Thoughts on 1.2.28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on 1.2.28

Just got version 1.2.28. Gameplay is much improved, but a few quick observations...

1) auto-targeting is better, but for BH using scattershot it is still flawed. Apparently, as long as a single shot will get by an obstacle you shoot instead of taking one step to the side and then hitting with all shots.

2) Xagan's chain shock range is screwed. The range was apparently reduced to less than the range of his normal attack, so if you are attacking a boss he will sit at the maximum range of his frostbolt and so his chain shock will fall short. Why?

3) Is it just me, or are the graphics a little screwy? In dark maps (ex. Descent) the monsters frequently turn black. And when fighting large mobs and lots of blood hits the ground the blood flashed.

Agree on Xagan's chain shock range. Is this a bug, or meant to be this way?

Comment

I was wrong, the targeting issue isn't just scattershot. My Mage just spent a good 30 seconds firing into a pillar. I thought he wasn't supposed to do that anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
        I was wrong, the targeting issue isn't just scattershot. My Mage just spent a good 30 seconds firing into a pillar. I thought he wasn't supposed to do that anymore?
        You need line of sight to fire stuff like Arcane Missiles and similar non-AOE spells. Makes sense from a "realism" perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivx View Post
          You need line of sight to fire stuff like Arcane Missiles and similar non-AOE spells. Makes sense from a "realism" perspective.
          But LOS isn't needed for scattershot or arc lightning? Doesn't make sense. Again, I was playing trial of the mire while watching tv, and when I glanced down I found my Mage sitting next to a pillar on the edge of the inner circle shooting arc lightning into the pillar while monsters around him got free shots. That's wrong. And as for scattershot, I'd prefer my character take an extra step to get in a better position.

As for AoE spells, if I could fire Fireball at a spot where there was no monster to hit a monster with the AoE that would be one hing (and pretty damn cool), but since we can't they should require LoS to.

Comment

But LOS isn't needed for scattershot or arc lightning? Doesn't make sense. Again, I was playing trial of the mire while watching tv, and when I glanced down I found my Mage sitting next to a pillar on the edge of the inner circle shooting arc lightning into the pillar while monsters around him got free shots. That's wrong. And as for scattershot, I'd prefer my character take an extra step to get in a better position.

As for AoE spells, if I could fire Fireball at a spot where there was no monster to hit a monster with the AoE that would be one hing (and pretty damn cool), but since we can't they should require LoS to.
            They dont want you able to afk play. Hence they will not fix it. Just auto play on warrior and you will not have that problem. I agree the auto target is stupid. If you cant physically hit the mob then your hero should not try to attack it.
            Led

The needer of Nerfs,
            The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
            HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

@BAgate: Hmm, I thought Lightning needed LOS too. Last I tried, hitting pillars/rocks was still very much present if no LOS... Not sure about Scatter, haven't played other classes that much (apart from to level to 70).

Comment

Again, I was playing trial of the mire while watching tv, and when I glanced down I found my Mage sitting next to a pillar on the edge of the inner circle shooting arc lightning into the pillar while monsters around him got free shots. That's wrong.
                Something is wrong, alright. May I suggest you weren't playing?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
                  Something is wrong, alright. May I suggest you weren't playing?
                  It's called multitasking. If you create a game where it takes 30 seconds of whacking an enemy to kill it, while there being zero danger for you, then don't be surprised if people want to lift there eyes and watch something else for those 30 seconds (or 5 minutes if it is a boss).

But the principle holds. If I click to target an enemy on a different spoke of the wheel I will end up firing into a column. That is your bad, not mine, so kindly don't blame the player.

Comment

Working...
                  X