• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto-attack after skill option

The title, pretty much.

Originally posted by Freeman9426 View Post
    The title, pretty much.
    Huh? Isn't that what already happens? (That you continue Auto attacking after using a skill?)

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
      Huh? Isn't that what already happens? (That you continue Auto attacking after using a skill?)
      Nope, unless you where using the regular attack already before. If you use certain skills from and idle stance (e.g. rapid fire with the bh), once the skill finishes the character won't continue attacking. With blade furry happens something similar, only that it stops attacking if the last hit kills a mob (not 100% sure about this, since once you have 3 skills and start using WW blade furry is rendered obsolete).

Comment

Only if you are already auto-attacking. If you start a fight with a skill (Rapid Fire for example) then you will not be auto-attacking. If you start auto-attacking and then use a skill you will continue your previous action (auto-attacking). That's because your character will auto-attack and chase any mob that it got aggro with, after you first attack. When you aggro a mob its right to not auto-attack automatically. But if you respond with a skill it should immediately start auto-attacking to avoid losing precious auto-attacks that will heal you.

Comment

Originally posted by hades0505 View Post
          Nope, unless you where using the regular attack already before. If you use certain skills from and idle stance (e.g. rapid fire with the bh), once the skill finishes the character won't continue attacking. With blade furry happens something similar, only that it stops attacking if the last hit kills a mob (not 100% sure about this, since once you have 3 skills and start using WW blade furry is rendered obsolete).
          Are you me by any chance?

Comment

I'm not understanding, I'm guessing it's a BH thing. On my warrior if I use charge it automatically starts Auto attacking the enemies. I still use blade furry all the time, for me it seems to make boss fights faster (I'm cl 326).

Comment

I'm not understanding, I'm guessing it's a BH thing. On my warrior if I use charge it automatically starts Auto attacking the enemies. I still use blade furry all the time, for me it seems to make boss fights faster (I'm cl 326).
              I'm CL 276 and since I unlocked the 3rd skill slot yesterday, I find WW being more consistent than blade furry. I do only use it between cooldowns of WW.

Comment

I'm CL 276 and since I unlocked the 3rd skill slot yesterday, I find WW being more consistent than blade furry. I do only use it between cooldowns of WW.
                Can't blade flurry be used during WW? I'm new to Warrior.

@Freeman- I think the auto attack works like it should. For BH it's a little different as Smoke turns auto attack off by design, then you Rapidfire and auto attack is still off... as it should be. If you start an encounter with Rapidfire before selecting a target, it's only going to leave you picking your nose after it finishes, because you never selected a target in the first place- how's the game supposed to determine that you want to continue attacking when you weren't attacking in the first place?

I have noticed that occasionally Blade Flurry will turn off auto attack, but not always, so I put a bug request in on that.
                POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Sarcasm is my weapon of choice. It's like aiming a nuke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Rathmon View Post
                  Can't blade flurry be used during WW? I'm new to Warrior.

@Freeman- I think the auto attack works like it should. For BH it's a little different as Smoke turns auto attack off by design, then you Rapidfire and auto attack is still off... as it should be. If you start an encounter with Rapidfire before selecting a target, it's only going to leave you picking your nose after it finishes, because you never selected a target in the first place- how's the game supposed to determine that you want to continue attacking when you weren't attacking in the first place?

I have noticed that occasionally Blade Flurry will turn off auto attack, but not always, so I put a bug request in on that.
                  Neither blade flurry nor any other skill, at least on the phone.

And IMO, if you start attacking a mob of minions with rapidfire, is therefore expected that you wanna continuously beating their sh*t out right away.

Comment

And IMO, if you start attacking a mob of minions with rapidfire, is therefore expected that you wanna continuously beating their sh*t out right away.
                    This. Also because of close calls when a single hit done a 0.5 seconds before mean life or death.

Comment

Originally posted by Rathmon View Post
                      Can't blade flurry be used during WW?
                      No. Personally ww usually does less DPS for me if I'm not using br than cleave on its own

Comment

No. Personally ww usually does less DPS for me if I'm not using br than cleave on its own
                        Well, my Warrior is only lvl 35 so I'm stacking LR and Duelist with WW as I'm currently allocating CL points to Atk Speed. Obviously I have a ways to go with learning the classes besides BH.
                        POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Comment

On my phone when I'm using Warrior and BF procs while I'm already engaged in combat I think most of the time I'll still be attacking if mobs are still alive after BF wears off. I'll have to double check. This is on the Beta.

And I agree that you want to keep attacking when initiating a fight with a special attack. I guess the devs should be able to have the combat system auto select the nearest mob after that. Maybe.
                          POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Comment

Actually, in addition to buff skills like Battle Rage, you can activate Shield Slam (from Sword and Board) during Whirlwind.

Deadly throw is still blocked though, even with a shield.
                            Useful links, for my use and for yours...
                            http://postimage.io for uploading screens easily
                            Google site search for these forums
                            (more to follow)

Comment

Originally posted by Estharon View Post
                              Actually, in addition to buff skills like Battle Rage, you can activate Shield Slam (from Sword and Board) during Whirlwind.

Deadly throw is still blocked though, even with a shield.
                              Huh? You aren't able to activate battle rage during whirlwind.

Comment

Working...
                              X