Glory on Daily Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glory on Daily Quest

I believe you need to be connected to the internet to be able to at least accept daily quests from NPCs, this consumes data (for mobile/bulk data users).

Together with the rewards we get from daily quests (20 gems, 10k gold, 200k XP to be exact), can I humbly suggest to add at least 1 Glory point as a reward for every effort finishing daily quests? It will be a great motivation to be connected to the internet most of the time.
    Last edited by Loreg; 07-13-2020, 11:54 PM.
    Eternium ID: FULU KONU ROFE 9542

"Look me in the eye."

Trouble is, I think they have lost the Daily script and can’t edit it anymore. It’s the only explanation I can find for the daily’s being stuck on outdated rewards for more than 3 years.
    RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

For real? Maybe they can have additional script for Daily Quest, say put it to NPC Liana since she is the Recipe Seller, a solo daily quest just from her. Say we can get at least 1 (or 3 or 5 depends on how kind the devs are ) Glory after finishing her quest.

I am not a game developer so I don't know if that's possible, but still "If there's a will, there's a way". Just a suggestion anyways.

"Look me in the eye."

Comment

Originally posted by Coldet View Post
        Trouble is, I think they have lost the Daily script and can’t edit it anymore. It’s the only explanation I can find for the daily’s being stuck on outdated rewards for more than 3 years.
        I just think it’s not a priority. Maybe if someone figures out how to hack the daily quests the devs will think it’s worth updating.

Comment

Loreg I would not to see expect any changes that speed up the flow of Glory. It was designed as "event" currency which would slow down players ability to open the new crafting recipes. The game gets a bit dull once nearly everyone has endgame level gear, so the developers are deliberately slowing down access to players being able to craft the new gear. Adding higher level gear and rebalancing gear sets are ways to keep the game fresh. Speeding up access to the new gear just makes the game go stale faster.

On the positive side, the grind has new meaning again. While you cannot just craft what you want, you can still grind trials to get the gear drops. For those of us who have been playing since long before the major crafting upgrade, it has a similar feel to the original game. Back then, the only way to get what you wanted was to grind until you got the drop you wanted. It is much slower than the "craft what you want right away" approach, but since the major crafting update, the game had swung too far toward an emphasis on crafting everything. The introduction of Glory, while it clearly rustled a lot of newer players feathers, has swung the pendulum back toward making the grind meaningful again, which has been a complaint of long-term players for quite a while.

Comment

• Stusmith50
            Stusmith50 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree with this. Relatively new player (12 months). Liking the fact that trial drops are not auto salvaged at the moment, and I'm not missing the crafting lottery. Don't mind the slow trickle of Glory that facilitates this.

• Anjaeka
            Anjaeka commented
            Editing a comment
            Glory and the problems that monetizing it creates, is not just an issue for the new players. It’s also not simply a matter of “We want it all now” as you have indicated in other comments. Several veteran players have voiced concerns about the way that the new currency and update have been handled. I don’t want to keep beating that dead horse, but I also don’t want to be misinterpreted.

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
          so the developers are deliberately slowing down access to players being able to craft the new gear.
          Why did you emphasized the craft part? Are you implying that they did not also intentionally cripple the loot drop system?
          My inventory full of lvl70-72 "Lucky underwear of malice" items after countless runs of TL120s, has an objection.
          I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

• Ozymandius
            Ozymandius commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, I tackled the slowdown of drop rates in version 1.5.5 in a separate post. I am still trying to get an Assassins Belt to drop for my BH, and I have yet to complete a full set of the new gear for BH (5 pieces of Demolitionist), Warrior (4 pieces of Fury), or Mage (1 piece of Stormcaller). I have had more luck getting several different types of talisman/brooch drops, and I have at least one Bracer of Mastery and unique belt for each hero class.

I emphasized "craft" here because Glory only unlocks the ability to craft a specific piece of the new gear. With patience, you can still get gear drops. I did manage to get level 77 Demolitionist Gloves to drop.

So, after getting all recipes (for like what? 2-3 months playing?) from the Recipe Trader, NPC Liana is somewhat worthless to the game already (Daily Quest, sure). So giving her 1 Glory as part of her daily quests reward ain't that bad (ain't that good also, but still acceptable), since she's the "Recipe Trader" after all. She must be able to somehow give us a chance to get those Glory Recipes. Paying for the internet connection to be able to accept daily quests is not free (even the word paying is there already). So why not give it a chance?

"Look me in the eye."

Comment

Working...
          X