Equalize cost across essence crafting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equalize cost across essence crafting

Why does it cost 100 gold to create one essence, but it costs 5,000 gold to shatter same essence? That's 50x the amount of gold to do essentially the same thing, except in reverse. Likewise, it costs 1,000 gold to create a greater essence, but it costs 10,000 gold to shatter same greater essence.

The cost of converting essences alone is an exorbitant amount of crafting costs. It would be nice if the cost to shatter equaled the cost to create
    DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Best I can tell, the whole point is to create shortages of certain essences (e.g., Fire which you need for CD and XP). Then you are forced to farm gold to pay to transmute your worthless surplus of Water or Earth essences into Fire essences. Seems like if you run Fire Lily you will always runs short on Shadow essence [Power & AR] and if you run CR/CD build you always run short of Fire essences. I am pretty sure that I have never run out of any of the other essences, though I may have come close with Air essence [Haste & Movement Speed].

Comment

• Kardinaal
      Kardinaal commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely always low on shadow essences with 3 different lilly based shield builds in testing. That and earth from all the blocking, armour, vit. But you wouldn’t need as many for fire lilly mages

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I mostly play BH these days, so not as much need for Earth essence.

Any crafter/builder IRL knows the following. To assemble, build, or construct takes half the time and a quarter of the skill to disassemble the same item. (When you use anything other than screws). So it sorta mimicks real life in that it takes more skill and time this money to take it apart than to put it together.
    I do agree with cost but. It is a bit much to shatter things.

Fire Lilly builds are always short on Air and Shadow. Always. Power, and haste on everything AR to 1500. And taking 10-60 tries per slot. Ugg.

Comment

Working...
    X