Auto-attack should not auto-move hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto-attack should not auto-move hero

Problem: Auto-attack can auto-move the hero to close the gap with an off-screen enemy. Auto-moving hero is undesirable when we're deliberately moving in a fashion to round up mobs during trials, or simply trying to speed run something. Currently, I've disabled auto-attack in the options, but that's a shame because it's a nice feature.

Suggestion: change auto-attack to only attack enemies in range, and will never auto-move our hero for us.

I suppose everyone's entitled to a suggestion ... but I'm not so sure if there are many clamoring for the above. What exists now in design is adequate and flexible (at least for me).

I use autoattack a lot of the time ... because when I want it, all of the attack and movement functions of are -- well -- in auto. Otherwise, I can turn also turn some or all of the auto features off in certain situations, and so I play within the design constraints of the developers. The biggest issue with this is your Hero has a tendency to move back into a crowd and die if you don't override his movements. So, if you're not careful, there is some drawback.

Then there are others that mostly play with auto turned off. But you are committed to constantly move your Hero manually (which may or may not be ideal when compared with the computer selecting an attack approach). And this requires more attentive play and knowing the habits of the enemy minions, elites, and the final boss, but it's something you can certainly practice on.

And yet there are others that take what I would call a hybrid approach and selectively pick on/off for EITHER the Resume Autoattack after moving or Start Autoattack after casting functions. Again, with advantages and disadvantages to either, depending on your gameplay style. In any event, you really end up with 4 settings: "Hybrid A"-Resume after moving (only), or "Hybrid B"-Autoattack After Casting (only), Full Autoattack (both A+B on), Autoattack Off (both A+B off). PLENTY of freedom to pick one for a particular battle need.

One setting don't have to be one and done. Switching them on or off is very easy, and with enough practice in the use of these functions for a particular play will cover the vast majority of encounters.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSeven View Post
      The biggest issue with this is your Hero has a tendency to move back into a crowd and die if you don't override his movements.
      Exactly this. Separate auto-move from auto-attack will help. Another workaround would be to ensure you always target a nearby enemy, but tricky to do so manually all the time.

Comment

"Only Resume Auto-Attack Against Enemies Within Range" would be a very nice toggle option.

And you could work on the dipshyt henchmen, too...

Comment

Working...
        X