Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few suggestions to help reduce player frustration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few suggestions to help reduce player frustration.

I've been playing for a few years now and I'm happy to say that most major problems have been addressed by the devs. I have a few suggestions, most of which you've probably already noticed.

1) Item level should just go on up to 80. Playing with the crafting RNG to get to 77 is too time-intensive and, since jewelry is still 70, it should be brought up to 80 as well. Once every piece of gear is the same level, please don't do this +7 levels feature again.

If we're going to keep seeing regular ANB's, there's just no need for it. If you want striation among the hard-core and casual players for e-peen reasons, just make it more difficult to make perfect items.

2) When you've completed a level more than five times and enter it for dailies or farming, the start point becomes randomized. This results in the erasure of surrounding mobs, which is annoying and can glitch the quest and even the level itself. Please stop doing this.

3) Aggro is unpredictable and inconsistent. If this is intentional, okay, but if not, having to run back to the beginning of the level to kill a slow-moving mob because you otherwise can't exit is very annoying.

I played back when mobs stayed aggroed all the time, and now it happens just infrequently enough that I think it's probably a glitch. At any rate, it definitely takes away from the experience.

4) Clicking or touching an area that your character can't reach shouldn't cause the character to move at all. There are plenty of levels with void areas at the edge that are still clickable as destinations even though your character can't reach them. Please either let the character fall off the edge into nothingness and die, or set the void zones as default to the nearest spot of land... which we were trying to click on anyway.

Thanks for reading and for your consideration.

1) So you want to do 512 crafts to get a lvl 80 item? I don't get it... Plus we have put a lot of time into crafting 77s already, it doesn't make any sense to throw all these items for no reason.

2) This is done to make botting harder.

3) Totally agree.

4) This would be a nuisance for gold farming.
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• Vicarius
      Vicarius commented
      Editing a comment
      1) I think I agree with RAFERS102 below, that player level should also just be raised to level 80. The fact that we've put so much time into crafting 77's already is something that, if you ever played WoW at any point, you got used to accepting once a new level cap was introduced. We went from having the best available gear to having blues that were better than the ones we'd spent so long perfecting.

I'm only suggesting this because the current system is ridiculous. Having the gear level be 7 levels higher than the character level cap purely so that people who spend hundreds of hours of farming for one or two elusive pieces can have better gear than anyone else results in an accomplishment that is a result of the amount of time willing to be sacrificed, not skill or any other factor.

2) I have no problem with the randomization for its own sake, only with the erasure of some of the mobs, which results in both having some mobs disappear and also getting stuck somewhere I can't move. If this is a trap for bots, even with those factors, then non-bot players are being punished for someone else's bots

3) Woohoo! Agreement ftw.

4) I don't actually want to fall off the edge. The other option is obviously the better one.

• kurtcabage
      kurtcabage commented
      Editing a comment
      Vicarius please change your suggestion tittle to just -> A few suggestions

because raising level cap will require player to spend more time to grinding again and it's not "reduce player frustration" IMO

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      Well where does 2) matter except for 'cleansing the ponds'? Getting stuck at the start of a level happens once in several thousand tries, and you can just portal out or abandon.

4) is indeed annoying when you navigate some narrow bridges in story mode. My point is that the suggestion to not move when clicking on a spot you can't go to would lead to more deaths in trials and will slow down story mode running/gold farming. Moving in the direction of the click in this case sounds good.

1) Ah ok, you want don't want to craft lvl 80 items starting from 70 : ) Btw there's quite some skill and planning involved in crafting 77s. In anb it takes a few hours for each 77, so hundreds of hours is stretching it too far... I mean if it takes one player 30 hours in the season to get all 76s and 77s, and another player needs 500 hours to do the same, perhaps there is some skill involved? I do agree that currently drops are quite useless end-game, except for salvaging, and there's no real point in farming higher trials. Dropped item levels do go higher, but it's still an inferior way of getting good gear than crafting, so there's no real incentive to play the trials between xp farming difficulty and your max trial. Regarding the item cap - it will be nice to refresh our gear at some point, but not just recrafting the absolute same items 3 levels higher...

The big point for me here would be the Lv80. If we do that.....again. Then I think we should put the hero level up to 80 as well. Reduce the RNG of lv80 crafted items. Or actually improve the drop rate of higher level items in line with the TL. Many moons ago the devs said that the drop rate was better at higher TL's, this is just not true on a noticeable scale. Putting everything up to 80 and removing the exploits would mean the current leaderboard could stand as people could push higher. It could be something as simple as any TL160+ grants at least one item lv75-80. Meaning you've always got a 1 in 6 chance of a lv80. This would not make the game massively easy as you still would have the RNG on the item and the stats twinned with the TL difficulty. Don't get hung up on the TL160+, with lv80, it may be 170 or 180 depending on how much that increase gives in TL completability.

Could even go radical and start making Misty Island useful for somthing and make that the only way you can get from lv70 to 80. Obviously beef up the difficulty, maybe extend the level to include more bosses. Even all the bosses one after another and you can't use CP's or medals and not allowed to die. Just thinking outside the box. Still use the key system on main. In AnB, no key and misty island is just unlocked for use at a certain point.

Or it could be challenge based, loads of ways you can implement this.

Or to unlock lv70+, you have to do something across all three types of toon, similar to that of recipes.

Just ideas to potentially add a bit of diversity to the game.
    Last edited by ; 03-24-2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Vicarius
      Vicarius commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm all for keeping the difficulty of high-level gear, and you make some great suggestions. I just get annoyed at having it be 100% a time factor, based on how long you're willing to grind it out. No skill involved whatsoever.

Loving the ideas for Misty Island, and thanks for all the suggestions. Good stuff.
Working...
X