Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
    - add a stat reroll option on items to mitigate the bad rolls problem
    Any idea on when this might get released. This will be so good for everyone. If I am struggling to get good gear and I'm one of the better players I feel for everyone else.
    Led

The needer of Nerfs,
    The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
    HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Travis (Admin) View Post
      Once the bar fills up, CC abilities won't affect the mob/boss until the bar "cools down".
      Yes, but some abilities fill up the bar but aren't prevented when it is full. So I was wondering if Silence fell into that category or not.

And LED, it isn't flawed builds that's the problem. Not all of us have the huge number of perfect gems needed to craft perfect jewelry and socket everything. So comparing your situation to the casual player isn't apples to apples. Also, in a properly designed game you shouldn't HAVE to concentrate on vitality/armor or risk getting 1-shot.
      Last edited by BAgate; 03-06-2017, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
        So comparing your situation to the casual player isn't apples to apples. Also, in a properly designed game you shouldn't HAVE to concentrate on vitality/armor or risk getting 1-shot.
        It is apples to apples. A less geared player will not be running the same trials as a better geared. You will play at a difficulty relative to your ability. If you dont focus on vitality its not my fault you get 1 shot.

Too many players for 2 long have focused on dps above all else. Dead men do no dps.
        Last edited by Led; 03-07-2017, 12:33 AM.
        Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

It's not a matter of dps above all else, it is a matter of HAVING to tank at high difficulty which makes for a long grind. You might enjoy taking 20 minutes to kill a boss, but I don't. A more offensive build should be viable. A mixed approach should be viable. Concentrating on vitality/armor shouldn't be the only way. Again, the balance of the game is off.

And as to apples to apples, I don't play at nearly the level you do, but when a level 70 mage with a couple items with vitality gets 1-shot by Elban in story mode, that's a problem. And yes, I focused on dps for a while, because that was the ideal build which suited my style. Then the nerf happened and that requires changing your load. But when you can't run trials above enemy level 100 it takes a long time to find even minimally acceptable gear. You have perfect jewelry and the resources to build new pieces on demand. You can socket perfect gems and swap them out on demand. And you run at a high enough level that you find multiple legendaries/day. So you can pivot on a dime. When all of your attributes come from gear and you find maybe one legendary per day, switching strategy takes forever. So even if the different level compensates for difficulty, the surrounding circumstances make for significant differences.

This is not a criticism of you. You have earned your advantageous position through a ton of hard work. But your experience of the game is significantly different from most.

Comment

All im saying is vitality armor is the only way to go to avoid 1 shot. Im not saying the bosses should hit as hard as they do... but they do hit that hard.

Want to know how i got gear to get ahead. I ran severed mountian 6000 times over 4 months. Only then did i have the gear. If you dont like trials then run severed mountian. Thats what i would do if i was new...thats also what i did.
            Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Working...
            X