Companions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Companions

So I spent some gems on companions this ANB because I had mostly only used the Story companions. Here’s what I think and I will be curious what others think.

The Wizard is useless. In what scenario in this game do you want to disperse a mob you just collected... randomly scatter at that. Maybe something like Mage Arcanist that is more single target damage? What was the reasoning? I think the Wizard was blowing critters off the map. I have that return to attacking after moving turned on. Sometimes after a Wizard explosion my hero would start running to the edge of the map when there was nothing visible there. If you must have an explosion then make it work more like Shock Wave which is directional and sort of gathers mobs when it hits. Or maybe like Leap, where the wizard picks up close by mobs and drops them. Or... I dunno.... anything other than that useless scatter explosion he has.

Healers are great for their purpose. vortex can be used by a variety of builds in different ways.

Archers are also useful with a variety of builds. Their Multishot isn’t so great, but their freeze move can be really useful on some builds.

Marcus and Norgrim... give them a second Aura that works in trials. Is their damage reduction OP or something?

The Tavern companions aren’t cheap. Please make them work with the rest of the excellent game.

Originally posted by Naktl View Post
    The Tavern companions aren’t cheap. Please make them work with the rest of the excellent game.
    That's a very good point. DP might be able to sell Xagan if he didn't scatter enemies. The bonus AR he provides would be incredibly useful for some builds. AR is the most important attribute for the meta Warrior build.
    BH: Shade
    Mage: Muse
    Warrior: Shade

For a list of guides I've created, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Naktl View Post
      The Wizard is useless... <snip> The Tavern companions aren’t cheap. Please make them work with the rest of the excellent game.
      +1. Excellent point
      WIZA KIZO YIJO 1935

Comment

Working...
      X