No announcement yet.

Suggestion: "Framerate Limit ON" shouldn't be a choice, but should always be on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion: "Framerate Limit ON" shouldn't be a choice, but should always be on

This would solve the problem that a high performance PC and monitore is absolute mandatory for a high leaderboard score.
    60fps is definitely resonable for a mayority of players and it would be a easy change without high programming effort.

PS: Most probably this topic is already adressed but I could not find it in this forum.

It would, if it is possible to keep it at a steady 60fps (for systems that are capable of that).

I've also suggested this as something for the devs to consider, but perhaps it is harder to implement properly. The thing is, we don't know the effort required and the implications. Which is why some feedback from the devs will be very much appreciated

What I mean is that even if your instance is capable of keeping >60fps all the time, if you put the framerate cap on, it can drop lower. E.g. my PC now keeps 90-110 normally, and never <60. With the fps limit on, it tries to keep 63-65, but drops down to 45-50. The game behaves (quite) differently at 64 and 45. Also lower than 60 feels noticeably worse to play - more laggy and unresponsive.

Ideally, more real-life time checks should be made for the current framerate-dependent skills & procs. E.g. for mage a cap on singularity hits per second would keep the stormblade and LoH procs steady. Again, I have no idea how feasible this is, and if it would have some negative effects, so I do hope we hear what the devs think
    Last edited by bojck; 06-20-2020, 06:53 AM.
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

Also, a good monitor is absolutely NOT required for a good leaderboard placement. There are a lot of discussions in discord about that
      Mage: Anba
      Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

Working...
      X