Gemstone variety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gemstone variety

I couldn't find much info on gemstone types...
    I've been curious about the 6 gemstones we can acquire and if they plan on adding any others eventually. Most attributes I understand there is little to no use, but as the game progresses and grows things like EXP gems could be useful especially.

Currently sitting at about 213CL with 600%+ exp farming my life away, loving it, but sad because for some reason I lack power gemstones most, probably by about half.

Any discussions somewhere, that are up to date, about additional gemstones in the future? What would you guys like to see added?

Sorry if it's been discussed before, I couldn't find anything through search.
    ZAMU YESE VARO 8373

Originally posted by Skycake View Post
    I couldn't find much info on gemstone types...
    I've been curious about the 6 gemstones we can acquire and if they plan on adding any others eventually. Most attributes I understand there is little to no use, but as the game progresses and grows things like EXP gems could be useful especially.

Currently sitting at about 213CL with 600%+ exp farming my life away, loving it, but sad because for some reason I lack power gemstones most, probably by about half.

Any discussions somewhere, that are up to date, about additional gemstones in the future? What would you guys like to see added?

Sorry if it's been discussed before, I couldn't find anything through search.
    I saw a suggestion somewhere, for them to add an experience gemstone, which would be great for building a set of +experience gear. What I feel that they really need to do, is to give us the option to exchange one gem type for another. I mean really, who even uses amethysts? They should allow us, at the very least, to pay a small amount of gems to gain the option to exchange say an amethyst for a ruby. It takes long enough as it is to get just one brilliant gem, unless you have a LOT of free time.
    BEMO GEKI DIGE 6355

Comment

Originally posted by MattsDMan View Post
      I saw a suggestion somewhere, for them to add an experience gemstone, which would be great for building a set of +experience gear. What I feel that they really need to do, is to give us the option to exchange one gem type for another. I mean really, who even uses amethysts? They should allow us, at the very least, to pay a small amount of gems to gain the option to exchange say an amethyst for a ruby. It takes long enough as it is to get just one brilliant gem, unless you have a LOT of free time.
      Yes, I love that idea, reroll gemstones! I have so many amethyst, not even worth selling though.
      ZAMU YESE VARO 8373

Comment

My preferred method: add a 'convert' option for brilliant gemstones where the 'fuse' option is for lesser types. Have it cost 20,000 gold or so, and convert 3 brilliant of 1 type to 1 trillion of a random different type. That would incentivize collecting and fusing the less desirable types, it wouldn't let you just get what you want and it would be very inefficient (1:9) so it wouldn't break the economic model that incentivizes buying gemstone packs, and the UI changes would be minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
          My preferred method: add a 'convert' option for brilliant gemstones where the 'fuse' option is for lesser types. Have it cost 20,000 gold or so, and convert 3 brilliant of 1 type to 1 trillion of a random different type. That would incentivize collecting and fusing the less desirable types, it wouldn't let you just get what you want and it would be very inefficient (1:9) so it wouldn't break the economic model that incentivizes buying gemstone packs, and the UI changes would be minimal.
          That is a horrible idea. I don't know about you, but I don't want to risk 3 brilliant gemstones, on the slim hope of getting a trillion ruby, which is what most of us want the most of, not to mention that is a step down on the tier scale for gemstones. If nothing else, your idea should be flipped around; it should be 3 trillion (random, not of the same type) gemstones, for a random brilliant gemstone. Now that would make much more sense, and would still keep an incentive for players to buy gempacks. Plus, that would give us a reason to keep on collecting/fusing those gemstone types that we feel are worthless (I'm looking at you amethyst).
          BEMO GEKI DIGE 6355

Comment

The reason amethyst is useless is because devs has been kind to us by giving us reduced cooldowns by simply attacking, a nice named cape with ability rate bonus and cls that include ability rate. If we keep just complaining for the result of their gifts the easier way for a two dev team to fix this is to take their gifts back. Then amethyst will not be useless but our hard earned curent rings might not be as usefull. I sugest that we give them ideas to either make the amethyst usefull in the future or a good alternative for ability rate. Xp and critical damage is good ideas but they maybe op.

My sugestion is amethyst to be very useful in a new class, whenever it may come. The sooner the better. Until then i can live with a useless gemstone in my inventory. I think many other things should be improoved first.
            WESO XAQO YOQA 8402 Sathen

Comment

Originally posted by Vouis View Post
              The reason amethyst is useless is because devs has been kind to us by giving us reduced cooldowns by simply attacking, a nice named cape with ability rate bonus and cls that include ability rate. If we keep just complaining for the result of their gifts the easier way for a two dev team to fix this is to take their gifts back. Then amethyst will not be useless but our hard earned curent rings might not be as usefull. I sugest that we give them ideas to either make the amethyst usefull in the future or a good alternative for ability rate. Xp and critical damage is good ideas but they maybe op.

My sugestion is amethyst to be very useful in a new class, whenever it may come. The sooner the better. Until then i can live with a useless gemstone in my inventory. I think many other things should be improoved first.
              Oh I agree many things should be improved first, I was simply curious if they ever planned on adding more, maybe even combining gems to have multiple but reduced effects.

Being a mostly casual player, I find myself lacking power gems and have far too many amethyst, if i could I would even trade an armor gem for power right now. RNGESUS blesses me with many gems, but holds out on rubies.

Regardless, I love this game and I'm so excited to see where it goes.
              ZAMU YESE VARO 8373

Comment

Originally posted by MattsDMan View Post
                That is a horrible idea. I don't know about you, but I don't want to risk 3 brilliant gemstones, on the slim hope of getting a trillion ruby, which is what most of us want the most of, not to mention that is a step down on the tier scale for gemstones. If nothing else, your idea should be flipped around; it should be 3 trillion (random, not of the same type) gemstones, for a random brilliant gemstone. Now that would make much more sense, and would still keep an incentive for players to buy gempacks. Plus, that would give us a reason to keep on collecting/fusing those gemstone types that we feel are worthless (I'm looking at you amethyst).
                I think you miss the point. If you could use 3 trillion amethysts to get a random brilliant everyone would do that all the time (since no one uses amethysts) and on average everyone would get 1/5 the brilliant gems of the other types as they would have gotten amethysts. That would break the economics and make gemstone packs much less desirable. It also would still preserve the fact that brilliant amethyst/topaz are useless dead ends that would accumulate in inventory unless sold off for pocket change.

My suggestion is basically a way to make useless gemstones useful without affecting the devs business model.

So the criteria I was working off of were:
                1) minimal UI elements/changes to minimize coding required
                2) should preserve the element of grinding/dependence on rng
                3) should be very inefficient so there is still incentive to grind/buy gem packs

Your way would violate 1 (requiring an additional button in addition to fuse for trillions), 2 (what type of gem you find would be largely irrelevant since you just need 3 trillion of any type to get a random brilliant) and 3 (would preserve normal progression for all desirable gemstones and would basically convert undesirables at 3 trillion to 1 random brilliant [since you would just group only the trillions you wanted to get rid of in the character doing the converting]).

Comment

Originally posted by Skycake View Post
                  Being a mostly casual player, I find myself lacking power gems ... RNGESUS blesses me with many gems, but holds out on rubies.
                  Being more than a casual player I can testify that gems aren't RNG. You get the same amount of each type of gem (source, I got approx 40 brilliants of each color)

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                    Being more than a casual player I can testify that gems aren't RNG. You get the same amount of each type of gem (source, I got approx 40 brilliants of each color)
                    I would say that is more large sample size evening things out, rather than proof of no rng.

Comment

I would say that is more large sample size evening things out, rather than proof of no rng.
                      It's been evened out the whole time, I don't think it was ever off by more than 2

Comment

Well I don't think I've been at it as long as you, but I remember a difference of at least 4 or 5.

Comment

Well I don't think I've been at it as long as you, but I remember a difference of at least 4 or 5.
                          Did you bought gems from the store? If yes thats might be the reason for the big difference. The drops seem more equal because you farm all the time. Store bought gems might require a biger number of purchases to give you equal results.

Edit: gemstones, not gems.
                          Last edited by Vouis; 06-09-2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I didn't buy gempacks until the past few weeks.

And my eternal complaint, but can we PLEASE rename the premium currency? Gems vs gemstones is confusing as hell.

Comment

There are the free gemstone packs from daily reward also. They might be responsible for the imbalance.

Comment

Working...
                              X