Side Quests Don't Make Sense Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Quests Don't Make Sense Now

[I am going to leave aside the rationale of moving them to after full completion of Normal Story mode just prior to the Steam release - I simply assume that among the expected inundation of support demand, this was one which could just be avoided by moving them]

I finally transferred a character into my main from an ANB and so I hadn't had any experience with the Side Quests since them moving.

They make no sense now!

Say what you may about the story, but the narrative of the Side Quests is all out of whack. They don't make any sense after having run through the entire existing story line.

An odd re-write of the script(s) of the quests might fix that I guess, but that isn't the only problem, nor do I see it as the biggest problem.

None of the Quest rewards make much sense any more.

XP / Gold / Gems are all out of alignment with a character which has completed the full story line (and would now be getting 5 x 20 Gems per day plus gold/XP that are bigger than the side quests).

The glaring example of out of alignment quest rewards is The Lefthand Brotherhood. The quest reward - a ring from Morgan only makes sense in the course of running through at the time - as an introduction of adding stats via the ring. You are now given this ring long after Morgan has issued you the "Craft a piece of Jewelry" and "Fuse" quests.

The same can be said for the rest of the rewards (Mushroom Stew / Ethereal Iced Tea / other Jewelry) - they just don't make sense in terms of getting them AFTER the completion of the story - since they (and their stories) are designed to go along with the progression through the story the first time.

I hope that y'all will seriously consider restoring them to being in-line with the main story quest (or completely re-write their stories and re-code rewards which make sense now)

... KTB

Thanks! I've mentioned this too in other posts, and most players I've spoken with are in agreement, so I'm not sure why the devs have kept the changes to the side quests.

Comment

Maybe if we keep this on the Dev's radar, they will make a correction. It certainly feels weird not to have the side quests as an experienced player. My beef was that the side quest rewards are meaningless once you are running Heroic story level, plus they were helpful in ANBs. I am running two new heroes through the full start-from-scratch during ANBs. I think that the Devs made the change to shift more rewards into Heroic level since Alarion isn't handing out as many quests at that level. Probably would have been better to just add some more rewards instead of moving existing rewards to fill the gap.

Comment

• Kristoff
        Kristoff commented
        Editing a comment
        Teebs It's not a big deal for those of us who've been playing for a while, but I thought the devs wanted to be more accommodating towards new players?

• Teebs
        Teebs commented
        Editing a comment
        Kristoff ,

I agree that the side quests are negligible (particularly outside of ANB) to established players (including those who have finished Normal Story through Map 55 - which makes moving the side quests until after the completion an incoherent move).

However, I think the Side Quests as they were prior to the move were a combination of valuable narrative / tutorial / reward for new players.

• Kristoff
        Kristoff commented
        Editing a comment
        Teebs Yes, that's my point exactly! Why make it harder on new players if they want more people to play?

Don’t worry, problem will be solved soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1341A4D4-8C99-42D7-AB5E-B27D95F6FDF9.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	207141
      Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
      Eternium Files

Comment

• Teebs
        Teebs commented
        Editing a comment
        'The food is terrible and the portions are so small'

• Kristoff
        Kristoff commented
        Editing a comment
        Miss Hannigan: And we're not having hot mush today...

Orphans: Yay!

Miss Hannigan: We're having cold mush.

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        "NO, that's just what they will be expecting us to do."
    Working...
    X