Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback after some ten days

Hi,

Here are a few things that I've noticed which may be possible for the devs to mull over. I'll try to keep it simple:

1) Elban in Trials

Elban is extremely powerful in Trials and one-hit kills anything unless you're playing Trials well below what you could/should be doing. The fact that a 2-3 x Maggie build is the only build which guarantees you'll be able to finish your Trial in case Elban appears simply isn't healthy for the game; it limits the players' options if they don't want to waste time by not being able to finish a Trial.

As a relatively new player, I've been playing with just one Maggie until yesterday and I could kill every other boss 20 levels above what I could kill Elban on. If I could kill them at level 90, my limit for Elban was about 70-75. I went and bought the second Maggie in the end and now I have to use her in every battle simply because I don't want to waste time and get no loot every time Elban spawns.

It would help if at least his drop rate was better than the rest; but ironically in my (admittedly limited) experience he usually drops worse items than the rest (I know it's RNG, but well).

He's good to get the adrenaline going and to break the monotony of beatable bosses, but in my so far limited knowledge and understanding he does seem at least twice more powerful than the rest and since he carries only additional playstyle penalties (Silence) with no greater reward, getting him as the end fight feels more like bad luck than a motivating boss fight.

In a nutshell, difficult fights aren't a problem per se; the problem is more the blanket playstyle limit he imposes on the Trials section of the game and the lack of motivation to beat him.

2) Set Items

I'd love to see a nice Set Piece in the shop every once in a while. Initially I wanted to suggest a Set Chest to be purchasable in the shop just like the one we get monthly, but on second thought I think that would detract from the game's long-term playability and the old-school style rare loot aspect that many people find appealing and addictive. It would scratch a temporary itch but eventually it would lead the people away from the game for many reasons - it gets boring fast when everything is within reach, there are "p2w" considerations with multiplayer, and so on.

As much as it pains me to say it since I've only ever found one decent Legendary set item (just today), rarity is good and it should stay where it is. But that rarity wouldn't be ruined if the shop offered a good Legendary once in a long while - perhaps with an incidence similar to how often the locked chests are said to offer them. Keep them rare and not outright purchasable and you'll keep people playing - but it's a fine line with the drop rate (I'm sure this is a "the sky is blue" kinda statement to any RPG game developer, but still).

Also, new sets with interesting new effects would be nice too. ..Just hopefully not too soon, LOL, want to get the old ones first.

Inventory Space

I have a full inventory on my Mage, just one row short of full on Warrior, three rows on Bounty Hunter and a fully unlocked Stash with all the pages and I'm not exaggerating when I say it sometimes isn't nearly enough.

There's a lot of reasons; for one, I like keeping my items neatly categorized and organized - that means that some of the space in my stash sits unused some of the time since some categories are separated from each other to keep things clearly visible. Another thing is that when you're playing, you generally want to continue playing - stopping every twenty minutes to clear your inventory and decide what to stash where breaks immersion.

I'd happily spend more gems on more stash pages, or more space in my character inventory. Out of those two, stash would be preferable but if inventory is considered instead, it should be touch-scrollable and the icons should stay the same size they are.

Subscriptions

The monthly gem subscription is amazing and it made me wonder whether it would be possible to also offer a gemstone subscription or something similar as well. Perhaps different tiers of subscriptions?

Most of us who have plans to play for a while have long term goals and subscriptions are a really good way to help us reach those. A 200 gem per day sub would also be nice; or a 100 gem and 1 gemstone lot, for example. Items would be useless here since playstyles and requirements vary so much; but gems and gemstones are general goods which are always useful in the long run. I understand that being able to get more daily gems potentially puts the purchase of other gem packs at odds with this one, so if that isn't possible perhaps at least other useful goods could be offered.

Living Items: Stormblade and Stormgun

For items which are that indispensable, powerful and difficult to replace, I don't think the in-game popup adequately explains just how much value that $1 purchase gives to the players.

I see threads about people missing out on it here all the time and you might want to consider perhaps explaining it better in the game itself just how useful it is. The thing is that it's very easy to ignore this sort of offer because most of us playing on mobile have seen it all before and people automatically assume that you just want them to pay for something that will prove useless very fast afterwards - which clearly isn't the case, but how would someone new know?

I bought Stormblade the first day when I started playing not because the game convinced me to, but because I read about it on the Wikia, various guides and finally the Forum itself. That alone tells you that something isn't working right. Consider that most people won't go and Google this, but will rather make an impulse decision on the spot then and there - and often it will be to play for some more and then see about spending money, by which point it will be too late for them to take advantage of the really good offer and too late for you to get a paying player.

Crafting

I know that the new crafting system is on the way, so I don't have much to say other than great and looking forward to it. The current system is too RNG dependent for something that takes 24 hours and gives no improvement most of the time.

Named Items

Again, it's awesome that they are little Easter Eggs and as rare as they are. Good move. Kinda reminds me of chasing hearsay rumoured items in old Elder Scrolls games, and I mean that as a big compliment - there's a great sense of rarity, value and discovery that players get out of this. But it'd be nice if their stats were somewhat better than the usual drops on average; nothing says 'ah f* it' like finally getting a named item only to discover that even a random rare has much better stats.

That's about it for now... I had some other stuff but this is the gist of it.

Edit: Edited for clarity, bolded.

The inventory will probably be increased. New attached are possible on more than 90%. Elban is a challenging boss. I don't understand why some players don't understand this. Each boss has his own battle type, and after you will learn Elban's one, it will be easy. Maybe
    I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
    Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

I think you've misunderstood me - I don't have a problem killing Elban anymore (thanks to a second Maggie), he goes down like the rest now.

And challenging bosses are just fine, no problem. It's just that he limits what people are allowed to play in Trials in ways that the other bosses don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivx View Post
        I think you've misunderstood me - I don't have a problem killing Elban anymore (thanks to a second Maggie), he goes down like the rest now.

And challenging bosses are just fine, no problem. It's just that he limits what people are allowed to play in Trials in ways that the other bosses don't.
        Yes. Maggie's are overpowered and are the main problem. I used my 3 Maggie's only.... Like in December lastly and I am not looking forward for this. Maybe one Maggie, but nothing another. It is making your gameplay so unbalanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivx View Post

Yes. Maggie's are overpowered and are the main problem. I used my 3 Maggie's only.... Like in December lastly and I am not looking forward for this. Maybe one Maggie, but nothing another. It is making your gameplay so unbalanced.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post
            Maggie is for people who don't want a challenge, you never remember the times you killed elban with Maggie, you remember the time you kill elban without. Maggie should be limited to 1 and Maggie SHOULD count towards a mobs CC meter.
            Led

The needer of Nerfs,
            The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
            HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
              Maggie is for people who don't want a challenge, you never remember the times you killed elban with Maggie, you remember the time you kill elban without. Maggie should be limited to 1 and Maggie SHOULD count towards a mobs CC meter.
              That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                I a little agree with you but please remember about people who play this game on mobile (I can play this game only on my old phone with android, problem with crashing, sometimes low fps), can you repeat all your challenges with your fingers not mouse ?

Regarding your earlier post...encrypted shiled is very nice it gives nice boost for warrior and mage. I have crappy set for my warrior (for me where I have full unique sets on mage and BH) but with encrypted shield the only problem is low damage, 70% block, some parry (I don't remmeber 20%), 40% dodge and now even I get damage is going through protection shield first

Comment

Regarding Maggie... I'm fine either way. It's great to be able to play 2 of her but I'm not gonna cry if they nerf her. I played the game mostly with one anyway, a second one is a great convenience but she isn't game breaking whether you use her or not. ...And for my part, most of these other changes such as inventory, subs, crafting, etc. are more interesting in any case.

Comment

Maggie is broken because boss special abilities are so overpowered relative to their normal attacks. If boss's were like players with normal attacks the main thing and specials as periodic boosts (not godlike automatically kill opponent) then maggie would be fine. Same with Elites, at high levels a reflective elite is more dangerous than a group of elite's main attacks so you need maggie. If those were balanced properly then maggie wouldn't be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
                      Maggie is broken because boss special abilities are so overpowered relative to their normal attacks. If boss's were like players with normal attacks the main thing and specials as periodic boosts (not godlike automatically kill opponent) then maggie would be fine. Same with Elites, at high levels a reflective elite is more dangerous than a group of elite's main attacks so you need maggie. If those were balanced properly then maggie wouldn't be needed.
                      This. Reflect aura and un-dogable 1-hitkill attacks from bosses is why maggie x2 is 100% required if you don't have nearly perfect gear completely socketed with max level gemstones. Nerf bosses and reflect aura, and maggie won't be so usefull/overpowered.
                      QEQI YAQA COZI 5645

Comment

That's a good point - if bosses were a bit more balanced (not nerfed to hell and back, just more balanced so no one hit kills without warning for example), Maggie wouldn't be that widely used.

Comment

We won't need Maggie if...

Comment

Very good suggestions here, thank you. We do plan to solve most of them:
                            - make the treasure chests more desirable
                            - Maggie silence should definitely count towards the CC meter (the resolve bar)
                            - you'll be able to buy Stormblades & Stormguns if you missed the initial offer
                            - revamp crafting
                            - add a stat reroll option on items to mitigate the bad rolls problem

Comment

What about that reroll of the stats? Isn't looting based about that you have to loot the item with the stat you are looking for? It will be easy just to switch the stats.

Comment

Working...
                              X