hold and attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hold and attack

whenever we press the left mouse key or tap with a single finger it moves or attacks if it finds an enemy.
    on the other hand, right mouse key or double tap makes you attack in place either way;

please consider adding a feature for attacking in place with primary attacks also.

A question for you.

If I am in the middle of mob and attacking as much as I can but am finding that I am losing the battle and will shortly die, then with the primary attack set to attack in place how do I run away?

I actually wish that the secondary attack behaved like the primary and it allowed you to move or attack.

Comment

• mahara
      mahara commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually it does in a certain way if i am not mistaken. You just have to click/tap beyond the attack range and the toon will first run in the direction of the attack and when in range stop and attack. I know it's not the same but can be "exploited" so it behaves as you need.
      Another thing is there are far too many issues with attack/autoattack so it doesn't work atleast 80% of the time.

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      mahara I understand. That is what I currently do. But if the primary attack is set to attack in place, I assume that ability to flee would not longer work.

Sure that sounds good too, having some consistency across both attack features.

I personally started to feel this feature was required because of abilities like Rapid fire, which only affects the primary ability. Meaning if i bind an ability to primary and lethal to secondary, it will not fire my lethal shots. Though, in battle most of the time i end up using my secondary ability because that gives attack in place option.
    If i use my main ability, a lot of the time i just end up running into the mob and die (Especially if i am using my PC to play).

In a lot of ARPG games on PC, this feature is created using hold the "SHIFT" key feature. You hold it down along with your attack and you dont move.
    Now, i understand this cannot be directly implemented, however, if a cool and creative solution can be suggested for the same, that would be awesome.

on similar lines, a feature could be thought of for differentiation towards "Move" or "Move and Attack" or "Attack in place".

Comment

I confirm the issue for PC players - maybe my hands or mouse are inaccurate, but I ran into NPCs instead of shooting them way too many times. It is like your left click has to be pixel-perfect in order to start shooting. On the other hand, quite often I could not run away from the mob because the game considered my left clicks as attacks (too many NPCs on the screen). Separating moving and attacking would be a great solution.

Comment

• mahara
        mahara commented
        Editing a comment
        There are very old posts (3 or more years old? not really sure) that suggest that targeting was much more accurate, to the point it was hard to target anything, so the solution was to enlarge the hitbox of all the mobs hence being unable to accurate attack anything.
        That's the biggest issue number 1 i know of.

The second biggest issue being autotargeting (and that possible may be issue number 1)

Even if you have turned autoattacking off your toon will still autotarget and autoattack.
        If you are attacking you just click/tap in the middle of nowhere and your toon will run to that point and stop attacking (unless you accidentaly manage to hit that enlarged hitbox)
        But if you cast any ability no matter where (even buffs such as time warp) your toon will start attacking again and what's the worst part, it won't start attacking the nearest target but in 99.9% of the time it wil go for the (and here i am wildly speculating) probably last target attacked or any target close to it so if you have attacked targets behind you and then ran forward to gather more targets and decided to attack them with spell and not basic attack you would often find out that your toon just ran into the gathered targets behind you because it targeted (preferably) the slowest zombie which is so far behind enemy lines that your toon just made it's 100th suicide run this day and you are just shutting off your device in pure frustration and wondering why do you still have this game installed

The same thing happens on mobile. At least half of the times I die, it’s because I run headfirst into my enemies instead of attacking like I intended. Trying to aim at a specific individual target on a small touchscreen is next to impossible. This is why I end up using my secondary attack as my primary.

Comment

i was thinking of a possible solution to this and here it is

for Mobile -
        (1)TAP should be move/attack and double tap should be attack in place.
        (2) switching skills should be a gesture, so basically everytime you do the gesture you change from primary attack to secondary. and vice versa

For PC -
        (1)in similar fashion, left click and right click should be move/attack or attack in place
        (2)and a new shortcut key like Q to do said gesture.

Maybe even add this gesture to global cooldown, for balance...

what say?

Comment

Working...
        X