Adding variety and better scaling to Trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding variety and better scaling to Trials

OK, so we all know that Trials basically just increase the enemy level as you go up in Trial level, leading to the rather insane one-shot kills at higher Trials (and ultimately the "ghost-drain-kills-in-less-than-1s" that LED has in one of his 1400+ Trial videos).

This also means that, for a Warrior to survive in higher level Trials, it MUST be a tanky build. Avoidance (Parry Block Dodge) builds don't work so well due to the 95% chance cap. So less variety there, and an advantage to the Mages, who can focus on DPS if they avoid getting hit (whilst Warriors can not).

But it seems to me that Trial difficulty could play with a variety of factors:

- you could be given LESS TIME to clear the map
    - you could be required to kill MORE ENEMIES to summon the boss (as in, it takes more enemies to fill up the green bar)
    - you could be made to fight TWO or even MORE bosses at the same time, rather than a single, higher-level, one-shot-kill capable boss
    - enemies could be made TOUGHER (more HP) and/or FASTER (more movement/attack speed)
    - there could be a HIGHER %% of ELITES

What I'm thinking is each of those effects could be awarded an equivalent "+X trial levels" number (e.g. having one less minute to clear is a +10 Trial levels effect).

So when we started a Trial of higher level than the "base" equivalent to Story Mode Legendary, the randomizer would randomly pick effects from the above list until the Trial level difference was covered.

We'd get a feeling of novelty with each Trial, not knowing exactly how it would play out, while at the same time eschewing the pure enemy level increase and the problems that presently causes.

I agree. But maybe we can see this inside of the trial revamping.
    I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
    Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Working...
    X