Add “Backpack” tab to each character for alternate gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add “Backpack” tab to each character for alternate gear

With the announcement of more gear upcoming, there has been an increase in discussion of the need for more stash space, and the possibility of a separate chest for each character. I think I have a better and cleaner solution. Each character has 3 tabs: Inventory, Abilities, and Team. The simplest solution in my mind is to add a 4th tab which would look like inventory, but would not be active - that is it would not receive items you pick up. I would call it a “”Backpack”, but the name doesn’t matter. What this would do is allow each character to carry multiple sets of gear (12 each possible for each setup now, and apparently 16 in the future). So an 8x8 grid like Inventory would allow you to safely store up to 4 alternate gear setups for each character.

Everyone has at least 2 full sets of gear for each character (XP and push), and possibly a XG set as well. And with all the new and different gear sets, it is very likely that you will want to save gear for alternate sets. So for example, a BH could switch from Assault to Stalker, and/or to Havoc or the new Demolitionist gear without having to use the limited Stash chest space. To me the gear just logically is linked to a character type, so it makes more sense to be in a tab on the character than in a chest. Let the Stash chest be reserved for common items that are shared between characters like gemstones, high rolled jewelry, & some shared gear like capes or other items.

I think everyone agrees that more inventory/stash space is needed, and to me this makes the most sense. The devs could make is expensive to open the additional rows for inventory in the “backpack” tab - either cost in gold or gems. This would encourage people to buy more gear, and try out different gear sets, and to me it would result in increased play time and probably real money spent in order to open the “backpack” rows and build all the additional gear. Seems like a win-win for both the Devs and the players to me.

Also - at least for now, I use 4 of the 6 Stash tabs for high rolled near perfect jewelry to use for crafting. I use one tab for Gemstones, and that leaves me only 1 tab (plus a few empty spaces) for alternate gear. So I end up carrying my most valuable push gear with level 75-77’s and CT’s in each character’s Inventory space. My biggest fear is that some time I will accidentally salvage a high level piece of gear. In fact, I think I already did it once accidentally when I double clicked a piece I meant to salvage and equipped it - so that the salvage action salvaged my high level push gear item instead. It would be great to have a safe place to store push gear where you know you would not accidentally salvage or equip them.

I think I’ve suggested something like this before, but I’m hoping that with the new gear coming out, both the Devs and players will consider this idea more seriously.
    iOS Mobile player: iPad Pro, and iPhone XS Max

Would be a nice addition since I also have 1 additional tab for extra's and with the new gear it will get crowded.
    I do hope that gear once placed in the backpack is also removable again for something else then just putting it on, or salvaging it, like swapping gear to a new character you are playing with and so on.

Comment

This is a good idea, and I also thought of something like tab for gemstones, drops, quest items so items will be sorted as crafting materials is separate from the main inventory.

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 salvage materials sort nicely by themselves. It would be most excellent if gemstones had a separate inventory space that automatically sorted them just like salvaged materials do!!!

• Coldet
        Coldet commented
        Editing a comment
        Adding to this it would also be great if the Materials could be "Forged" Like the gemstones without having to go through the crafting system.

Love it. Great idea. Chest should be more for common items between all classes. This solves it easily and effectively, even with the amount of new gear this would give every one the space they need. I would rather have my extra sets on my character anyway! easier to experiment.
      Even if it costs gems expand all of my "backpack" slots, I would do this in a heartbeat.

Comment

Whatever called extra place for a bunch of items is a really needed thing.

Comment

With the new content just around the corner, i am hoping that the developers have not forgotten to consider increasing our storage capacity in some way !!!!

Comment

OK - with all the new gear, could we get a few more likes for my suggestion of a backpack storage tab for each character. I think it is the simplest way to increase storage for new gear and keep it with the relevant hero. To me it is a win-win for both players and developers, and should be very easy to implement. If you agree, please add some likes so maybe this will get some Dev attention.
            iOS Mobile player: iPad Pro, and iPhone XS Max

Comment

Now that I have had a chance to test beta. Please give us more storage. Many will pay $$$$$$$ for this gladly. Hard to test all the new stuff with no room to store it !!!
              Name your price Devs, I will pay it.

Comment

7string, +1 for the backpack suggestion. As a Steve Vai fan, +10 for your username.

Comment

Working...
                X