Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more feedback

Hi Devs,

Just a few more points of feedback to add.

1) Movement speed in the tutorial

This is hardly a major issue, but it does impact the user's first experience of the game quite a lot. The movement speed when you first open the game makes the game feel more sluggish and less responsive and therefore of a lower quality than it actually is. When I first downloaded and opened M&M some years back, it felt really slow and unresponsive compared to what I was playing at the time. Now that I'm playing it (I practically only play this), that's clearly not that case (barring the latest update) but it does feel like it still when you create a new character.

An idea - maybe a temporary flashback that could serve as a tutorial instead of level 1 would serve the game better. It could be something like a flashback of your character which you could actually play through and it would also at the same time serve as a showcase of higher powers and special effects which are attainable if the user keeps playing the game.

I've played some games in the past where the tutorial gave you a powerful version of what your character could become and in my opinion that showcase of what's achievable isn't a bad thing for a new player - it provides something to strive for.

All of that aside, what I'm trying to say I guess is that the slow pace of things in the beginning makes the game feel very sluggish for no good reason since it really generally isn't.

2) Marketing

Maybe marketing could use some more pointing out of the obvious positive differences which M&M has when compared to the other mobile RPGs out there. Like the fact that you can free roam in dungeons/worlds as opposed to many inferior RPGs which present levels as on-the-rails linear experiences. It's more of an "open world" with free movement/fight choices and a much more free loot and equipment system than most others. Honestly, the first time I read your "the next skeleton could drop a legendary!" tag line on the AppStore, I didn't believe it - I thought it was just very freely interpreted for marketing purposes. Maybe an explanation of the fact that this really is like that would be nice (some of the best drops I've ever seen were from random enemies and this is awesome and largely unheard of in mobile).

Equipment

The Adventurer's Set would benefit from a legendary version. It does feel inferior to other sets currently but it would make some builds more viable if its power was scaled into the legendary tier.

Updates and Beta

With all the recent update problems, maybe HockeyApp could be considered for a live preview of updates. It's a very end-user friendly and simple app to use and it would prevent some unexpected problems. I've seen it used to great effect in some other games previously; devs would release a new build to it and players would download it into Hockey and test it. At the end of the testing period, they'd fill out feedback forms to let the devs know what goes and what doesn't balance-wise. Then the devs would re-work the build and again release it and so on until it was ready for final player-base approved release.

At the very least, this would help problems like unoptimised memory, heavy lag, and so on. You could even use it to stress-test and for other things not normally readily possible.

That's more or less it... All the other stuff that could change has already been mentioned enough times across the forum so I won't repeat it.

I am sure that summoned monsters cannot drop any rare items.
    I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
    Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

I'm referring to normal enemies in general (not named ones like Magroth, Dragon, etc.). Skeletons, Summoners, Elites, Archers, etc. These all can - and sometimes do - drop excellent legendaries.

Comment

I know you do. I just thought you did meant the summoned ones, loot the skeletons and so on.
        My source confirmation: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Armor

Comment

Nope.... I meant the general enemies. And that's really not the point, anyway.
          My point was that unlike in most other mobile RPG games where good loot only drops after defeating difficult enemies, this game is more in line with old RPGs which allow even random enemies to drop good loot. Reminds of the best RPGs of the past where even at level 1 you could get something incredibly rare and valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivx View Post
            Nope.... I meant the general enemies. And that's really not the point, anyway.
            My point was that unlike in most other mobile RPG games where good loot only drops after defeating difficult enemies, this game is more in line with old RPGs which allow even random enemies to drop good loot. Reminds of the best RPGs of the past where even at level 1 you could get something incredibly rare and valuable.
            Ik, when however when I started to play this game, slightly after the Pyramids of the Gods big expansion in 2015, the drop rates had some basic balance.

Now you can drop 3 named in a row level by level when switching class. It is often happening and there are many other looting issues that has been done.

The thing is that in 2015 there were no as many enemies to face as well no auras and this stuff, that was the true drop balance. And yes, bosses has had way higher rewards in story mode. Now you have to go for trials, which is not bad, but there is now no reason to play story, except for the exp and gold.

Maybe the May expansion will change this. As long there has been around 4 expansions for this game (the big ones) and they all did the drop difference. For example, in 2015 the gauntlet was added,... And so on.

Comment

Working...
            X