Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible button placement improvement

Game Version: 1.5.32

I would like to make a suggestion to improve the positioning of the buttons(inventory and settings buttons currently located in the bottom left), the ones shown here in this photo of my smarthphone screen that I think may be the same case of many other devices:
    **First attachment image**

The problem is that these bottom buttons on the left side mentioned above can be activated by the "A" part of the hand(thumb torso) by accident shown in the image below while the player uses the "B" part of the hand(thumb) shown in the same image (this image is of an adult hand on a 720x1520 screen):
    **Second attachment image**

So I have the following positioning suggestions to the aforementioned buttons, in this first suggestion the two buttons are placed on the top left to be activated with the tip of the finger normally used (the "B" part of the hand, thumb):
    **Third attachment image**

In this second suggestion only one of the buttons is placed at the top(can be exchanged for each other, maybe the inventory is better below), so there will not be two functions at the bottom to be randomly activated by accident, there will only be one button to be activated on purpose (with the "A" part of the hand, thumb torso), although the first suggestion is best in my opinion for the "A" part of the hand(thumb torso) usually not being as easy to control as the "B" part of the hand(thumb):
    **Fourth attachment image**

Apparently I have no problem with the quest button below the right side shown in the images, maybe because I am not "left-handed" or the black part outside the game(second attachment image) be bigger on this side.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nirak; 01-01-2021, 11:14 PM.

Interesting! That's a really good suggestion. In addition to minimizing the accidental button presses, the top is a much more natural location. Currently, I have to move my whole hand if I want to press the "settings" or "inventory" buttons. If they were at top, they'd be much more comfortable and easily accessible.

Also (just curious about different play styles and methods of interacting with the phone screen): You said you're not left-handed?

I'm right-handed and play with my right hand. My left hand supports the phone, with the left thumb resting on the phone's top left corner. It doesn't move much or interact with the screen. While I haven't had the issue you describe, I can see how it would easily happen, especially for players that are left-handed or use both hands to play. That sounds incredibly frustrating to deal with!

Comment

Originally posted by Sistersalvation View Post
      Also (just curious about different play styles and methods of interacting with the phone screen): You said you're not left-handed?
      Yes i'm right-handed, i play with both hands, the right hand in the photo was photographing.
      The problem raised in the topic happened more when I put my left finger away from the left side of the screen, but it can also be a temporary problem to me since I'm still adapting to this screen and now I'm holding the phone further away from the thumb trunk, but I still prefer the two buttons on the top left.
      Last edited by Nirak; 01-01-2021, 12:05 PM.

Comment

That makes sense. I was also wrong about playing completely one-handed--I played after posting and realized I use my left thumb as well, though considerably less frequently than my right.

My phone also has a larger segment of non-interactive space (for lack of a better term) on the top of the phone compared to the bottom, due to the camera, speaker, etc., on the top (which I hold to the left when the phone is horizontally oriented). That could be making a difference, especially if your device has less of a margin.

Comment

Working...
        X