bonuses are for standard gear crafting while the third is for set items and the fourth is for unique items. This is a reasonable way of interpreting the information as provided. Also, that is not the case or the bonuses are really bugged.

With the next update, could we please have the wording changed for the first two bonuses to clearly indicate that they are related to jewelry crafting only?

Having to continually address questions from, understandably, confused players just gets annoying when the issue is simple text labels.

Thank you for your consideration and a timely correction would be appreciated by all the players.

Something must have changed this season. Withput trying, I've completed all but 1 XP season crafting task (1 unique item left), and yet have made no jewlery at all. What is still confusing is why do some players not get credit for their crafting, and others (me) gets credit for completing tasks that were not performed?

Could they have eliminated jewlery requirement without letting us know it has changed?
    Last edited by RockDoc; 03-28-2020, 05:34 PM. Reason: Finished thought

Comment

The biggest question in my mind is why bother with the crafting bonuses at all? All you get is a small amount of Season Experience which is frankly extraneous. I long since completed the 20 levels without doing any crafting.

To clarify what TinMan and RocDoc have said, I just did a round of crafting (not to get the Season Experience, but to upgrade gear for a couple of my heroes). Now my Season Rewards screen shows completion of 10 Unique Items and 10 Set Items, but no progress on "Craft 10 items" or "Craft 10 items quality Rare or better". I would interpret this to mean that the first two goals mean crafting ordinary non-set, non-unique items, rather than jewelry. Again, why bother to craft stuff you don't want to keep?

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        That crafting just for season experience is a complete waste is well established. The issue is that every season players come to the Forum saying that they did not get credit for the crafting they did. Having to help new players every season gets annoying when the fundamental issue is that the text does not specify jewelry for the first two bonuses which seem to be what they are specific to.

I have not seen anyone say that crafting specifically for the bonus is something that you should do.

During the first season I worked diligently on completing all the season XP bonuses not realizing that all are obtainable with regular playing and crafting. Now I don't pay any attention to bonuses. Still get them, but don't focus on doing them.

Comment

Looks like the first 2 bonuses can be fulfilled by crafting rare or better gear and not jewelry. I crafted no jewelry but did craft a number of rare EG gear pieces and IMs for my gold miner. So I'm guessing they are what met those bonuses.
        Last edited by RockDoc; 03-30-2020, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X