Mark of the Oracle drop rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark of the Oracle drop rate

MotO drop rate is far too low. I had to use about 6,000 gems purchasing Celestial crates to craft a 77 Legacy item, even using Pythia. That's not a problem for me as I've been playing for quite a long time and have a lot of gems but that's a real 77 barrier for newer players. No one should have to spend even half that many gems just to craft an item.
    DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

It is quite off-putting. People that play the game realize that. Unfortunately...nevermind, you know where I'm headed.

Comment

Drop rate is low, true... but where do the 6,000 come from? During ANB you only need 2 celestial crates, maybe 4 if you gamble on an early 77 that turned out to be a miss. That's 800, not 6,000 and assuming no salvageable drops and no luck with the crate.

Comment

• netonha
        netonha commented
        Editing a comment
        Each celestial create cost 200 gems. It gives you 1 or 2 Mark of Oracle. You need 64 to have 100% chance to craft a 77. 64*200 = 12800 gems.

• Halbrad
        Halbrad commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, I  think you don't use pythiacrafting ? It helps you predict when a 77 is likely. No need to spend your marks on items that almost certainly end up as 72s or 73s. With help of pythia, I got my 77 cape in the first anb possible without spending any gems at all.

• Arawn
        Arawn commented
        Editing a comment
        Crafting outside of ANB you need 8 MOTOs for a legacy cape. Whenever I purchase a celestial crates I typically only get one MOTO.

I've rolled 77s when Pythia has predicted only a 3% chance, so anytime I have a 3% chance or higher I craft my actual item

It adds up

Yes, i never used pythia. I see people talking about, but never tried. I like the hard way.

Comment

• Swamp Donkey
        Swamp Donkey commented
        Editing a comment
        It's mad not to use Pythia when crafting any legacy item. If it were not for Pythia, I would be 20k gems deep per AnB. Even with Pythia, I still spend about 1000 gems on Celestial Crates just to get the XP items + push items I want.
    Working...
    X