Suggestion for story mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for story mode

As a story mode lover, I have an idea for story mode that sort of hit me when Orion_134 reposted Jose's Dyoma Crown post. I realized the reason I've never competed for trial level is that I hate trials and, from day one, I've only ever used trials to farm gear.

There is a normal, heroic, and legendary story mode level; why not add a fourth? 'Ultra' or something. The difficulty could be like a high level trial (120-ish...I don't know) and the gear drops would be scaled, so legendary gear drops from the bosses.

I'm not a software engineer, but it doesn't seem like this would really take much in the way of configuration and it would add some real fun to story mode in my opinion.

Does anyone else think something like this would be fun or am I way out in left field lol?
    DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

I had a similar idea a while back. Making story scale like trials. Then, once they add it, it would scale as equipment and rewards scale.
    Can we get TL like difficulty levels for Story mode. Where the difficulty increases and drops / chests do as well? Then player can select the level and level is limited by TL acheived. The standard fodder should already be able to do that from the TL and several of the bosses do as well. It would just be nice for a change of

Comment

• Arawn
      Arawn commented
      Editing a comment
      I totally missed your post! This is a great idea. Would love to see it happen

• Allunra
      Allunra commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries. Seems Shade had an even older post. Any momentum to get dev notice seems good.

Death mode — exp, gold and drops will be scaled to the highest trial in any of your hero on your account reached.

Comment

I posted a suggestion like this back in 2019. Others added some awesome suggestions in the discussion that ensued. Shortly after making that post, weapon effects and item skins were introduced, but I suspect it was only a coincidence.

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ode#post139029
      Last edited by Shade Glow; 10-05-2020, 06:10 AM.
      BH: Shade
      Mage: Muse
      Warrior: Shade

For a list of guides I've created, click here.

Comment

• Allunra
        Allunra commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice. You should get some pull with the devs for all the time you've put into this game.

• Arawn
        Arawn commented
        Editing a comment
        Shade Glow That is literally what I just requested lol. I had no idea you had made that request too! And Coda linked to an even older post with a similar request. It's nice to know that so many people want a more difficult/ challenging story mode with greater rewards. I wonder why the devs haven't made something like that then? I don't really think it would take much configuration and it seems like it's something that a lot of us would enjoy

• Shade Glow
        Shade Glow commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think it would be profitable on its own, but if they add some new titles that people can unlock by completing that content, perhaps it would. Challenging new content with unique rewards would be great. I really think they could do a lot more with titles. Considering that we can display them on the LB, titles are one of two ways that we can show off our past achievements, effects and skins being the other.
    Working...
    X